Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Austar Setup

Thanks

Default Austar Setup

Hi,
    My dad has finally got himself austar. He's got an account with them already as he pays for his workers austar. So his service is just listed as another service to his account (he should have said it was another room but i was not in the loop when this was happening it was all too late).

anyhow, I've setup the austar box and now i need to activate it. How do i find out hte account number? Also its going on about an activation number where can i find that? All i have is a box with the Austar box in it (as we already have a sat dish for Aroura).

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Arrow

if its all set up ready to go, first I would right down the numbers of the smartcard and box. (I thought that it would of came with a welcome letter that would of stated the account number), then ring Austar on 132432, they will be able to find the A/C no for you.
    Also with your setup if you have a single setup LNB so then you will be using a spliter from the sat to the two boxes, you will lose Aurora while the austar is on most chans as Aurora is Vertical.

• The Following User Says Thank You to aztek For This Useful Post:

deags (14-11-10)

Thanks

FYI
    current austar Channels on Vertical: 102, 126, 161, 723, 651, 182, 653, 635, 158, 160, 180, 134, 104, 648, 510, 520.
    I have not confirmed this info latley. you will need to put Austar on on of these Channels if watching Aurora, if your setup is using either loop through or spliter from LNB. most of these will be on Aurora anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Thumbs down Poor advice given to a Newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by aztek View Post
    if its all set up ready to go, first I would right down the numbers of the smartcard and box. (I thought that it would of came with a welcome letter that would of stated the account number), then ring Austar on 132432, they will be able to find the A/C no for you.
    Also with your setup if you have a single setup LNB so then you will be using a spliter from the sat to the two boxes, you will lose Aurora while the austar is on most chans as Aurora is Vertical.
    FYI
    current austar Channels on Vertical: 102, 126, 161, 723, 651, 182, 653, 635, 158, 160, 180, 134, 104, 648, 510, 520.
    I have not confirmed this info latley. you will need to put Austar on on of these Channels if watching Aurora, if your setup is using either loop through or spliter from LNB. most of these will be on Aurora anyway.
    Sir, you have proved in the past that you have very little idea what you are talking about.
    Changing his LNB to a Quad, solves all those H/V problems and allows both sets to be independent of each other while on C1/D3.
    A lot more searching and learning is needed before you can hold yourself out as a Qualified Installer.
    Regard, " The Druid ".

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beer4life View Post
    Sir, you have proved in the past that you have very little idea what you are talking about.
    Changing his LNB to a Quad, solves all those H/V problems and allows both sets to be independent of each other while on C1/D3.
    A lot more searching and learning is needed before you can hold yourself out as a Qualified Installer.
    Regard, " The Druid ".

B4Life, I can't see the problem with what aztek posted. He described to the OP how to activate his Austar service and use his existing equipment for both services. My only comment would be to add that if his Aurora box has an LNB out socket, it could be used instead of a splitter. He would then have to have the Austar box either on a vertical channel or turned off to watch Aurora's vertical services.

Changing the LNB to a quad output is a fairly involved process requiring the purchase of a large amount of coax, connectors, crimping tool and of course the LNB itself. Hardly an option for someone who just wants to watch a bit of Austar.

I'm not aware of aztek's other posts, but I think in this instance you have been pedantic, confrontational and quite rude where it was not warranted.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Onefella For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (14-11-10),nando (15-11-10)

Thanks

Thanks for the helpful replies.

So i called them to try get it activated. Apparently the signal is not good enough. However, the aroura box shows a picture fine. the signal the austar is getting a 22. So i ask. Do i need a new LNB or something for this austar digital service? Because the dish from observation only looks pretty spot on according to the degrees shown. I assume a new LNB will be needed for the new aroura digital server anyway?

On the phone they said 58deg Elevation, 12deg Azimuth (magn.) and 26 degrees lnb screw.

Dish pointer says
    Elevation: 54.9°
    Azimuth (true): 20.5°
    Azimuth (magn.): 11.2°
    LNB Skew [?]: 18.0°

The aroura box shows 4 5ths when i select satellite scan or whatever.

If it is the case of just a new LNB could someone recommend some online shopping (as this is the sticks and it's quicker to order online than drive and pick something up).

The dish we use is a large one over 1m. So I'd say the install is from the late 90s.

My father said he installed the aroura service himself on our first farm. And used a similar dish to what is here now.

Regards.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Just out of curiosity what is the LNB freq? Is it an old 11300 or a newer 10700? To get all the Austar freq you need a newer 10700 lnb. What I would do is hook up the Austar box and see if you can get the signal a little higher. It's a case of peaking the dish and the LNB skew. With the signal level screen up you can push the upper, lower, left and then right edges of the dish and watch for the signal to go up and adjust the dish accordingly. Then skew your LNB by rotating either clockwise or anti clockwise in small increments and watch for the signal level to go up.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

deags (14-11-10)

Thanks

thanks for the support:
    Quote Originally Posted by Onefella View Post
    B4Life, I can't see the problem with what aztek posted. He described to the OP how to activate his Austar service and use his existing equipment for both services.
    I answered the question asked and gave a little extra info.

I dont know what your problem with me is. I expected you to have ago at me from not bringing up a point on what type of LNB was installed (ie Frequency).
    It would be possible to answer some questions with 30 page answers listing all asumed setup details and many different setup Possibilities, but sometimes a simple answer to a simple question will do. If thay require more info or clarity, im sure thay will ask for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onefella View Post
    I'm not aware of aztek's other posts, but I think in this instance you have been pedantic, confrontational and quite rude where it was not warranted.

Thanks

I'd say the LNB is the wrong frequency. Will changing it to a different one effect the aurora service (i mean the current box)?

I'll see what the aurora service signal is when it is no raining (drizzle at this time).

However, we might be able to get a better lnb from the other house as it has a few sats around that do not do anything.

However, i might order a lnb a d get it posted here so i can setup before i go. else i'll get the aroura signal 100% before i go so it can be painless for dad.

would it be worth it getting a new box that will be compat with the new vast service and put both cards into the one box so i don't need to worry about turning one off while the other is on.
    Last edited by deags; 14-11-10 at 01:30 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

As Leroy said, turn the LNB. The skew will be optimised for Aurora and not Austar.
    Last edited by admin; 14-11-10 at 03:02 PM. Reason: typo, added NOT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    As Leroy said, turn the LNB. The skew will be optimised for Aurora and Austar.
    will do. it's raining at present.

Thanks

Stick with the gear you have for the minute. Vast is a whole new ball game. What is the LNB setting on the Austar box? It's prob 10700 so change it to 11300.

...........Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

okay i changed frequencies and the signal is now 72. still raining a little. With 72 should i try activate again?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deags View Post
    okay i changed frequencies and the signal is now 72. still raining a little. With 72 should i try activate again?
    Sounds good, take2

Leroy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,078 Times in 6,766 Posts

The VAST decoder only does VAST... you cannot use it for anything else.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    The VAST decoder only does VAST... you cannot use it for anything else.
    Yet

Leroy

Thanks

okay i spoke to austar who are posting out a new lnb. I will in the meantime need to adjust my satellite until it can lock on in the 11300 range which is "searching" on the austar box. I assume i just turn it as suggested here. Does tihs make sense? With the LNB they post out ruin aurora?

Regards,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deags View Post
    okay i spoke to austar who are posting out a new lnb. I will in the meantime need to adjust my satellite until it can lock on in the 11300 range which is "searching" on the austar box. I assume i just turn it as suggested here. Does tihs make sense? With the LNB they post out ruin aurora?

Regards,
    In the Austar receiver you'll need to get into the setup menu and adjust the lnb settings to 11300.

On your aurora receiver, when the 10700 lnb arrives you'll need to do the oposite and change the 11300 to 10700.

Leroy

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

deags (14-11-10)

Thanks

yeah i worked out howto do it on the austar box. The rain has just picked up and signal fell. so i can't do much at this point until it stops raining. When it does i'll adjust it if it doesn't get locked on itself.

That austar support number is so bad. It takes about 4 to 10 minutes to get past the computer. Which keeps rejecting what i Say or keeps asking about issues i don't have.

Surprisingly the internet via IPSTAR doesn't go too badly during rain. IPSTAR has the capability to allocate more power to areas with bad weather or something.

Thanks

For Austar support just keep repeating that you want to speak to a real person. When you get to the Indian help centre tell them that you told to speak to somebody at the second level assistance and you will get to speak to somebody in Australia.
    With a 1m dish you should get a very good signal very easily. 72 is what I get with Mystar.
    Geoff

• Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast