Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Australia Map 860.3101?

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Roger9 View Post
    A dumb question guys, but can someone explain how the numbering system works for TT maps. I've got a GO 720 and I'm never sure which map is the latest. I'm using 855_2884 at the moment and was going to install 855_2937 until I saw this post. Which one do I use and what do the numbers 855 and 860 refer to?

cheers
    TomTom map numbering is in 2 parts . . the first part 855.xxxx or 860.xxxx etc is a reliable way of knowing which is the latest map. The higher the number the newer it is.

The second part of the numbering is a little more complicated. xxx.2884 or xxx.2937 as per the V855 maps is a good example. In this case the higher the number does not mean the map is newer. It just means the maps have different features. The features may be ALG (Advanced Lane Guidance) or CSpeech (Speech Recognition) etc.

If you are running a GO720 the v855.2884 map is the best one for your device in v855 . . or go for v860.3101 in the v860 maps. The v855.2937 map is a basic map without the extra features mentioned above and is suitable for a Windows Mobile PDA or Chinese PNA running WinCE etc. It will run on a dedicated TomTom . . You just don't get the extra features to work.

There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to how TomTom work out the second part of the map numbering. They change these numbers seemingly randomly every time they release a new map and it is hard to follow.

The best thing to do is have a look at the Map Matrix charts that are around. (See post 7 in this Thread) Although when a new set of maps come out it takes a few days for the guys that create the matrix to figure out what is what.

Hope this helps you to understand a bit more.

Regards Mike
    Last edited by xr6falcon; 24-11-10 at 01:39 AM.

Thanks

Default Huge Thankyou for Maps

Thx to 02xdaaus for spending the time to share these maps with the rest of us it really is appreciated! Regards

Thanks

Hi guys,

This forum is also another great source of maps if anyone is interested, obviously you need to register.

cheers
    Last edited by RedDragon; 23-11-10 at 03:57 PM.

Thanks

Thats great source of info! I tried uploading the v855 to my prehistoric tom tom but it didnt like it?? So ill try this new version, fingers crossed!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xr6falcon View Post
    TomTom map numbering is in 2 parts . . the first part 855.xxxx or 860.xxxx etc is a reliable way of knowing which is the latest map. The higher the number the newer it is.

The second part of the numbering is a little more complicated. xxx.2884 or xxx.2937 as per the V855 maps is a good example. In this case the higher the number does not mean the map is newer. It just means the maps have different features. The features may be ALG (Advanced Lane Guidance) or CSpeech (Speech Recognition) etc.

If you are running a GO720 the v855.2884 map is the best one for your device in v855 . .or go for v860.3101 in the v860 maps. The v855.2937 map is a basic map without the features suitable for a Windows Mobile PDA etc.

There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to how TomTom work out the second part of the map numbering. They change these numbers seemingly randomly every time they release a new map and it is hard to follow.

The best thing to do is have a look at the Map Matrix charts that are around. (See post 7 in this Thread) Although when a new set of maps come out it takes a few days for the guys that create the matrix to figure out what is what.

Hope this helps you to understand a bit more.

Regards Mike
    \

Thanks Mike for a very clear explanation. You would think that maybe one map could accomodate all TT models, with features working or not working according to the particular model.

Never mind, I am now a bit wiser and will use this new map.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon View Post
    Hi guys,

This forum is also another great source of maps if anyone is interested, obviously you need to register.

cheers
    ipmart is bassiccaly the main place for all things tomtom, most links posted here come from there
    ive only been suspended once...but never banned...yet, but i am working on it...OMG after all these years...i am a paytv forum troll....erk
    ok i have, a phillips screwdriver, a sidchrome socket set, life time supply of condoms, lotsa old programers, an old nokia, season interface...even a pace 400....does this make me look better than DJmatt? oh i was also a "auspink" beta tester!...but apart from that i look great in suspenders

Thanks

This might sound like a stupid question, but how do you update the maps? i have the GO 720. I have downloaded the zip file just dont know how to get it onto my device. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dama View Post
    This might sound like a stupid question, but how do you update the maps? i have the GO 720. I have downloaded the zip file just dont know how to get it onto my device. Thanks
    1) Look in your device using windows explorer and delete your old map folder
    2) Unzip the new map and copy paste it into your device. Make sure the folder is called Australia and the files are all contained in the folder, not a folder within a folder
    3) Download the latest ... unzip and copy the 2 files into the map folder
    4) Download
    5) Unzip Fast Activate (version 1.6 or 1.7) and copy paste it to the root of your device
    6) Run FastActivate.exe Click on all 4 options, one at a time in order - update meta, patch maps & speedcams, patch navcore, patch home
    7) Click on Thanks if this works. If not, let us know
    Last edited by lemonfish; 23-11-10 at 11:58 PM.
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 925.5412, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 925.5412, Bootloader: 5.5244

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post:

adamsc57 (19-01-11),bigal (09-12-10),logistics (21-12-10)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

I strongly recommend before making ANY changes, make a full backup using explorer (not TT Home).

