Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: I701 CanalSat/Canal+ changes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danone View Post
    I would be interested of what channels have English audio streams. Anyone knows?
    More interested to know if Eurosport has it. Thanks.
    I only have the Aston Simba box. From what I have seen, in English France 4 and France 5 both show stuff in English (eg Doctor Who) Some of the movies on Arte also have the 'Original Audio' in addition to French and German language streams.

Canal+ which is FTA for a number of hours each day also has an English language stream if the show is originally in english. I have seen 2 and a half men in English on there.

I can't comment on Eurosport.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Simey For This Useful Post:

danone (25-09-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I would be interested of what channels have English audio streams. Anyone knows?
    More interested to know if Eurosport has it. Thanks.
    I don't remember seeing english audio on Eurosport but I did a number of the movie channels.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

danone (25-09-13)

Thanks

Sounds similar to France where the terrestrial and satellite both have for many shows the French as main and English as alternative. I.e. CSI will be dubbed on main and original soundtrack on the alt audio. Some even have German as another sub audio. My wife and I watch most shows when we are there in english, easier and the news of course in French.

Cheers

Thanks

One question out of left field. If I was to get a TNT card for standard Canalsat, from France,
    Would this work for Intelsat 18? As I understand it, it is the same service?
    Possible Nest Pas?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

hmmmm it's possible as long as it's using the same encryption.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

stewartjm (07-10-13)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stewartjm View Post
    One question out of left field. If I was to get a TNT card for standard Canalsat, from France,
    Possible Nest Pas?
    They do both use viaccess but the cards sure look different from the outside....only one way to find out

• The Following User Says Thank You to mandc For This Useful Post:

stewartjm (07-10-13)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Possible Nest Pas?
    I have read on Euro Forum its different.
    Even when buying the Cards from Euro sites, they state its for HotBird only, not New Cal.

Buy it and try it.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

stewartjm (07-10-13)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Possible Nest Pas?
    I have read on Euro Forum its different.
    Even when buying the Cards from Euro sites, they state its for HotBird only, not New Cal.

Buy it and try it.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

15 km north of Merimbula Far South coast NSW
    Thanks

G' Day all,

Please only purchase a box from Noumea, any smart card from Tahiti or France might not work on the New Caledonia Bouquet they use a different Satellite NIT (Network Information Table) and The keys on the viaccess card are different according to the Technician from France Television.
    Hope this clarify your question.
    Cheers
    M

Possible Nest Pas?

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to michell For This Useful Post:

Keepleft (25-10-13),LeroyPatrol (08-10-13),stewartjm (12-11-13),tristen (08-10-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michell View Post
    G' Day all,

Please only purchase a box from Noumea, any smart card from Tahiti or France might not work on the New Caledonia Bouquet they use a different Satellite NIT (Network Information Table) and The keys on the viaccess card are different according to the Technician from France Television.
    Hope this clarify your question.
    Cheers
    M
    This topic has been discussed before. Someone even tried a card from Tahiti recently (Intelsat 18's Ku-band French Polynesia/US Beam), and it didn't work. I'm also of the understanding as well that you must purchase the Sat Decoder (with included Viaccess Card) from Noumea to be able to watch France Television Channels off Intelsat 18's Ku-band South Pacific Beam here in Australia. There is no way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simey View Post
    I only have the Aston Simba box. From what I have seen, in English France 4 and France 5 both show stuff in English (eg Doctor Who) Some of the movies on Arte also have the 'Original Audio' in addition to French and German language streams.

Canal+ which is FTA for a number of hours each day also has an English language stream if the show is originally in english. I have seen 2 and a half men in English on there.

I can't comment on Eurosport.
    Now that is interesting! I've never seen English as an audio option (apart from Canal+ when it's not locked and with a program with DD English). Mind you we don't use our Aston Simba Box as I've taken the Viaccess Card from it, and the Mediaguard Card from the (CanalSat Australie supplied) Pace Box and put them both in our UltraPlus X-9200HD. So I'm not sure it it's a limitation on the UltraPlus compared to the Aston Simba, or I've never tried to find a English Audio when such as offered on France 4 or France 5. Come to think of it I've never checked the audio options for Arte. Must check that. Certainly I can't find/select the Pilot Button on the UltraPlus to view subtitles for TF1 etc. Have to use the Pace box supplied by CanalSat Australie.

I guess those with CanalSat Australie Service have noted the extra three Channels added to their package from yesterday 9/10/13. See:

I got excited when I saw Paramount vo (VOSTF), but like TCM vo it gets locked shortly after selecting it so you don't get time to change audio.

Kind Regards
    Last edited by Bizzibee; 10-10-13 at 02:09 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Bizzibee For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (10-10-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzibee View Post
    .....I've never seen English as an audio option....
    OK so I checked the audio options on France 4 tonight while Doctor Who was on. Listed Audio streams were: fra, qad & qaa. Tried each to see if any were English. fra & qad were French and qaa was English. Amazing! Interesting it's not listed as eng. Is it listed as eng on the Aston Simba?

