Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gliderol GTS 2000 garage door stops with 2 beeps

Thanks

Default Gliderol GTS 2000 garage door stops with 2 beeps

Our Gliderol GTS 2000 garage door system is about 2 years old.

4 months ago, one day my wife opened the garage door and it stopped half way up and gave 2 beeps. We couldn't get it to open or close using remotes, tried the start button on the unit itself, replaced batteries in remotes etc, it just kept giving 2 beeps and would not move. Dis-engaged the door, still nothing.

I tried resetting the door travel limits, tried deleting and adding remotes, power cycle, etc etc. Nothing would make the door move. A $99 service call later and my wife tells me the service person said it had lost it's limits and he reset them. Why did it lose them? How on earth did he reset them? Every time I tried the door failed to move.

Fast forward to today, same thing, door stuck half way open and 2 beeps. Cannot get the thing to move so I can't reset the limits. Trying to save $99 every few months if I can.

Anyone know of a way to reset the controller board?

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Rubber or chain drive?. You can ring them and they will tell you how to reset. Think i still have the instructions if no success pm me andi will look over the weekend or give you the sales managers mobile number, that will piss him off LOL
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Thanks

Chain drive.

I can get into the programming for resetting the limits, it's just when I press & hold button S2 to get the door to the top position all I hear is relays clicking and no door movement.

I would appreciate you finding out how to reset it if you can.

Thanks

just a thought , but some units wont allow programming changes unless the door is fully open or fully closed.

maybe it wont let u program cos it thinks its not open/closed fully ?

Premium Member

Thanks

Fully open!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tradesman View Post
    just a thought , but some units wont allow programming changes unless the door is fully open or fully closed.

maybe it wont let u program cos it thinks its not open/closed fully ?
    Maybe, any ideas on how to get it to the fully closed or fully open position?

Premium Member

Thanks

OK Zodie, apologise, the instructions i have are for the Chamberlain model. I replaced the Glider due to the parts costing me more than the replacement motor from Bunnings for $350 (with staff discount) BUT can i suggest removing the chain and trying to to get the motor to the fully up position thus ensuring that nothing is jamming the chain.(make sure you tie the chain to the bar to stop it from going every where ) They are a prize prick to alter the stopper settings manually. I spent $150 in parts and still never got it to work properly
    If any help i am willing to write the programming info for you and you at least can give it ago or pm me with a fax number and i will send it to you!

Premium Member

Thanks

Sorry i can't be much more help than this.

But the link below is for any other viewers who would like to have a look at the manual for setting the limits.
    PDF 2.0MB.

Some viewers are pretty cluey, so having a photo here and there and the 'official' instructions might shed some light - in case you are pressing the wrong buttons or being mislead with the S's.

Setting Door Travel Limits - i'm assuming you have option 2 - GTS 2000 Tilt and Sectional Automatic Operator NEW (from year 2000 onwards)

There's a few comments about 2 beeps in those instructions. Maybe the door thinks its top position is set allready.

Might be possible the control board is faulty and going into 'limit mode'.
    Just chucking some 'basic' ideas out there....

Thanks

I've spoken to Gliderol Brisbane and also another gliderol distributor in Brisbane, they have both referred to 'losing its limits' as though it is a fault they are familiar with.

Unfortunately Gliderol Brisbane is saying that while the motor has a 3 year warranty, the control board only has a 12 month warranty and they may need to replace it at my cost.

I have the service person coming out tomorrow so I will see what he says before I start to question the statutory warranty issue.

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zodie View Post
    They have both referred to 'losing its limits' as though it is a fault they are familiar with.

Unfortunately Gliderol Brisbane is saying that while the motor has a 3 year warranty, the control board only has a 12 month warranty and they may need to replace it at my cost.

I will see what he says before I start to question the statutory warranty issue.
    Bummer!

This is the problem today, This is a USA brand and made probably (via China). An Australian company takes a 'Dealership' option and your f&^%ed if anything goes wrong outside warranty...

