Thread: DS Micro SD Adapter Cards Parklea Markets

Thanks

Default DS Micro SD Adapter Cards Parklea Markets

Hi,

I have a NDS Lite for which I need a micro SD adapter. I know the question of 'which one is better/best' has been asked before but the threads on this topic are a bit outdated.

Anyway... What card would you recommend? And how much should it cost?

I went to Parklea Markets (A market center in Sydney which sells mostly junk) yesterday to see if anyone was selling them. I wasn't really sure what to expect, I didn't know if they were legal or not. I though that people might be selling them but would not have them out on display. Well I was wrong, I found three shops which sold them. One shop was even selling them with preloaded ROMS. The price varied between shops. They all seemed to only sell R4 cards, between $15 and $35. (there was one or two other types of cards whose names I forget)

How much should an R4 card cost? Are there different versions? Are there different manufactures of R4 cards? Is there anything you should watch for?

Look Here ->

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DefenceMinister View Post
    Hi,

I have a NDS Lite for which I need a micro SD adapter. I know the question of 'which one is better/best' has been asked before but the threads on this topic are a bit outdated.

Anyway... What card would you recommend? And how much should it cost?

I went to Parklea Markets (A market center in Sydney which sells mostly junk) yesterday to see if anyone was selling them. I wasn't really sure what to expect, I didn't know if they were legal or not. I though that people might be selling them but would not have them out on display. Well I was wrong, I found three shops which sold them. One shop was even selling them with preloaded ROMS. The price varied between shops. They all seemed to only sell R4 cards, between $15 and $35. (there was one or two other types of cards whose names I forget)

How much should an R4 card cost? Are there different versions? Are there different manufactures of R4 cards? Is there anything you should watch for?
    I bought a couple of cards from HK, R4i for $8 and a TTDS for $6.50 so i reckon anymore than $15 is a ripp off. I also bought a couple of R4's on sale for $2.60 which i should get next week so i'll soon find out how they work.
    There are R4/M3/TTDS/ Edge plus many more copies floating around.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loanrangiel View Post
    I bought a couple of cards from HK, R4i for $8 and a TTDS for $6.50 so i reckon anymore than $15 is a ripp off. I also bought a couple of R4's on sale for $2.60 which i should get next week so i'll soon find out how they work.
    There are R4/M3/TTDS/ Edge plus many more copies floating around.
    um... where can you find this Hk.... just want to chech it out

Thanks

Default Thanks

Thank you so much for sharing this information. It's a big help and I'm looking forward to try this stuff.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Did you guys look at the thread date?

It's almost 2 years old!

Oh, and HK = Hong Kong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Did you guys look at the thread date?

It's almost 2 years old!

Oh, and HK = Hong Kong.
    Thanks MTV and you can find this HK on the southern tip of China

Thanks

by the time you order from hk + shipment it will cost you around $30 any ways. and if some thing goes wrong then your out of pocket. Many horror stories.

and people at parklea markets selling them with games very foolish and nintendo arn't as forgiving as sony or microsoft.

my sister bought one from arabic guy selling them with games on there for $40.00 and over half didn't work.

I'm suprised they haven't been raided yet

Chieflets

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflets View Post
    by the time you order from hk + shipment it will cost you around $30 any ways. and if some thing goes wrong then your out of pocket. Many horror stories.

and people at parklea markets selling them with games very foolish and nintendo arn't as forgiving as sony or microsoft.

my sister bought one from arabic guy selling them with games on there for $40.00 and over half didn't work.

I'm suprised they haven't been raided yet

Chieflets
    Rubbish, i buy them from Hk all the time at around $4-$5 each max and never had one failure yet, i never buy the cheapest or the most expensive.