I found this news article from last December regard VOST on France 2:

-------------------------------------------------------
    France 2 launch in VOST

From 3 December 2012, at 20:45, France 2 will offer viewers the opportunity to take in all the American series of Monday Version
    Original Sub-Titled (VOST).

The implementation of this new service, which complements the existing subtitling and
    Audio description services is to promote learning English.

This service is available to all viewers of France 2, and regardless
    their mode of reception (DTT, cable, satellite, ISP).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind Regards
    Last edited by Bizzibee; 10-10-13 at 09:27 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bizzibee For This Useful Post:

danone (10-10-13),Keepleft (25-10-13),LeroyPatrol (11-10-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzibee View Post
    OK so I checked the audio options on France 4 tonight while Doctor Who was on. Listed Audio streams were: fra, qad & qaa. Tried each to see if any were English. fra & qad were French and qaa was English. Amazing! Interesting it's not listed as eng. Is it listed as eng on the Aston Simba?
    Thanks bizzibee. Can you please check the other channels for english audio? Especially Eurosport.
    DM8000 quad tunner 2xDVB-S2 + 2xDVB-T, DM500HD

Thanks

Thanks bizzibee. Can you please check the other channels for english audio? Especially Eurosport.
    Interesting! Danone, I replied to this the other day but the entire post is gone. It was there on Saturday.

Anyway.... No Eurosport HD doesn't have an English audio stream. Only French is available.

You know that you can check what audio language streams and/or what language subtitles are available on any of the channels on Intelsat 18. That is you can select any channel on any of the transponders on Intelsat 18's Ku-band South Pacific Beam and press either the audio language button and/or subtitles button as see what is listed.

I know you can do that because I can if I removed both smart cards (Viaccess & Mediguard) from our UltraPlus X-9200HD I can do the same.

Even with both Smartcards inserted, I can check what audio language streams are available for all the channels that are locked out of our CanalSat Australie subscription. With the exception of Paramount vo & TCM vo because that hard set to VOSTFR - Version Originale - Sous-Titre Français (Original Version - French Sub Titles).

Anyway I hope this helps!

Kind Regards
    Last edited by Bizzibee; 15-10-13 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks

Thank you bizzibee. I thought that might might be the case.

Thanks

Does anyone know how to get a component/s-video signal from the original Pace decoder box to a DVD recorder?

At the moment, I am plugging in the scart to composite cable (The one that came with the Pace Decoder) into my Panasonic DVD Recorder. The picture isn't great of course.

Just looking for a better alternative instead of recording in composite signal.

I bought a scart to s-video cable, but this is not working for some reason.

Any suggestions, thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Are you sure you're in the right thread ??

Hos Here

Thanks

Hi hos here,

Not sure if it's the right thread, but usually ask my questions here regarding lbf, canal sat etc

Thanks

Default Thanks to all

Hi folks,

I've been a serial lurker on this thread for many years, and I've recently been able to utilise all the great advice gleaned to get my French TV up and running. Many thanks to those posters (Bizzibee, LeroyPatrol, michell to name a few) who provided useful information along the way.

A few notes having gone through the process recently:
    - CanalSat Australie were great. If I had have been home it could have been a next day installation. The installer here in eastern Melbourne was quick, clean and courteous and I've had no issues. The 'Le Cube' PVR is quite good, other than I haven't yet figured how how to set the clock for daylight savings! There's a rumour of moving to IPTV transmission in future (which given IPTV penetration in France doesn't surprise me, but implementing it here would be another thing!).
    - Aston Simba from Antelec. Antelec were great, helping me to purchase via email given my very limited French. From first contact to having the box at home took just over two weeks given the payment transfer timeframes and shipping time. The functionality on this box is a little clunky, but it seems pretty robust, and is working well for me at the moment.

Once again, many thanks to all those who provided information over time!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jwhelan For This Useful Post:

best4less (06-10-14),LeroyPatrol (06-10-14),ol' boy (06-10-14)

Thanks

I got the Aston Simba from Antelec about six months ago and set it up without too much difficulty. I have since moved the card into a DishTV 7090, which has a built-in harddrive, better subtitles and more reliable timer-recording than the Aston Simba.

I do not know French, so much of the French content is of no interest to me. Except for Letters & Numbers (on France 3). I used to watch the Australian version of Letters & Numbers every day and was very disappointed when it went off the air. Now I watch the French version of Letters & Numbers every day. I'm useless on the Letters part, but the Numbers are great.

Some of the French channels (especially France 4) broadcast American/British programs with an English-language option. Most nights there will be something in English somewhere. However, the most useful channel for me is Arte.

Arte has German audio for all its programming (except for live news broadcasts and an occasional French film). My German is pretty good, so I am watching Arte a lot. I used to watch SBS when it was available in New Zealand and was very sad when we lost it. But I am happy now. Arte is every bit as good as SBS. In fact, since Art broadcasts 24 hours per day, you get a lot more worthwhile content than SBS.

For sole-English speakers, it's probably not worth the money to get the Aston Simba package. However, for anybody with a moderate understanding of French or German, it's great!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ichi For This Useful Post:

tristen (14-10-14),weirdo (14-10-14)

• Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112