Thread: has anyone read this yet?

Thanks

Default has anyone read this yet?

i was searching the forums and came across this thread is it fact or fiction?

CCcam rumours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumor: CCCam has a backdoor designed by the developer.

The backdoor allows the reading of the card data (serial number).

Access to the back door is possible even without user / pass. Just the IP or dyndns address is needed.

From the backdoor, access to the peer data is also available.

Rumors say that the CCCam developer has written an easy Windows software that allows to gather from the backdoor the card serials and dyndns of the peers and sell this data to NDS, Irdeto, etc…
    put this together with my own personal feelings that dyndns has either been hacked or struck a deal with NDS to pass on the addresses of people cardsharing and we may have an answer.After all ive yet to find anyone who was not using dyndns who has had their card turned off.

This could explain how N#S has found the cards being shared on the networks and shut down the account of the client.

Solution? Switch to OScam. It's openware and its development can be seen by all.

ps i always said i never trusted CCcam 2.1.4 right from the day it was released. Whats the saying again buyer beware??lol

heres somemore on subject!!

The thread title says it all to be honest that these are rumours.

I also think all users of emus such as CCcam which none of us pay for have no grounds to complain.

We all know that c/s is not legal but we take a calculated risk and do it anyway.

Do we really think that someone will make an emu for us to use and expect it to be 100% water tight and secure ? I don't think that's realistic these days, Microsoft are constantly fighting attacks and fixing loop holes in there security but we all just download the fix and accept it.

Personally I think the whole c/s thing has gotten out of control and I for one hate the fact that CCcam can be run on a powerful server, why ? when it is a hobby.

If I could get people to look at something like hypercam which is designed to only run on a STB platform then I think we could all feel more secure in what we do but getting people to change is almost impossible.

I have been burnt in this game and I doubt I will be the last so I suggest you all look very closely at what you do and who you do it with.
    Last edited by cro69; 16-11-10 at 11:03 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cro69 For This Useful Post:

Woodie (17-11-10)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cro69 View Post
    i was searching the forums and came across this thread is it fact or fiction?

CCcam rumours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumor: CCCam has a backdoor designed by the developer.

The backdoor allows the reading of the card data (serial number).

Access to the back door is possible even without user / pass. Just the IP or dyndns address is needed.

From the backdoor, access to the peer data is also available.

Rumors say that the CCCam developer has written an easy Windows software that allows to gather from the backdoor the card serials and dyndns of the peers and sell this data to NDS, Irdeto, etc…
    put this together with my own personal feelings that dyndns has either been hacked or struck a deal with NDS to pass on the addresses of people cardsharing and we may have an answer.After all ive yet to find anyone who was not using dyndns who has had their card turned off.

This could explain how N#S has found the cards being shared on the networks and shut down the account of the client.

Solution? Switch to OScam. It's openware and its development can be seen by all.

ps i always said i never trusted CCcam 2.1.4 right from the day it was released. Whats the saying again buyer beware??lol

heres somemore on subject!!

The thread title says it all to be honest that these are rumours.

I also think all users of emus such as CCcam which none of us pay for have no grounds to complain.

We all know that c/s is not legal but we take a calculated risk and do it anyway.

Do we really think that someone will make an emu for us to use and expect it to be 100% water tight and secure ? I don't think that's realistic these days, Microsoft are constantly fighting attacks and fixing loop holes in there security but we all just download the fix and accept it.

Personally I think the whole c/s thing has gotten out of control and I for one hate the fact that CCcam can be run on a powerful server, why ? when it is a hobby.

If I could get people to look at something like hypercam which is designed to only run on a STB platform then I think we could all feel more secure in what we do but getting people to change is almost impossible.

