Thread: xpose QV 8100

Thanks

Default xpose QV 8100

Hey guys,

looking at getting this system for my home

has anyone hada play with this system before or know what it's like?

dont want to outlay $750 and find it's useless where i could of spent a bit more and got something better.

cheers

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

They're cheaper on ebay.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

I'm a firm believer that with the cheaper systems, the warranty is the MOST valuable part. I think Jaycar give 2 yrs & it's pretty easy to get it back to them. Ebay - you might find you've blown your money after the first lightning storm.

Thanks

Cheers boys,

i couldn't find them on Ebay, but i'm looking at buying 2 systems so the price will drop with Jaycar.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

The point I was making is that they are no better than the ones on ebay from Hong Kong and for the price you spend at Jaycar you can buy three kits from ebay, now that a warranty plan

Thanks

cheers mate

Thanks

Bought one of these today and so far so good. Havent connected to the outside world yet although viewing over the LAN is good. Tried now looking for an app on my android for this but couldnt find it. From dozens of camera manufacters listed, xpose wasnt there.

I can't even find any technical data for xpose or a website for them. How on earth does Jaycar get involved with them?

Thanks

At work we have a jaycar system. Again like most jaycar gear it is a cheap Chinese system. No better than the cheap Chinese Ebay system I run at home with the exception that the Ebay system cost 1/4 the price and has much clearer an higher resolution cameras. Btw I am running dual CCD cameras at home and a PTZ (Samsung). All from China and all brilliant. I fried one camera and the Chinese immediately sent me another one free of charge. Even before shipping it back. They even prepaid the return postage. They have also been great on support in terms of advice on what cameras suit and how to configure (after I paid and installed).

Thanks

Good camera but I have one major MAJOR problem.

And this problem is entirely my fault.

My username is admin. Logging in as admin, it can do all the features of the more expensive series of cameras.I hadn't logged in for some time and went to look back at the footage, but I have forgotten my password. I cant view recorded footage backed up on the dvr record live.

I have tried dozens, possibly hundreds of passwords and all have failed although I do remember the other slave username and password.

If I can get in touch with the manufacturer of these problems I would be a happy man. No details in the paper guide to contact manufacturer.

Thanks

Unhappy My experiences with QV-8100

XPOSE QV8100 4ch H.264 DVR Surveillance KIT

The authors of Video Viewer thoughtfully added an option to set the date format to suit the user. The problem is that I cannot make that option work. All I can get is Month,Day,Year.

There is no doubt that Internet Explorer is easier to use with this system. Don't bother with the "Viewer". In I.E. I found that as long as the motion events remained in the same channel it continued to play the video events [almost] seemlessly and jumped any time gaps without a problem. The play stopped when another date/time motion event was encountered in a different channel. From this point on it was a little random, sometimes skipping motion events on other channels. When it did stop playing, it was necessary to go down the list (or up if you sorted your date/time field the opposite to me) and start playing the records that had been skipped.

During playback AT THE DVR, the windows for each chanell open and close as motion is detected, and they are automatically displayed in chronological order. Unfortunately, not so when viewing remotely.

The manuals have been a constant source of frustration. They seem to have been compiled by different people with different ideas in mind. They are an incomlete collection of data and facts in several different manuals (four so far), but very little in the way of step by step instructions. Although I have printed all four of them, I have found that they are only useful when viewed on a computer screen using a search tool to find appropriate words. Occassionally the index helps. The help files within the program are cryptic and incomplete.

If you create a user with a name that is not simply letters and numbers then you might be STUCK WITH IT. I wanted to use something really quick and easy whilst I was trying to understand the system, and so I used "+++" as a name and password. It was certainly quick and easy to create the account - BUT it doesn't work - AND I then spent hours trying to remove it. And no, it won't delete using the "VideoViewer" software or the Browser. Eventually I had to restore the configuration from a backup USB stick.

If you configure your surveillance system so that it sends "Trigger Alerts" by email, then you should be aware of the following.
    1) If you use the one email address to send your emails to your ISP and also to receive the trigger alerts, you may find the the emails fail to reach you. Some ISP's have a policy that often prevents you from "sending emails to yourself". To confuse the issue, it could appear to be intermittent. Your ISP will likely offer another email address for free - use this new one to send the emails from your DVR.

