Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Michael Munday - Former Yadnum Computers information needed

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

My Son is in the process of selling a Car and it may happen today but yesterday because Buyer and Seller are about 2 hours apart, buyer wanted to meet 'Half way', not unacceptable BUT cases have happened where the Buyer, accompanied by a number of 'Friends' has taken the vehicle and this meet was at night too, not a good idea.
    Then the Buyer said he didnt have the full amount of $5300 and offered $4000 and 'remit the rest' next day.............NOOOO !!!
    On behalf of another several years ago, my Son paid $700 by Western Union to a seller for a vehicle and it turned out to be a scam.
    Theres nothing wrong with Western Union as they are a reputable company but because it is a direct CASH transfer with no paper trail, once its collected, its GONE.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 01-12-15 at 11:30 AM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (21-01-21)

Thanks

Default This email address?

10/2015 - I have become aware of recent scams that use the email address micmunday@outlook.com
    - I can not confirm if this is Michael or someone else pretending to be him.

Most of them wish to purchase something off GumTree and similar sites, they state they are working offshore on an oil rig.
    They claim to send you more money than you ask for - but they don't - and ask you to pay a courier who will arrange it all.

I've been contacted directly by a few people now on this.

from my website:
    Michael Adam Munday Scam Alert - ontas.net/munday

• The Following User Says Thank You to edgeman For This Useful Post:

eaglem (21-01-21)

Thanks

Default Munday email addresses

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman View Post
    10/2015 - I have become aware of recent scams that use the email address micmunday@outlook.com

Most of them wish to purchase something off GumTree and similar sites, they state they are working offshore on an oil rig.
    They claim to send you more money than you ask for - but they don't - and ask you to pay a courier who will arrange it all.

from my website:
    Spot on. That's the exact address he used to email me. I will inform the administrator of the site I used for my ad. Thanks for the quick response.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DavoB For This Useful Post:

eaglem (21-01-21)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman View Post

from my website:
    This is very similar to the Scam that bit my Son and his friend and on checking with Western Union, they found the recipient was in the UK which was the last place they expected it to be sent to and it was collected within minutes of it arriving.

The other occupation stated can be someone in the services (Army/Navy) on Transfer and they cant take the vehicle there to the new posting.
    The vehicle is usually somewhere sort of remote to make it more difficult to check on and the ads are placed in the Eastern States to distance it even further from a prospective buyer being able to check it out.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Guess who's Twitter account has recently become active again and is now calling himself Dr?
    And we were all supposed to believe the basturd had topped himself.
    Apparently he can afford to visit LA.

@michaelmunday
    Michael Adam Munday Scam Alert - ontas.net/munday

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

dont know if its the same turd , but a micheal munday has just come up on my facebook feed. i didnt friend him of course

Thanks

Default Got scammed by Munday too

I too got scammed by Munday a few years back (lost $520).

I have a website up about him, he managed to convince Google to unindexed it, but I'm working on getting it back into Google now.

He went to a lot of effort a few years ago trying to remove the chronicles of his scamming off the web. He was quite successful in some cases.

He threatened me with legal action, I checked my website with a lawyer for problems (e.g. deformation), it was all good, so it stayed up.

He was in and out of court 37 times from 2019-2019 for violating a restraining order against his ex (this is the he posted on his website about it).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Whoever runs that ‘Michael Munday Fraud’ website has some serious issues. 13 years on from what police investigations confirmed was a civil issue between the parties, and the author is still tracking the bloke he reckons ‘scammed’ him $500. That is a serious long term stalker!

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

The person who runs the site posted above you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    Whoever runs that ‘Michael Munday Fraud’ website has some serious issues. 13 years on from what police investigations confirmed was a civil issue between the parties, and the author is still tracking the bloke he reckons ‘scammed’ him $500. That is a serious long term stalker!
    Just because the police decide it's a civil case does not mean that one of the parties wasn't scammed, it may mean that the police do not have sufficient evidence to lay a fraud charge.

I know I was scammed $550 by a bloke from Perth some 23 years ago, along with many others, WA consumer affairs were going to sue him, but I never heard another word on the matter. His Brother or cousin worked the same scam in the UK. (PC4info)

If the authorities don't follow through properly, the individual has no chance as it would cost thousands in lawyers fees to pursue the matter, with the big unknown on whether you win or not, or if you do and the bloke is broke, you don't get your $500 or whatever back.

If our poster above is intent on hounding this bloke, good on him, probably won't get his money back, but it might make life difficult for the scammer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    Just because the police decide it's a civil case does not mean that one of the parties wasn't scammed, it may mean that the police do not have sufficient evidence to lay a fraud charge.
    100% agree, in a general sense...

However if you read that site and the details of the police investigation it’s clear that Munday bloke provided sufficient evidence for the police to decide that no criminal fraud occurred that they could prosecute.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

100% agree, in a general sense...

However if you read that site and the details of the police investigation it’s clear that Munday bloke provided sufficient evidence for the police to decide that no criminal fraud occurred that they could prosecute.
    Dunno how they came to that conclusion...

He ripped off a TON of people...as Yadnum Computers.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Dunno how they came to that conclusion...

He ripped off a TON of people...as Yadnum Computers.
    Certainly seems he’s aggrieved a tonne of people, however in the case of the author of that site it doesn’t seem to be the case. After 13 years of being told by police and tribunals that you don’t have a case you’d think you’d let the matter go, not stalk a bloke online and post updates on a website.

• The Following User Says Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

enf (20-01-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Certainly seems he’s aggrieved a tonne of people, however in the case of the author of that site it doesn’t seem to be the case. After 13 years of being told by police and tribunals that you don’t have a case you’d think you’d let the matter go, not stalk a bloke online and post updates on a website.
    Perhaps, but there are gazillions of times when the law is an ass as they say. If it's not illegal to go after the the guy, the if they want to, why not?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (21-01-21)

• Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314