Thread: Dreambox MD500HD questions

Thanks

Default Dreambox MD500HD questions

Just joined. After lots of reading I have decided to go for dreambox MD500HD. Though I am a newbie I tried to get some idea how dreambox works and get most out of it. I have few questions though..
    1. Does MD500HD can decode mpeg-4 FTA channels?
    2. Should I go for genuine or clone from china?
    I like to get some tutorials how to setup dreambox over internet to get maximum benefit?
    PM or e-mail will be fine if the information I am after doesn't allow forum rules. I am from perth and planning to get visionasia and asiasat3s channels.
    Any help will be highly appretiated. I like to try dreambox but it is a expensive box and don't want to buy the unit unless there is anyone succeeded.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I cant tell you anything about the C Band FTA channels as I dont have them myself. But genuine Dreamboxes are a lot more expensive than chinese clones. Clones work fine as long as you buy them from a source that sells them all the time and isnt a fly by nighter. A number of members here sell them, do a search in the Buy Sell Trade forum amd you should find a few.

There are only 2 Australian Dreambox dealers listed on their website and I dont think you would like their prices Have you considered the 800HD ? From memory the clones of them are going for a bit over $300 but dont quote me on the price.

If you do a search for " Dreambox Tutorial ", you should find a link to Klonas tutorial.

From what you are " hinting " , you need someone to have a subscription card in the first place.......there is no free service for paid services. Someone has to have a subscription in the first place.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

300degree (25-10-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

The 500HD doesn't seem to be very popular. If you are after a dreambox I would consider looking at a DM800. There are sellers on this forum that sell reliable clones.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

QUOTE From Tensat

Hi, the only ones available are the DM500HD and the DM8000. The DM500HD is $495 including delivery, and the DM8000 is $1,620 delivered.
    the distributor advises that the demand for genuine DM800 is too small to justify carrying stock.
    I have one new DM500 clone in stock, $120 delivered.

DM800HD isn't availble. I want to get HD model so that I can receive mpeg4 FTA just incase my project fails. Plan is to play with it so that I can watch more channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    I cant tell you anything about the C Band FTA channels as I dont have them myself. But genuine Dreamboxes are a lot more expensive than chinese clones. Clones work fine as long as you buy them from a source that sells them all the time and isnt a fly by nighter. A number of members here sell them, do a search in the Buy Sell Trade forum amd you should find a few.

There are only 2 Australian Dreambox dealers listed on their website and I dont think you would like their prices Have you considered the 800HD ? From memory the clones of them are going for a bit over $300 but dont quote me on the price.

If you do a search for " Dreambox Tutorial ", you should find a link to Klonas tutorial.

From what you are " hinting " , you need someone to have a subscription card in the first place.......there is no free service for paid services. Someone has to have a subscription in the first place.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

As mentioned, buy a 800HD clone from a seller on here ( unless you want to spend $500 on a genuine )