Thread: all in-one china GPS troubleshoothing

Thanks

Default all in-one china GPS troubleshoothing

Hi,

I just install a used in-dash all in one gps from china in my car. I have little problem with the system. Most of the system works great but when I put the system on GPS mode immediately the screen close but the GPS is always working ( it gives me voice direction). The system do similar thing on other mode like bluetooth or Radio the screen close after few minutes (but probably the GPS is on ). It is very bizzard because it seems that if the system do not have GPS signal I do not have this problem. When I put the car in the garage, no problem, I'm able to select location or something like that.

Some interesting information :
    1-Presently it is very cool in my location ( -20 C )
    2-I have installed the GPS antenna on the back of interior mirror
    3-This system is used and the original owner was around 700 km from my location.
    4-On the SD card the name of the iGo directory is IGO8-20090608-USA

Thank you

Look Here ->
    Thanks

After studying deeper the problem, it appears that it is probably not only a GPS. I remove the GPS SD card from the card reader and I have always the same problem. The more surprising thing is that the device seems not crashed because in radio mode the radio still working but the screen is closed. it is exactly the same thing in bluetooth mode.

Thanks

Is there a small hole on the front of unit to allow a system reset?

Bazzle

Thanks

Yes I use this button but I'm not always able to reset totally th device. Most of the time settings are reset ( radio channels in memory ) but the display do no comes on. Some times it works some time it does not work. The only thing it is always the same is when I stop the car and put the key to off, it always reset the the system and when I put the car on the system always start. Is it possible that this problem is not only software problem? Is is possible a wrong wires connection with the vehicle can cause this problem? ( Ground, Illumination, etc )

Thanks

I finally remove my unit from the dash of my card to do some test. I connect the unit on a 12V source. I Start the unit and let it runs for a half hour. As all the time, after half hour on. The unit begins to crash (screen close). When the unit is cool, just after start it is working great. After few reset ( not with the button, unplug the unit ) it is totally crashed. The menu appear but it said no GPS supported, No USB suportted etc.

There are space on the back of the unit for a small fan but it is not there. Is it normal? It is easy to add a fan if it can solve my problem.