Thread: An E-Mail I Got Today - Australia- The Right to Leave

Thanks

Default An E-Mail I Got Today - Australia- The Right to Leave

Our Country - YOU Have the right - the right to leave !

After Sydney not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas lights.

After hearing that the State of South Australia changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered.

This prompted this editorial written by an Australian citizen. Published in an Australian newspaper.

Quote:

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It !
    I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia.

However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part
    of our society, Learn the language!

'In God We Trust' is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you
    consider another part of the world as your new home, Because God is part of our culture.

If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like ' A Fair Go', then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, And we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage
    you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'

If you aren't happy here then f#@* off! We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted. Pretty easy really, when you think about it.

I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.

No matter how many times you receive it... please forward it to all you know

Look Here ->
    Thanks

'In God We Trust' is our National Motto.

not likely, sounds a bit american

nice pic though , i think i'll use it.
    Last edited by problem child; 12-01-08 at 06:37 AM. Reason: added last bit

Thanks

I am obviously not australian but i am the first one who would say that aussies are being used. Stop that before its too late.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

This has already been posted and is on the old database. It is American , someone has simply changed a few things to make it sound Australian. " In God We Trust " sure aint our motto

Thanks

Yeah, some patriot. The author of this wouldn't pass the citizenship test!

If whoever wrote this wants to go and live in America, with their flag, "national motto" and "pledge" (Australian pledge of allegiance anyone?!?!) they're welcome to.

Idiot.

p.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 533 Posts

from memory "advance australia" was the moto but not officially.

now i think its "Land of yobbos and pies”. lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by problem child View Post
    'In God We Trust' is our National Motto.

not likely, sounds a bit american

nice pic though , i think i'll use it.
    I was under the impression the American National Motto was
    "In Gold We Trust"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by truder44 View Post
    I was under the impression the American National Motto was
    "In Gold We Trust"
    yes that sounds right lol

Thanks

whilst some of the details are borrowed there is still a valid point. So much of Australia's culture is being lost due to politically correct people not wanting to offend minorities.

If for one have no problem people coming from other countries to live here and they in no way have to adopt our way of living entirely but at the same time i think it is a bit rich to expect Australia to change its culture so as to not offend some people.

As the old saying goes "When in Rome do as the Romans do"

Thanks

People who claim that they speak for "Australianness" should learn a thing or two about this country or shut the f*** up. These so called "Australians" are often talking out their arses (that's the AUSTRALIAN not the AMERICAN spelling). Whoever wrote this and those responsible for spreading it, apparently know bugger all about the "Australian" culture that they claim to be standing up for.

I do agree with some of the sentiment in this: Australia is the nation of the fair go and if you don't want to give other Australians a fair go you can bugger off.

But if you want to important foriegn ideological crap, smear Australians with it, make up lies about your fellow Aussies, live in a country with "a pledge" of allegiance or where you sware allegiance to the flag, where the national motto is "in god we trust" is the national motto and the country was founded by Godly Christian men and Women (and not a ratbag collection of convicts, athiests, criminals and the odd God-botherer) then f*** off to AMERICA!

I'll take any immigrant, of any religion from anywhere who is genuine about contributing to building this country up than these ignorant wankers who are putting all there effort into tearing it apart. Anyone who wants to important foreign wars, lies, and ideological bullshit - whether it's radical Islam or radical American right wing Christian shite - and use it against AUSTRALIANS needs to take a good hard look at themselves and think about whether they want to be part of AUSTRALIA or not.

p.

Thanks

I know what I would have been doing if I got it, and it has something to do with SPAM FOLDERS.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poiuytrewq View Post
    People who claim that they speak for "Australianness" should learn a thing or two about this country or shut the f*** up. These so called "Australians" are often talking out their arses (that's the AUSTRALIAN not the AMERICAN spelling). Whoever wrote this and those responsible for spreading it, apparently know bugger all about the "Australian" culture that they claim to be standing up for.

I do agree with some of the sentiment in this: Australia is the nation of the fair go and if you don't want to give other Australians a fair go you can bugger off.

But if you want to important foriegn ideological crap, smear Australians with it, make up lies about your fellow Aussies, live in a country with "a pledge" of allegiance or where you sware allegiance to the flag, where the national motto is "in god we trust" is the national motto and the country was founded by Godly Christian men and Women (and not a ratbag collection of convicts, athiests, criminals and the odd God-botherer) then f*** off to AMERICA!

I'll take any immigrant, of any religion from anywhere who is genuine about contributing to building this country up than these ignorant wankers who are putting all there effort into tearing it apart. Anyone who wants to important foreign wars, lies, and ideological bullshit - whether it's radical Islam or radical American right wing Christian shite - and use it against AUSTRALIANS needs to take a good hard look at themselves and think about whether they want to be part of AUSTRALIA or not.

p.
    Take a valium pollywaffle , I dont see the need in you trying to fire up a topic by telling people to **** off when you have already done the same thing on exactly the same thread within the last 3 months.

By the way , it's actually the English ( UK ) spelling.

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    " In God We Trust " sure aint our motto
    Correct, ours is more like "She'll be right mate"

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

I'll take any immigrant, of any religion from anywhere who is genuine about contributing to building this country up than these ignorant wankers who are putting all there effort into tearing it apart.

p.
    The sad thing is probaly 99% of all persons whom come to Australia to make it home are 100% committed to building this country for all, however, the media will sensationalise that 1% of ALL nationalities that cause problems because it makes NEWS!!

Thanks

Simple,you come to Australia and you adapt to our law and order.If you don't like it F off.

Thanks

Default That's just redneck crap,that only starts fights.

We have always been very lay back people in Australia, that is why so many people from all over the world want to come here. There is good and bad in every community. I have found that no matter where people are from the majority just want to live in peace. Give it a generation or too and immigrants are just as Aussie as the rest of us. At the moment it's all Arab bashing 20 years ago it was the Asians and before that it was the Wogs. How many of you have bestest mates that were once hated Wogs or Slopes. I for one say history will prove me right. In the end we will realize all this racist crap is stopping us from great friend ships with people of different back grounds.

Thanks

p.
    geez I'm glad not all Australian's are as narrow minded as you, we would be in a world of hurt if they were!

Is there any group that you missed out on offending in your post, you pretty much started on all of them???

EDIT: whilst we are on spelling, 'swear' is like this, not sware!

Mick

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micksxboxmods View Post
    geez I'm glad not all Australian's are as narrow minded as you, we would be in a world of hurt if they were!

Is there any group that you missed out on offending in your post, you pretty much started on all of them???

EDIT: whilst we are on spelling, 'swear' is like this, not sware!
    What am i being narrowminded about? You've lost me there....

As far as i am concerned, everyone who is willing to put in is welcome here. It aint about religion, it aint about race or ethnicity or anything like that. Simple, if you want to come here and make a contribution to building this country up you're welcome. If you want to rip the country apart, i don't care where you were born...

If you have a go at others for not being "Australian" enough and you don't have the first clue about "Australia", you're kind of asking for someone to point it out...

p.

PS you got me on the spelling mistake...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    This has already been posted and is on the old database. It is American , someone has simply changed a few things to make it sound Australian. " In God We Trust " sure aint our motto
    Yep. Variations can be found on Snopes. It's just a modified American version.