2) If you use Windows Live Mail then there is a critical setting that needs to be un-ticked as follows. In Windows Live Mail Go to TOOLS => SAFETY OPTIONS => SECURITY => and UNTICK the prompt "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus". Click Apply. Click OK. Other versions of WLM may also have this same switch. Other email programs may also have a similar setting.

3) You wont be able to view the Trigger Alert Videos from within the Local Area Network that houses the DVR. Inside the Motion_xxxxxxxxx.htm file is the www IP address of your video machine as seen from somewhere else on the internet. The www IP address won't access your DVR from inside your local network. You must either edit the .htm file to change the two occurrences of IP address, or go outside your network so the www IP address will find your DVR. This applies in my case because I set up my router to port forward incoming packets to 192.168.1.10 (an expert might reword or rephrase this).

Use Internet Explorer to go directly to your DVR's IP address. If you are not using the default port 80, then you must add the port number to the IP address as in this example ... (from the www)
    From inside your local area network it is likely to be similar to

If a firmware upgrade is installed, all usernames/passwords will fail except "admin" "admin". Delete and re-enter them to get them working again.

If your Email program or Internet Browser "stops" every time you try to view trigger alert videos, don't reduce your security settings to try to overcome it. The work around I used is as follows:-
    1) save the Motion_xxxxxxxxx.htm file from my email to a known folder on my hard disk and close my email program.
    2) use windows explorer to locate the folder containing the Motion_xxxxxxxxx.htm file and right click the file name to display it's properties
    3) in the properties dialogue window, click "Unblock" and "apply" and "OK"
    4) double click the Motion_xxxxxxxxx.htm file to cause Internet Explorer to run it
    5) enter the username/password (as used to access the DVR) so that the .avc file can copied from the DVR to a local folder and displayed on screen.

This is far better than drastically reducing the security options in Internet Explorer (and I'm not convinced that I.E. is the cause).

Getting EagleEyes to work for me has been a marathon effort. Finally, I got some help from my Taiwan contact who spoke English and things started to happen. The first hurdle was getting EagleEyes installed on my Blackberry Bold 9000. After following numerous links that failed, I was finally given these two links:-
    1) (using the browser in the phone) for the EagleEyes program:-
    2) for the installation guide:- (using a desktop PC) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6zSETxb2jQ]YouTube - eagleEyes-Avtech-Bkackberry9000 EagleEyes Installation guide[/ame].

It was only after several days of further frustration that I discovered the "APN" settings. In my Blackberry I went to Options =>Advanced Options => TCP/IP. Firstly enable APN, then at the "APN:" prompt enter the pin code. Mine turned out to be "telstra.internet" (without the quotes) but check with your phone company - it varies. Next enter a username and password that will get you into your DVR. Mine works! Mind you I tried for several days with just "internet", then finally, somewhere on the internet I found that it should be "telstra.internet".

There is virtually NO SUPPORT for this product. Although, I have finally found a contact in Taiwan with reasonably good English.

If you need help, ask me. No guarantees - I might not even reply! allan(dot)jeal(at)live(dot)com

Thanks

Great write-up Allan. This is the first and only meaningful forum post I have seen about this product!! Thank you.

Would love to find out how you managed to connect your to the internet in a manner that enables remote access?

I bought this product nearly 12 months ago. Worked great on my local network, but could just never access it remotely, whether it by via the phone application or via another computer (e.g. at my office). I think I lost a few hairs trying to work it all out and eventually had to give up. I pulled it out of the box again today ready to give it another shot.

My set-up is a follows:

I simply have the DVR connected to my NetComm modem router (connects to one of the 4 LAN ports). My PC connects to one of the other LAN ports.

I can use the internal IP address to view the DVR content through ie and it works great.

There must be a trick I am missing though that then enables me to connect remotely. I have found my 'external' IP address but connecting to this doesn't work. If you have any tips, or perhaps can advise me of the Taiwan contact, that would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks
    Rico

Thanks

You'll need to configure port forwarding in your router with the relevent settings, otherwise the inbound request will be dumped and ignored by the router as it has no where to send it.