Thread: Optarse rate limiting pron?

Thanks

Default Optarse rate limiting pron?

I have access 2 60Mbps terrestrial links from the same provider (Optarse) and it appears that any streaming pron video buffers a hell of a lot.

I know that there is no shaping on the inside of the firewall, get the same result on the outside of the firewall anyway and one of the connections used to be OK until last weekend.

I have hunted around various flash video streaming sites and the "non-pron" ones are OK, streaming pron sites are buffering a lot.

Checked with our network guy and he knows of no restrictions.

I may have to raise a trouble ticket with them. Just wish I could find a non-pron stream that is also being restricted.

I wonder if they have done this because they now offer unlimited or near downloads for home users?

Any Optarse users care to check their streaming pron and see what it is like?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Did a bit more hunting around on whirlpool and there are lots of people complaining of download rates being poor from the US. I suspect Optarse haven't upgraded their international links enough to cope.

My home ISP recently upped their download limits to near enough to be unlimited (0.4 - 1TB) and I don't have a problem. Phew.