The Australian Dealership will get no financial support from the parent company.

Now you find out the warranty terms: 3yr motor and 12mth board. Bet they never told you that when you bought it?

If you can hold a soldering iron, you might just have some dry joints or a fauly capacitor or such.

If the fault 'is known' to them: In a worst case scenario, it's an IC (Computer Chip), nothing you can do there. Pay up!

Shame you can't get them to tell you what the actual component on the board that fails. You can bet your bottom dollar that the head tech guy knows!!!

But if it's a small thing, like a resistor, Diode, Capacitor, dry joint etc then it's something you might be able to do yourself. Heck, maybe the kid down the road can use a soldering iron. Might cost $1 to repair.

If you can, get the control board down and take a nice hi res picture of it [both sides] Sure it will be large, but that will allow 'us' to zoom in, keeping the detail).

Post this pic and let 'us' the experts have a look at it.

What's your location? Maybe a member of this Electronics is close to you...

Thanks

Well, Gliderol service tech attended and he couldn't get the door to move either. Tested another motherboard with my motor, nothing. Tested another motor with my motherboard, nothing.

He ended up swapping the entire powerhead (everything inside the pretty grey casing) and now everything is sweet. It is a version2 so hopefully no more losing limits.

Thanks

so was it claimable under warranty or did you have to cough up?

Thanks

It was done under warranty. Pity it wasn't fixed properly the first time it broke down.

Thanks

depends on how good a service tech you get.

Thanks

Default Fixed my one!

Mine has worked for years all good, then, got two beeps and no motor movement at all (maybe 3 beeps)

After a while I gave up and swapped the whole thing for a spare motor and track that I had around. (not important why)

What was important was the same error on the new unit 7 days later.

Overcame it by sending 12 volts DC into the motor and moving it to half way, the unit then decided it was willing to re-set limits.

the problem must me in my door, everything else was swapped - where the lever joins to the door there is a single bolt - it had worn a lot allowing a lot of free play.

I believe the door started to move, the free-play gives, and the logic senses a jam, then gets in a knot as it has happened right at the start.

So - fix the free play in the door, move the door up manually by inserting 12V into the motor connection and hopefully all sorted!

Thanks

Hi Everybody

I also have a Gliderol GTS 2000 sectional panel garage door.

Does anyone know of the light globe voltage and wattage for the courtsey light that sits in the controller?

Deepak

Thanks

Default How much did it cost you for them to repair it please?

[QUOTE=Zodie;356430]Well, Gliderol service tech attended and he couldn't get the door to move either. Tested another motherboard with my motor, nothing. Tested another motor with my motherboard, nothing.

He ended up swapping the entire powerhead (everything inside the pretty grey casing) and now everything is sweet. It is a version2 so hopefully no more losing limits.[/QUOTE

How much did it cost you? Can you tell us please? We got the same problem. Thanks

Thanks

Default light globe voltage and wattage for the courtsey light, Gliderol GTS 2000

Quote Originally Posted by agarwaldvk View Post
    Hi Everybody

I also have a Gliderol GTS 2000 sectional panel garage door.

Does anyone know of the light globe voltage and wattage for the courtsey light that sits in the controller?

Deepak

I have the same question today. Deepak did you find the answer? If you do not mind to let me know? I need to change it too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 533 Posts

[QUOTE=Jul1s;567058]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodie View Post
    Well, Gliderol service tech attended and he couldn't get the door to move either. Tested another motherboard with my motor, nothing. Tested another motor with my motherboard, nothing.

He ended up swapping the entire powerhead (everything inside the pretty grey casing) and now everything is sweet. It is a version2 so hopefully no more losing limits.[/QUOTE

How much did it cost you? Can you tell us please? We got the same problem. Thanks
    the answer is in post 13.

Thanks

do you realise that who you are asking the question to has not been on here for nearly four years, so I would not expect a quick reply back.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast