Thread: OpenBox S9 Hints and tips

Thanks

Default OpenBox S9 Hints and tips

* To get a hd signal on your tv you will need to connect via a HDMI cable, scart connection cannot display HD signals. If connecting by scart you will need to press the V-Format key repeatedly until you find a resolution that works best with your tv/video. Each press of the V-Format key on the remote
    changes the output resolution.

* Looking for the satellite list so you can jump to another satellite while watching TV? The “zoom” button on the remote control brings up the list.

* Pause and timeshift doesn’t work? Be sure you have a HDD plugged in then enable the feature with your remote like this: MENU > DVR CONFIGURATION > switch timeshift to ON.

* TV resolution looks low? Press the “V.FORMAT” button on the remote to change resolution. Your OpenBox S9 from OpenBoxS9.us ships in 480i mode for those who use it with old analog TV’s. If you are using it on an old TV, DO NOT CHANGE THE RESOLUTION FROM 480i
    Old news for many but may help the newer users;

* Improve your picture even more (HDTV’s only) MENU > TV SYSTEM > switch video out to YUV. OpenBoxS9.us ships the box set for RGB for older TV’s. You can also set video resolution on this screen. Set to match your native HDTV resolution.

* “Moving Dish” message getting annoying? If you selected a satellite to move to while watching TV you’ll notice the Moving Dish message stays up until it arrives. You can push the EXIT button and select another channel from your list. The OpenBox S9 will continue to move the motor to your selected satellite.

* The OpenBox won’t timeshift or record HD but does SD fine. This is disabled automatically if you have a very small flash drive or HDD.HD H264 recording takes about 200Mb per minute vs 20Mb a minute for SD. Upgrade to a bigger HDD for HD recording.
    It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jonc For This Useful Post:

2rox (22-11-10),best4less (27-08-11),jumpstart (22-11-10),tristen (27-12-10),viewer (21-11-10)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

a mini wiki is here to - feel free to add to it as you learn more ...

BTW - HD recording now working 100% , timeshifting working, 576i resolution is OK now
    It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonc For This Useful Post:

2rox (27-12-10),tristen (27-12-10)

Thanks

a quick review of the s9 with links to latest software

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Thanks

question for the guys who are using the openbox s9. Can i connect this to my Wifi network. If yes what are the hardware requirements.