Thread: 60GB PS3 startup issue...

Thanks

Default 60GB PS3 startup issue...

Hey guys,

I've just cleaned out and reapplied heatsink to a phat PS3 (60GB system with a successfully upgraded/restored HDD). Upon putting it back together, turning it on for a test, there was a pretty loud "spindle" like noise, I turned off the console, took it apart and checked the BRdrive, but no disc was inside..? I couldn't turn off by holding green light down, so was forced to use rear power switch.

Upon further inspection, i realised there was a chance the mobo was screwed in "too hard" causing too much pressure on the interror fan assembly, which as you probably know when that happens, the fan can make noise and not spin properly. When i originally noticed a loud noise on a second start-up, a game was able to read and launch, as the pressured-fan noise was becoming more prominant, the system froze (and dash menu looked as it if was 'loading'), but i could still navigate user-video-game-photos etc)...Again, could only turn off via the hard switch at back.

I had corrected that issue, put everything back together, tested it again, and this time no more noises! (There was never any BR drive issue either), I've checked the HDD had been inserted firmly and yet, when it starts up, everything appears normal, but all i can see is the background/theme of the PS3 as the menu/dash won't load up...the controller will sync, game can be inserted/ejected but nothing will load. Cannot power off by front green button, only the back switch...very strange. Any ideas?

Feel pretty stupid as the many PS3's i've cleaned and re-applied heatsink to had never done this to me before...

RoOSTA

Look Here ->
    Thanks

So initially with the fan noise it starts up fine, will launch a disc, then the XMB menu turns to "loading" phase, no icons show up, but i can nagivate left and right of the XMB menu...can't turn off from the FRONT of the console (only the back) and now the XMB menu won't load at all.

In standby doing a soft reset (holding power button down for like 10 secs) after a second beep, whether this is connected via HDMI or AV, no display. If i use the HD cable and startup normally, it only starts by pressing power (the remote cannot start the console), the theme loads up, but no menu, soft resetting not working, any ideas people?

RoOSTA

Thanks

I could have alook for ya roosta but im in perth
    If thats anygood to you

Thanks

Thanks for the offer mate, will keep in mind. LIke i said, first I've come across after working perfectly prior to a clean. I think there's 1 or more faulty parts in it, I've swapped the HDD and also the power board and am now able to get to the soft-reset restoration menu...

RoOSTA

Thanks

Yep, it was a parts issue (had no idea SOME parts blocked you from getting to the soft reset menu), so replaced that mini power buttons board and also - the file system may have been corrupted due to the supposed pressure on the internal fan causing me to turn off at the rear of the console, all good now

RoOSTA

Thanks

excellent