Thread: Late 2011:The PSP2 - What will it look like / feature?

Thanks

Default Late 2011:The PSP2 - What will it look like / feature?

Of the many articles, here's a good one:

SUGGESTED FEATURES (REPORTED):

- Rumored touch panel on the back of the hardware (ie mouse trackpad)
    - Dual analogue sticks, or perhaps a stand-along touchpad?
    - Similar to the Galaxy S phone; may offer a large "HD" screen
    - PSP2 vs PS Phone, or COULD they be the SAME thing!?

--------------------------

Looking a the evolution of the PSP console, the PSP1000, 2000 and 3000 in my opinion had VERY little differences cosmetically, it only became slightly more attractive with the innards. EG: Compare the 1000 vs 3000 and if you notice any "slimming" difference, you must be a person who typically measures in micro millimetres!
    Then you have the PSPGo, the sales have flopped big time causing a recent price drop...I made a separate reply post to my deal thread in the forum if you are looking to get one BRAND NEW with 10 games for under $200...Anyway, the fact the PSPGo has dropped the UMD technology shows Sony are heading towards creating(and maintaining) a handheld game device where games can be accessed via WIFI internet and downloaded to internal or external memory. Not to mention, the obvious PSPGo changes makes the console smaller and lighter, rather than being a bulky inconvenience most said PSP1-3000s were.

Then there's rumours of a PSPhone which I have read many reports on being "fake" or "It's coming mid 2011!"...suffice to say Sony haven't given up 100% confirmation on anything in stone yet. But if you think about the design of most phones on the market today; there's an obvious abundance of touch-screens...and now, particularly the Nokia branded phones; featuring more 'width' with QWERTY causing their designs to flip horizontally and incorporate the UP-SLIDE feature (much like the PSP Go) perhaps this could be the future of the PSP2? Given the PSPGo already has the slide feature and is actually a VERY similar size to most smartphones available today, perhaps we might see the PSP2 mixed with a Sony Erricson "smartphone" in 2011?

The iPhone, 3G/S and 4 have absolutely dominated - and it has shown other companies like Sony that MOST consumers out there don't want a gaming device, phone and MP3 player (or iPod), but something like an iPhone which can still have quality gaming, high-tech phone/internet functionality as well as a music player (plus much more). So when the PSP2 comes out, I think we might see a marge of the PSPGo and a touch-screen smartphone. The only problem I see there, are extremely high costs involved, which will detract most of its intended (younger) market, or so you would think. If however it's just a "bigger improvement" to the standard PSPGo gaming device, I don't see how SONY would be capitalising on the current handheld device market, unless they incorporated some form of telephony functionality to it. Technology-wise, all 'under the hood' specs of smartphones has changed rapidly over the last couple of years, so in 1 years time when we expect this release, a phone/gaming/music and possible video/camera device that can control battery and heating in a more effective manner should no longer be a concern, given whats available today!

------------------------

Having said all that, here's some 'fan art' of what PSP2 may look like:

If it's like anything I am imagining, it would compete with all mobile phones and smartphones by Samsung/RIM/Nokia and also Apple, so i see it being a smart move. Here's what I think it will look similar to:

What do you think?

Cheers
    RoOSTA
    Last edited by roosta; 31-10-10 at 12:27 AM.

Look Here ->