Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NSW Solar..........

Thanks

Default NSW Solar..........

Rates for the hugely popular feed in tariff program in New South Wales, the Solar Bonus Scheme, have been scaled back dramatically for new connections under the program.

According to a release from the Premier of New South Wales, Kristina Keneally, due to the unexpected rate of subscription in the first 10 months of the Solar Bonus Scheme, the Government today announced a major revamp that see the immediate close of the current program at midnight to new connections, and the introduction of a new program with a rate of 20 cents/kWh paid to system owners.

It's all going bye bye............ for new connections only , but im sure it will attack exsisting as soon as they get their chance

More info here

Regs
    Extradry
    Last edited by Extradry; 27-10-10 at 06:37 PM. Reason: more info

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Extradry For This Useful Post:

Don Benosee (28-10-10),Rocket (28-10-10)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 958 Posts

I think the Opposition should have it as one of their Policy's to bring the 60 cents back, it would be a certain Nail in the coffin of the Labor Government,

most everyone I know was considering having the solar panels fitted,

surely this would have been a great reduction in the production of carbon,

I don't think as many people will be going solar after midnight tonight.

Time for Labor to go I think....
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 27-10-10 at 06:43 PM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

This carbon reduction scheme is one of the biggest scams perpetrated on the consumers by either a Government or Business.
    Plain sense dictated that it was an unsustanable program to pay a 'solar panel' producer/customer 3 times what they sold it to other consumers for.
    Also this idiotic statement that they didnt expect as many people to take up the offer as they did after heavily promoting the scheme is a total insult to the intellegence.
    As for the Libs/NP continueing the rebate scheme, that is pure science fiction as they will sell off all the power industry to their business mates faster than a speeding bullet no matter how loud they protest otherwise at this time.
    I dont care who is in power, we the consumer mugs are going to have to pay and pay for whatever happens.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 27-10-10 at 07:17 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

gulliver (28-10-10),Joey (28-10-10),Optima Collins (31-10-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OSIRUS View Post
    most everyone I know was considering having the solar panels fitted,

surely this would have been a great reduction in the production of carbon,

I don't think as many people will be going solar after midnight tonight.

Time for Labor to go I think....
    If everyone you know was considering having solar panels because this is such a great way to reduce carbon production ,they have nothing to worry about because the labor party have not stopped that ability.
    All they have done is reduce the ludicrous amounts of money they were paying people to become responsible about their energy usage.

PV has never been more affordable than it is now so if anyone believes installing a system will benefit the environment then what they are being paid for their excess energy production is irrelevant but of course 99.9% of people don't give a stuff about the environment if it going to cost them something.
    Funny how people pretend to care about the environment when there is money to be made but when the money stops it's government or someone elses fault they are not being paid enough to be responsible .

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joey For This Useful Post:

Don Benosee (28-10-10),tristen (28-10-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 707 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extradry View Post
    It's all going bye bye............ for new connections only , but im sure it will attack exsisting as soon as they get their chance
    Yep, whenever there's one of these 'old scheme and new scheme' scenarios the old one never lasts very long - especially if it's costing the gumbiment more.

Thanks

Well thats the thing don, its not costing the government a thing. Ok, atm it is but eventually its us tax payers that foot the bill anyway. I thought i heard a radio report yesterday saying that the state was back in the black. So if thats true then the question has to be asked how much was the scheme hurting the budget? Or is it a case of someone in the government actually has half a brain and could see where things were going with the mass sign ups?

Increased charges to all customers will be done to cover the cost of the hand outs. Its yet another case of giving with one hand and taking with the other.

That said we signed up late yesterday arvo for the 60c rebate and that decision had nothing to do with the environment.
    Last edited by viper5150; 28-10-10 at 10:47 PM.

