Thread: Help! Bosch EDM 880 control panel phones us when its armed

Thanks

Default Help! Bosch EDM 880 control panel phones us when its armed

I am in the process of setting up a Bosch 880 alarm system with the EDM control panel.

Through trial and error I have been programming in the settings to get the system to phone us when the alarm is activated.

When I test it it works OK, and happily dials our cell phones. However when we first set the alarm, when leaving, it ALSO dials us but it doesn't set off the alarms. (thank goodness) I can't see why it would do that, and why its even an option.

In other words, when you turn on the alarm system, it sends an 'alarm triggered' message (rising and falling tone) the same you get if the alarm goes off with an activation. This is a problem, as we will get a message whenever someone sets the alarm.

I can't see where in the settings this is turned off.

It was aslo trying to connect with people who were phoning in to us, but setting Loc 175 Ring Count to 0 stopped that.

I set the Handshake tone Loc 032 to 4 = no handshake, and Transmission Format Loc 033 to 4=Domestic.

Is it Loc 177 dialler reporting options? Its set with the default 9 for "dialer reporting functions allowed" and 8 Use bell format etc (whatever that is ).

Its been a steep but until now fun learning curve mastering the system but I seem to be stuck at the last hurdle.

Any help gratefully received.
    Last edited by netspanner; 16-12-10 at 02:03 PM.

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Have a look at the "installers Programming Commands" on page 7 at the front of the book. You need to enter then exit loc 965 & this will automatically set the panel up for domestic dialling. This will get rid of all those reports that you don't need if it is not going back to a monitoring centre. Things like system faults , tests, opens/closes (which is what it is doing to you now) etc ALL you want if it is ringing your mobile is burglary events.
    PS Make sure you read up on how to acknowledge its call to you. It's in the user book.

• The Following User Says Thank You to watchdog For This Useful Post:

netspanner (17-12-10)

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Where did yu program your phone number. For domestic dialling it DOES NOT go in location 000. I think it would be safer to default the panel & start again. You dont need to change ring counts , transmission formats , handshakes.
    Default the panel , program user codes , zone attributes , siren/strobe timers then do the location 965. This will set it up how you want. Look in the USER book to program you phone numbers ( see Domestic Dialling )

netspanner (17-12-10)

Thanks

And make sure you notify your insurer if they have previously been told that you had a monitored alarm. You now don't and wouldn't want them to deny a claim later.

• The Following User Says Thank You to downunderdan For This Useful Post:

netspanner (17-12-10)

Thanks

Thanks so much for you help. I don't seem to have the same books as you are using. I have 2, the Solution 880 Quick reference guide (Issue 1.30), with the loc codes, and a simpler, Solution 880 Operators manual (Issue 1.12).

The Quick reference guide, doesn't have a loc 965, the highest I can find is loc 911 System Date. Nothing about loc 965 at all. P7 is faults and tests.

Nothing about a single set up code either.

The less useful Operators manual doesn't mention it either.

I entered the phone numbers using the Op man, p15 Using the master code 2780 2# ph number *4 ph number # So I didn't use loc codes for them.

I acknowledge the calls by pressing * on the celll Phone.

Do I have an older/newer system? I only purchased it new last week!

Cheers
    Last edited by netspanner; 16-12-10 at 07:55 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Looks like you have the old version , they haven't been made for about 12 months or more though if yours is issue 1.3 then it is more likely about 3 yrs old. Look on page 4 " Installers Programming Commands" Loc 965

netspanner (17-12-10)

Thanks

Thanks so much!!!!

Its amazing that this isn't mentioned anywhere else in the manuals, that I could find.

I am starting to see why security systems are installed by professionals, and not DIY people like myself.

I'll tackle it this weekend

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by netspanner View Post
    I am starting to see why security systems are installed by professionals, and not DIY people like myself.
    Amen.

It's amazing the number of people who would never dream of changing the brakepads on their car (quite easy to do, actually) yet will happily have a go at installing a system for protecting life and property.

Good luck.