I have been burnt in this game and I doubt I will be the last so I suggest you all look very closely at what you do and who you do it with.
    who says there not all doing this no matter what emu, cam unless you are a programmer who can see whats going on??????????????????? within the software U use on the boxes we have, report home

Thanks

funny thing is, i can 100% confirm, they know who we all are on austech, when you get confronted by a photo of youre self etc, nothing suprises you anymore!
    ive only been suspended once...but never banned...yet, but i am working on it...OMG after all these years...i am a paytv forum troll....erk
    ok i have, a phillips screwdriver, a sidchrome socket set, life time supply of condoms, lotsa old programers, an old nokia, season interface...even a pace 400....does this make me look better than DJmatt? oh i was also a "auspink" beta tester!...but apart from that i look great in suspenders

• The Following User Says Thank You to Zbee For This Useful Post:

best4less (18-11-10)

Thanks

@cro69 you have nothing to worry about if you keep it on the LAN so unless you are running a commercial server and going via the WAN who gives a shit.
    Last edited by Vic; 17-11-10 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zbee View Post
    funny thing is, i can 100% confirm, they know who we all are on austech, when you get confronted by a photo of youre self etc, nothing suprises you anymore!
    Well well look whos back

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cro69 View Post
    Cards are being turned off? Must've missed that thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zbee View Post
    *reaches for his tinfoil hat

lol...

Thanks

i was wondering how long it would take before you guys got interested in what i posted???lol scary reading isnt it???lol

Thanks

This is just CCcam server right? Running CCcam as a client to oscam is safe?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

Who do you know that runs a dreambox DIRECTLY connected to a modem and on the web, with the modems firewall turned off, or set as DMZ?

In reality, anyone using one also has a PC on the network.
    Unless ports are forwarded, nothing is going to happen.

Even if your logging onto a server, that's an outgoing service.
    The request comes though as a reply as it was an initiated request.
    Anything that was incoming that was not requested would be blocked as a matter of course.
    Best to also change the config from the default port and choose your own at random
    Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fernbay For This Useful Post:

best4less (19-11-10),thatslife (19-11-10)

Thanks

unless of course they use the server incoming connection port?
    where is my tinfoil hat?

Thanks

my techno isnt that great but they wouldnt be talking about it in such great numbers if it wasnt happening!!!im sort of thinking it could be some big scare campaign by the oscam guys but who knows for sure!!!

Thanks

you like your self (media type hype) making a big noise about it with nothing more but speculation and no proof. Probably best to get more info instead of the guess work?
    where is my tinfoil hat?

• The Following User Says Thank You to theriddler_1 For This Useful Post:

cobra679 (19-11-10)

Thanks

Use your favourite bablefish / translator and read this link - and make up your own mind.
    The usual youtube video is here on this link [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL2YLSWkFJE&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Backdoor SicherheitslĂĽcke im CCCcam - Das Beweisvideo!?[/ame]
    Last edited by jonc; 19-11-10 at 04:29 PM.
    It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/

• The Following User Says Thank You to jonc For This Useful Post:

weirdo (19-11-10)

Thanks

Hmmmm going by that jonk the plot thickens

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

but if you leave your system wide open and not firewalled as stated above you are asking for trouble, with any computer connected to your network. A dreambox is just another computer that you just happen to watch sat tv on.

the best solution is to block all incoming requests and then manually allow what YOU desire to come into you home network. YOU be in control!

Even better, if you do happen to CS over the internet, allow only those IP from your CS clients to enter with the choosen cs port.

and for those wishing for the ultimate internet protection, you can research it here.

__________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following User Says Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

Fernbay (19-11-10)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

Or you can create modem firewall rules that only allow access by specific IP's or MAC addy's if your really paranoid
    Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ

Thanks

i keep tabs on my feeds through oscam webif,i dont have cccam server so im not stressed about this just letting the guys that do know whats been happening,im thinking the guys who are reshareing their feeds should be more concerned about this rumour!!!

Thanks

Tonight only - woolies special, aluminium foil rolls 2x 50 metres - $1.95

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hannible For This Useful Post:

jonc (19-11-10),sat_info (19-11-10)