Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vast Registeration Today 15th

Thanks

Default Vast Registeration Today 15th

Well the registeration form hasnt changed so I filled it in anyway, just have to wait and see what happens

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by h8fg4 View Post
    Well the registeration form hasnt changed so I filled it in anyway, just have to wait and see what happens
    Why should the form change?

If you were able to submit the form, it means the registration process is 'active'.

Thanks

Default Vast Registration Today 15th

The registration form has been saying:
    The VAST Service is currently only available to eligible locations in Mildura Vic. and Spencer Gulf SA. If the decoder is not installed within these coverage areas then your application cannot be processed at the moment.
    However, that is not supposed to be the case today.

The conditional access schemes have finally been registered and placed on the ACMA website. See at the bottom for details.

Of interest to travellers, there is a section in the CAS that deals with how they can obtain access to VAST. Hopefully there will be some press releases or updated websites later today to fully explain how travellers will apply. The current registration form does not fully cover their situation.

Anyway, my application has been submitted. Hopefully it will come through by the start of next week.

Gadgets.

Thanks

thanks for the info I read the document and it mentions declared locations Category A B and C, How do I find out what category I am in. I live in broadford Victoria 3658,

thanks

Thanks

Ok kept reading section 3.8.1 explains Categorys

cheers

Thanks

When I read these CAS documents yesterday, it took me a couple of cups of coffee and a couple of complete attempts.

Broadford is within the South Eastern Australia TV3 licence area. That is the area consisting of New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, the Australian Capital Territory and the Jervis Bay Territory.

As you found, section 3 of the CAS defines how each category is determined.

If you are in the Remote Central & Eastern TV1 or TV2 licence areas, then you will be in category A for the CAS. For anyone else reading this post, and trying to work out what category they are in, maps of the licence areas can be found at . You need to be in a yellow area. From what I can tell that will not be you, depending on where in Broadford you are.

I haven't really tried to work out the other categories. In my case I am in category A for Northern Australia TV3 so I haven't looked any further.

I think category B covers some of the old Aurora authorisations.

Gadgets.

• The Following User Says Thank You to GadgetsNorthWest For This Useful Post:

RedXT (15-12-10)

Thanks

I think this site is the best method of finding out if you can legally access the VAST service.

Just enter your address in the My Switch box.

If it tells you you can, there are links to take you to a new form to register for VAST. This is the form I used.

I say new form because this form makes no reference to what was in the previous form - (no longer available at ) = it said:- "The VAST Service is currently only available to eligible locations in Mildura Vic. and Spencer Gulf SA. If the decoder is not installed within these coverage areas then your application cannot be processed at the moment."

If you require travellers access (caravaners, etc.) to VAST go here: - limited initially for 6 months although you can apply for an extension
    Note: Only for mobile receiving equipment installed in caravans, mobile homes and the like, work camps and watercraft.
    Last edited by earlsdon; 15-12-10 at 03:23 PM. Reason: more info

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to earlsdon For This Useful Post:

GadgetsNorthWest (15-12-10),RedXT (15-12-10),Smacca (15-12-10)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

This is an absolutely brilliant site for creating confusion.
    If I enter my street adress it says I MIGHT but most like wont but wait untill 2012 BUT if I enter the cross street (corner block) it say NO Service, Never will be, You can get VAST.
    So I went thru the village and got similar contradictory information on the few streets we have.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Hi All,, trying to find the application form, but it appears to have gone, is anyone else having the same problem.

Rob

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Yep...page now not there.

Thanks

follow earlsdons info and link it worked for me

cheers

Thanks

Tryied earlsdons info , but it tells me I have 2 digital tx areas, so no go, so I assume I have to wait and still watch aroura, 7 central and impara..Even tried putting in very very remote places that no way would have Digital TV, the same, "u are in more than oe digital tx area,, funny hey.
    Been waiting for the this date so I could go Digital, but no,, thought it was Free to watch Digital TV..

Rob
    Last edited by Boof; 15-12-10 at 05:59 PM.

Thanks

If you have a legal Aurora system - e.g in a black spot area - you are supposed to be able to get VAST without any hassle..

Thanks

Hi Earlsdon;Thought so too, but nope, we're in a big black spot, 130km away from Tx, Analogue as alway been crap even with 45ft tower huge Antennas and best masthead amp, so Digital is not there, thats why I went Aroura, not probs getting it connected..

Rob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boof View Post
    Hi Earlsdon;Thought so too, but nope, we're in a big black spot, 130km away from Tx, Analogue as alway been crap even with 45ft tower huge Antennas and best masthead amp, so Digital is not there, thats why I went Aroura, not probs getting it connected..

Rob
    Go here

The page has the following info for existing Aurora users:-

The new satellite service will be available to viewers who are unable to receive adequate local digital television services from existing terrestrial transmitters. It will also be available to viewers in remote Australia and those who currently rely on the Remote Area Broadcasting Service (RABS). This satellite service is also known as Aurora. etc..

Thanks

True, and it was that we could apply after the 15th December, but no, so I have 2 new boxes that I can only watch for 60 days, then nothing untill I think think mid 2012 in this area..

Rob

Thanks

If you are unsuccessful registering your boxes for the full VAST services - use this site to register your boxes - the activation form requests your Aurora card info.

I would also add the info you live in a black spot area in the Notes box and say require the full VAST service - you never know they might give you the full service. If they don't at least then you can use the boxes for the ABC & SBS until you can register to access the full service in 2012.

I am not sure but I think Imparja/Southern Cross might run this particular registration website. If it is Imparja - I have found them easier to get on with than Optus. It was Imparja that turned my Aurora cards on when Optus knocked me back..
    Last edited by earlsdon; 15-12-10 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Additional info

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boof View Post
    True, and it was that we could apply after the 15th December, but no, so I have 2 new boxes that I can only watch for 60 days, then nothing untill I think think mid 2012 in this area..

Rob
    If that's the case just apply for ABC and SBS only until the time comes. I'm in the same boat here in WA.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by earlsdon View Post
    I am not sure but I think Imparja/Soutjern Cross might run this particular registration website.
    Not sure about MyVAST.com.au, but MySatTV.com.au is hosted on Southern Cross servers. The form is also the same design as ye olde Aurora form on .

Thanks

Hi all, thought I would update my earlier post. In the last half hour I have discovered that I now have full VAST channels for Queensland. I'm quite impressed that the decoder was activated the same day I applied. I hope everyone else has similar success.

Gadgets.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast