Thread: Programs to run older games.

Thanks

Default Programs to run older games.

I think a thread like this existed before the crash, so I'll get it rolling again.

Most of you guys will know about these programs but some people don't so I thought I'd post some info. These are sort of emulators so I figured here is the place to put them.

Scummvm

A prog used to run many of the old Lucasarts (& other) pc games, sam & max, monkey Island series, day of the tentacle, etc Some of the best adventure games ever made IMO, back when there were things like great scripts and voice acting, eg
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Sorcerer II
    Oh yes, well you see that dog poo? That's you that is. That is your favorite food.
    F'n gold

Download section has not only the scummvm engine to download, but a few freeware games for you to wet your teeth on too. Easy as hell to install and run supported games (support list also on site).

Dosbox

Basically a DOS emulator. Gives you the ability to run games that were born before Microsoft decided the world would be a better place if you lost all control; remember power menu and xtree gold?. Tons of games can be run through this app, lesiure suite larry series, police quest, space quest, etc.

I'm pretty much an old adventure gamer and these progs are geared pretty heavily towards that genre, so please feel free to add to the list so others can enjoy games that didn't rely soley on graphics.

So far between these two programs I haven't found an old pc game that I couldn't get running. Even if it took a few hours work and the occasional swear word.

Enjoy.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

slowmo was good for older games when the 486 came out