Thread: Where is 3D tv in your loungeroom?

Premium Member

Thanks

Default Where is 3D tv in your loungeroom?

After just coming back from Seaworld where I saw the "4D" theatre it got me thinking.

Does anyone remember in the 80's when, I think channel 9 broadcast a 3D special on TV? All the kids made the glasses to wear at school and it was a big novelty.

THat was the first and last time I recall ever seeing it and I wondered why they don't do more events like, especially with the big screens most people have these days.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The "3D" movie from the Nightmare on Elm Street collection (Freddy's Dead I think) has the choice between having it 3D or not having it 3D. Of course if you are watching it as 3D you need the Blue and Red glasses.

Also if you watch the docos in the collection they tell you why its not done anymore (because its a bitch to film as well as being expensive).

Thanks

go and see beowulf in 3d if you get a chance, looked pretty amazing on the big screen and would be even better at Imax i'd say.

Thanks

Around that time didn't they show an episode of the 3 stooges in 3D.I remember watching it with 3D glasses and it was awesome.

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jobbidiar View Post
    go and see beowulf in 3d if you get a chance, looked pretty amazing on the big screen and would be even better at Imax i'd say.
    Just downloaded it and had a quick look. Not sure if it's the 3D version or just a bad Divx rip. Looks blurry though.......lol. Gotta get that acetate sorted now!

Quote Originally Posted by softel View Post
    Around that time didn't they show an episode of the 3 stooges in 3D.I remember watching it with 3D glasses and it was awesome.
    Awww that was it, the 3 stooges. Sounds dodgy now but at the time is was a real highlight. Surely if the tv stations could afford to pay for it back then, they should be able to now.

I reckon even today it would be a big hit.