Thread: 'Seiki' brand Blu Ray player sold by 'Sam's Warehouse'

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default 'Seiki' brand Blu Ray player sold by 'Sam's Warehouse'

I bought this 'Seiki' branded player from 'Sam's Warehouse', formerly 'Clint's', 'Clint's Crazy Prices' also known as 'Silly Solly' and the 'Warehouse' and some 'Go Lo' stores today for $149.
    The book said it was Region locked for DVD's (area 4 only) but it aint as it played a Region 1 Abbot and Costello DVD without hesitation.
    So if your looking for a cheap player, I can assure you it will play out of region DVD's at least.
    Because of the brand name I havent yet looked on Video Help to see if this will play out of Region Blu Rays as is or if a code is available to unlock it.
    I dont have any Blu Ray's at all nor do I know at the moment anyone who might have one bought from O/seas to try out.
    I was curious if anyone has bought either this brand or under another name and can advise about the region locking.
    ..............AMENDMENT..................

I just checked VideoHelp and there is a Region Free hack for this 'Seiki BD660model for the DVD to be set to 'region free ('0') which isnt needed but the info says to play an out of Region Blu Ray disc, it has to be done each time when you want to play an out of region Blu Ray disc.
    Please note I have NOT tried to use the information about this at this time so the usual 'Try at your own Risk' applies but I havent had any problems with the info from Videohelp.

So it looks like a good buy for $149 along with a Sams 12 month refund/replacement warranty.

Update 5/11/10
    Found the menu as described by Videohelp and the DVD region was already set to '0' for all and the BD is currently set at '2' but that can be altered if I every buy a BD from another region.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 05-11-10 at 01:04 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Cool

i think the kogan blueray player is good value for the money ,thx hamguy2 nsw