This isnt a tutorial but a request on how to properly read the clock faced type of Electricity meter I have.

After my 'Kick in the Head' estimated bill earlier this year, the readings have been progressively lower each quater but my friend has just received his bill for the last quarter and it has just slighty jumped from $140 to $540 and he basicly lives alone with Gas H/W etc.
His power usage has also increased 5 times which considering his situation is blunty ridiculous.
So after his bill I decided I would do as I have 'Bin Gunna Do' and this is to do say a monthy read of the meter to see my useage.
The meter has 5 dials divided into 10 segments not 12 as I first thought. It also appears to read from Right to Left as the right hand dial shows 1, then left shows 10,next left is 100, then 1000, then 10000.
I noted where each pointer is, a couple are exactly on a number, some still before so would it read this way ??
on 1 the pointer is just above the 4, the next (10) is between the 8 & 9, next (100) is ON the 5,the (1000) is between the 8 & 9, the (10000) is ON the 4.
So, would you read it 38584 if its read Right to left?