That way if something goes wrong, you can restore your original maps/files.
    Last edited by mtv; 24-11-10 at 01:36 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Roger9 View Post

Thanks Mike for a very clear explanation. You would think that maybe one map could accomodate all TT models, with features working or not working according to the particular model.

Never mind, I am now a bit wiser and will use this new map.
    No probs .. Just to add something else .. And I edited my original post too .. Your TomTom would actually run any of the maps in question, either 855.2884or 855.2937. They are essentially the same set of map data supplied to TomTom by Sensis/Whereis. The only diff is 2884 is for the higher end TomToms that can manage to run the extra features and 2937 is for the lower end models and PDA's and Chinese PNA's running WinCE that can't.

Although the lower end TomToms can have their Software/Navcore updated so that they can run the more fully featured map as you would have found out by browsing these forums. TomTom just don't want you to know that .. They would rather sell you a new TomTom.

Hope you get the 860.3101 map to work.

• The Following User Says Thank You to xr6falcon For This Useful Post:

Roger9 (24-11-10)

Thanks

Thanks for that i'll give it a crack

Thanks

Should make this thread a sticky and remove the previous version 855 sticky .

Anybody getting updates after installing this map version? I just tried to update tomtom via home and it says no items avaialble, not even the quickfixgps files. Which are already two weeks old on my tomtom.
    Last edited by Greg; 24-11-10 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Should make this thread a sticky and remove the previous version 855 sticky .

Anybody getting updates after installing this map version? I just tried to update tomtom via home and it says no items avaialble, not even the quickfixgps files. Which are already two weeks old on my tomtom.
    Quickfix came through this morning, but mapshare updates can take a few weeks.

Cheers

Thanks

Hi guys,

Since im new, this may be a stupid question & im sorry but what do you mean by ''getting updates'' and updating tomtom via ''home''??

cheers

Thanks

Yes .. I got Quickfix and uploaded a heap of mapshare updates .. but didn't get any back. 02xdaaus is right it can take a week or 2 for TomTom to get it organised.

Thanks

Talking

Hi guys,

Since im new, this may be a stupid question & im sorry but what do you mean by ''getting updates'' and updating tomtom via ''home''??

cheers
    Hi RedDragon and welcome to this forum. - No question is stupid cos there are usually 10 other people wondering about the same thing .. You had the courage to ask it ...

Updates relates to Mapshare Updates .. All TomTom users can make corrections to their map and upload them to TomTom. You can then, if you wish, download those corrections onto your map. This is all done thru TomTom Home. No other sat nav can do this which is what keeps TomTom in front of the others.

Go to the TomTom website >http://www.TomTom.com< and read up on it, there is lots of interesting info about it there.

Regards Mike

• The Following User Says Thank You to xr6falcon For This Useful Post:

RedDragon (24-11-10)

Thanks

Hi guys,

cheers
    "home" is a TomTom application you can download from the TomTom website. You can get free updates, such as map corrections, several voices and other goodies. Some things you need to pay for, but the mapshare updates and some voices are free. Download it here:

TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 925.5412, Bootloader: 5.5244

• The Following User Says Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post:

RedDragon (24-11-10)

Thanks

damn... xr6falcon... you're too quick for me! Toyota Corolla here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xr6falcon View Post
    Hi RedDragon and welcome to this forum. - No question is stupid cos there are usually 10 other people wondering about the same thing .. You had the courage to ask it ...

Updates relates to Mapshare Updates .. All TomTom users can make corrections to their map and upload them to TomTom. You can then, if you wish, download those corrections onto your map. This is all done thru TomTom Home. No other sat nav can do this which is what keeps TomTom in front of the others.

Go to the TomTom website >http://www.TomTom.com< and read up on it, there is lots of interesting info about it there.

Regards Mike
    XR6Falcon - thank you very very much, I totally understand now. Iv been doing some reading..

Cheers once again!!

Go the blue oval!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lemonfish View Post
    "home" is a TomTom application you can download from the TomTom website. You can get free updates, such as map corrections, several voices and other goodies. Some things you need to pay for, but the mapshare updates and some voices are free. Download it here:

Thank you very much lemonfish.

Does this current map work on prehistoric tomtoms??

cheers again

• Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast