Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: setting up Satellite C and Ku band

Thanks

Thanks, I manage to get the arc. (I think)
    I can get asiasat 5, asiasat 3s, measat 3, but signal not good at telstar 18.
    NOW what is the best satellite to look for? I am looking for sport and cartoons

2. The Following User Says Thank You to weley For This Useful Post:

frachwal (07-12-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weley View Post
    Thanks, I manage to get the arc. (I think)
    I can get asiasat 5, asiasat 3s, measat 3, but signal not good at telstar 18.
    NOW what is the best satellite to look for? I am looking for sport and cartoons
    Palapa D has got one cartoon channel and also the signal strength on this satellite is very high.I will go through some of the satellites later and see what you want( busy today ).Good luck.The more satellites you get the easier it will become to fine tune your satellite dish because then as you are adjusting whichever one you want you will notice which other satellite loses or gains its signal.It is not easy but it is worth it. Do not forget that once you leave that house you will have to do it all over again in your new place.So i suggest get as many satellites as is possible now and use this link for all tp's for your satellites.

• The Following User Says Thank You to frachwal For This Useful Post:

weley (07-12-10)

Thanks

Default strong 4260x

weley , I just noticed that you have a strong 4260x receiver, use the blind scan feature once you are on a satellite. It is much easier than going through all the tp.s manually----still use the manual feature to locate the satellite. These are only some of the satellites you should get starting from east--intelsat 5---intelsat 8---telstar 18---apstar 6---vinasat 1---chinasat 6a---chinasat 6b---palapa D---asiasat 3s---asiasat 5---measat 3---insat 2e---thaicom 5---apstar2R. The further you go east or west, your dish has to be true to the arc ( not easy). Try to get everyone of these satellites,there is not much more after that.---Nss9---intelsat 701---GE-23 have got only a few christian channels, and these satellites are very hard to get.
    Last edited by frachwal; 07-12-10 at 09:29 AM. Reason: more info.

weley (07-12-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frachwal View Post
    weley , I just noticed that you have a strong 4260x receiver, use the blind scan feature once you are on a satellite. It is much easier than going through all the tp.s manually----still use the manual feature to locate the satellite. These are only some of the satellites you should get starting from east--intelsat 5---intelsat 8---telstar 18---apstar 6---vinasat 1---chinasat 6a---chinasat 6b---palapa D---asiasat 3s---asiasat 5---measat 3---insat 2e---thaicom 5---apstar2R. The further you go east or west, your dish has to be true to the arc ( not easy). Try to get everyone of these satellites,there is not much more after that.---Nss9---intelsat 701---GE-23 have got only a few christian channels, and these satellites are very hard to get.
    Thank you very much, it was great help.
    will keep coming here to ask for more, hope you guys are ok with that

• The Following User Says Thank You to weley For This Useful Post:

frachwal (07-12-10)

Thanks

Al Jazeera Sport Channel is on asiasat 5 ---- ( 3750 h 14324 ).It is shown as JSC Global.You cannot get Malaysia on a ku band dish in Australia,the footprint or area from the satellite for it to be used does not go near us. Good Luck.Also on Apstar 2R is Dubai Sports 3760 h 28066 .It shows some EPL. I do not know if you can get that satellite,your arc on the satellite has to be pretty good to get it.

weley (12-12-10)

Thanks

Default C band dish size for Adelaide

Hi there, I'm a newcomer to c-band.

I've been involved in the UK for over 25 years in Ku band as a profession and a hobby. (Fancy getting paid to go to work each day and take maximum advantage of your hobby!).

My daughter now lives in (northern) Adelaide, SA and as I am spending a fair bit of time here, I have brought a c-band LNB and receiver here to your great country.

My simple question is related to reception of BBC World on Intelsat 5 and 8. What size dish do you need for suitable reception in Adelaide. The lnb that I have brought with me is 13K?

I obviously need to obtain a suitable size dish. She has a small garden but with clear views to Intel 5 and 8.

Many thanks in anticipation for some help and advise.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trottsoft View Post
    Hi there, I'm a newcomer to c-band.

I've been involved in the UK for over 25 years in Ku band as a profession and a hobby. (Fancy getting paid to go to work each day and take maximum advantage of your hobby!).

My daughter now lives in (northern) Adelaide, SA and as I am spending a fair bit of time here, I have brought a c-band LNB and receiver here to your great country.

My simple question is related to reception of BBC World on Intelsat 5 and 8. What size dish do you need for suitable reception in Adelaide. The lnb that I have brought with me is 13K?

I obviously need to obtain a suitable size dish. She has a small garden but with clear views to Intel 5 and 8.

Many thanks in anticipation for some help and advise.
    Welcome to Austech... and Australia!

For C-Band IS8 & IS5 a 2.3m mesh or 1.8m solid dish should be fine.

Thanks

Default Dish size in Adelaide for IS5 at 169E (c-band)

Many thanks for that.

Looking at the footprint for the pacific beams for IS5 /8 they are about +39dBw / +31.4dBw respectively for Adelaide.

Although these size dishes are impressive to my eyes, others would be happier in seeing a smaller size !!. Do you think that a 1.8m solid (petallised) dish would give acceptable results if I concentrate on IS5 at 169E ? [ Could I get away with smaller for IS5?]

I am really only after BBC world news and looking at a 1.8m solid product being sold by a Queensland company.

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced 1.8m product in the Adelaide area?

Thanks for your help.

• Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345