Thanks

Damn .... only spoke to someone last week about this and it seems I'm too late to get the special rebates

Thanks

Can't the supplier just backdate a receipt for a Non Refundable deposit to the 27th secure the 60c tarriff? From the press release people who have paid a non refundable deposit to purchase a system have until the 18th Nov to submit a Grid Connect application. Many systems won't be installed till the new year, does have one have any info on fixed 40c REC prices from Jan 1st 2011??

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by viper5150 View Post
    I thought i heard a radio report yesterday saying that the state was back in the black.
    On one single budget or financial year maybe. Last I saw they owed 10-12 billion dollars.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Power Stations need to be built, Now

I worked at both Liddel & Bayswater Power stations in the Hunter valley,

Liddel Power station was supposed to be decommissioned in 1999, (so i heard)

but continually, is just being propped up to keep it going,

A decision has got to be made soon, but coal fired Power Stations are not a Politically favorable choice, hence no decision has been made,

I think The Government should encourage Solar panels to every house,

the Same way a rainwater tank was encouraged in drought times,

The roof of every house in every city is a vast area collectively for both solar Power generation, as well as a water catchment area.
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 30-10-10 at 05:55 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Power Stations need to be built,

The roof of every house in every city is a vast area collectively for both solar Power generation, as well as a water catchment area.
    My only responce to a 'Rooseveltian Solar Panel for every House' is unless you also have batteries or Power stations, it is gunna be awefull bloody dark at night !!!
    Like Wind Generators that dont produce unless the wind blows, Solar panels dont produce when the Sun sets.
    Also as you would well be aware, it takes some time to throttle up and down any generators which means the 'Fire' has to kept burning to maintain the steam at a usable temperature.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Why does the government "have to" do everything ? what is wrong with taking responsibility for your own energy usage and water storage ?
    If you don't want to take responsibility for you own consumption you can simply purchase it from the public providers at whatever they wish to charge., it's totally your choice and you are not obligated to do either.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Why does the government "have to" do everything ? what is wrong with taking responsibility for your own energy usage and water storage ?
    If you don't want to take responsibility for you own consumption you can simply purchase it from the public providers at whatever they wish to charge., it's totally your choice and you are not obligated to do either.
    The Simple answer is that I have not got the money to do it, unless there is some assistance,

& unless the rules are put in place to make it easier to move in that direction, people will not move that way.

Electricity bills are starting to hurt a lot of people, (& are predicted to roughly double what they are now, in the coming years)

(& the Open Cut coal mines in the hunter valley are also F*cking the underground water supply courses for all the Farmers downstream,)

The Governments should take responsibility for the bigger picture, for the direction they want the country to move in.
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 31-10-10 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks

Obviously a lot of people can't afford a lot of things that doesn't mean that everyone should be given a hand out for what they cant afford.
    I hear a lot of pensioners can barely afford to buy milk , should the government provide subsidized cows for them?

You don't need to be Einstein to know that when there is a subsidy / handout for something it has to be paid for somehow , we are already seeing higher energy prices , this is not because it is costing more to produce or coal is getting more expensive.
    The simply fact is people need to be responsible about their usage , and they will be forced to if it gets more expensive , sitting in front of an Aircon on a hot day watching your 60" plasma is a luxury not a necessity .

Thanks

Often times it is government legislation that stops the individual employing techniques that could help the environment and save the consumer a lot of money. I live on a very long property and there is no one immediately behind me. That causes a wind tunnel effect between the two side fences that could be used to generate electricity from wind power at a safe distance from the house (about 50-60 meters). In fact, I looked into it and could probably build myself a small turbine powerful enough to run LED lights throughout the house for less than one of my satellite installations. Unfortunately, my council forbids it. I also looked at solar panels last year and opted for a hotwater system rather than the cells simply because that was where I consume most. However, as I stated in another post, I paid a premium price for it because of the increased demand bought on by the government's rebates. My neighbour paid roughly $4000 less than me in January of last year, compared to my November installation, for the same items by the same company. At about the same time someone from the government decided to permit power companies to roll out the new digital meters without our consent, the one's that treble our costs for the same consumption, and I got one, totally obliterating the benefit of my $6500 solar hot water system with one swift stroke. I could be a conspiracy theorist and hypothesize that the roll out of these digital meters neatly coincides with the increase in solar uptake, almost as a means of compensating for the lost revenue, but I won't suggest that because that couldn't happen, our governments wouldn't allow it, would they? In short, my point is that taking repsonsibility for one's own needs or initiatives is often not possible without the appropriate government legislation that would permit it in the first place.

OC
    Last edited by Optima Collins; 31-10-10 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks

Obviously a lot of people can't afford a lot of things that doesn't mean that everyone should be given a hand out for what they cant afford.
    I hear a lot of pensioners can barely afford to buy milk , should the government provide subsidized cows for them?
    ... But they could subsidize milk for them. They did for us when I was in primary school in NSW.

OC
    Last edited by Optima Collins; 31-10-10 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Optima Collins View Post
    my point is that taking repsonsibility for one's own needs or inicitiatives is often not possible without the appropriate government legislation that would permit it in the first place.
    OC
    That's just plain ridiculous , no legislation is necessary for people to reduce their energy usage , thankfully there is legislation in place to prevent people setting up wind turbines in suburbia to maintain their wasteful power usage.

Often times it is government legislation that stops the individual employing techniques that could help the environment and save the consumer a lot of money
    You are inferring now that the government needs to put in place legislation for an individuals whims., Use less power and you wont need a wind turbine , that will be good for the environment if that is your concern , it will also save you the money you say the government should be encouraging you to do.

Thanks

That's just plain ridiculous , no legislation is necessary for people to reduce their energy usage , thankfully there is legislation in place to prevent people setting up wind turbines in suburbia to maintain their wasteful power usage.

You are inferring now that the government needs to put in place legislation for an individuals whims., Use less power and you wont need a wind turbine , that will be good for the environment if that is your concern , it will also save you the money you say the government should be encouraging you to do.
    The point I was making is that the responsibility flows both ways. Currently, those with the solar panels will be subsidised by the price increases applied to those that do not have them (Sydney Telegraph, today), a situation created by very poor and negligent legislation. We all have basal needs below which we go beyond poverty, are you suggesting that that is acceptable?

OC

P.S. Commercial domestic wind turbines are available in many countries. I can't see why you have to make it sound so criminal.
    Last edited by Optima Collins; 31-10-10 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Optima Collins View Post
    The point I was making is that the responsibility flows both ways. Currently, those with the solar panels will be subsidised by the price increases applied to those that do not have them (Sydney Telegraph, today), a situation created by very poor and negligent legislation. We all have basal needs below which we go beyond poverty, are you suggesting that that is acceptable?

OC

P.S. Commercial domestic wind turbines are available in many countries. I can't see why you have to make it sound so criminal.
    No way is it fair , there should be no subsidies the at all full stop! if you can produce with solar what you use that's great and maybe if you make more than you use be paid the same rate as what you are paying , I would be very happy with that. , no one will be disadvantaged this way.

As for wind turbines they are ugly , noisy and extremely unreliable , they are a complete waste of money , they produce at best 10% of what the equivalent PV system produces and are only an attractive option for people who have never had one and think they live somewhere with more wind than anywhere else.
    The subject of wind turbines as an alternative energy source has been beaten to death many times already , they are not even remotely viable.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I guess the bottom line is the return from solar panels is not as good as it was, for new customers.

why pay thousands of dollars, to get the panels installed, & get a $200 cheque back, but then get an electricity bill for $800 as well. (per quarter)

it may become more viable if the cost of the solar panels & the installation comes down in the years to come.

And we will see what the government will do, to continue to meet the Electricity needs of the State & the Country
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 31-10-10 at 08:24 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

Joey (31-10-10)

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast