Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cheapest vast box?

Thanks

Default cheapest vast box?

where can i get one cheap.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I saw some on ebay for $195. I went back and someone bought it and the price is back up to $279 lol typo?

Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 21-12-10 at 09:56 PM.
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Have a few left

$270 + postage

Thanks

Sciteq has a few 279 plus post

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

UEC quoted me $302 including freight.
    Many sellers may offer a cheap price but their 'Handling/Freight' is padded to make up the shortfall so it aint a 'Cheapie' in my book.
    I complained to Ebay about a company in Perth WA who were selling items for a few dollars which was way below the RRP BUT they wanted a $100 post and handling which was a blatant attempt to bring the cost price of the item to them.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Central Comms in Alice Springs has a LARGE stack at the front door for $269. Highly unusual when they tried to sell me a PL-259 for $10 earlier this year !

Premium Member

Thanks

I heard the UEC price is $225 to $245, PLUS GST of 10% PLUS Margin to a retailer.
    I have no idea if the base price quoted was freight inclusive so for $269 over the counter is reasonable.
    Say $225 @ 10% is $22.50 which = $247.50, $247.50 to $269 makes a margin of $51.50 at that price.
    Increase the ex Factory price and add Freight and that Margin decreases accordingly.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

GST has to be added to the final price. Any GST paid by the from the wholesaler/supplier by the retailer is refunded by the Tax Office. The retailer then changes the GST on the retail price and pays the GST to the Tax Office.

I doubt there are many retailers prepared to work on 10%. e.g Harvey Norman works on at least 100% (although generally around 150%) plus GST. That is why you can almost always get 25 to 30% off for cash at Harvey Norman - you just have to ask.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Premium Member

Thanks

The figures I quoted are those a local TV installer gave me.
    He said as I listed, the price he buys them from this Distributor (UEC?) without GST.
    He then adds GST and his margin and didnt think the margin was adequate (about $30) out of which he takes all his running costs.
    From his often off the wall ramblings, I gather if you buy a pallet load, there is a futher discount which sounds good but you have to outlay the money on the premise of the STB's selling in reasonable time which for a single individual would be a big risk.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

kevin1341 (23-12-10)

Thanks

@INFO noted.

I had these guys email me this after inquring about a lnb.

it seems 280 is the norm for these boxes.

However, i've also found this.

Postage does not look that bad. Anyone bought stuff from here?

Thanks

I bought mine from Sciteq in Perth and was express posted to my door for $15. Shoot an email to sales@sciteq.com.au Ask if they can wriggle on price a little, you never know.

Cheers,
    Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Got mine from Central Comms for $269 (incl GST) also. Just grabbed one off the top of the pallet load. They must figure that there'll be plenty of uptake...

Some one told me that Hardly Normal, Alice Springs will also be supplying these, but I haven't been into that place for a few months, so I can't confirm yet.

Thanks

if you mention to some of them that you are an installer and want trade you can get them down to around $220,you just have to push them

Thanks

where can on be obtained in brisbane or sunshine coast. it looks like roads are just about cut to out west so it is likely anything ordered today and posted tommorow will not be there for some time. So might be better off actually picking one up tommorow.

getting one of these also.

Thanks

well i found a place that'll be open during this period and a reasonable price.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    Got mine from Central Comms for $269 (incl GST) also. Just grabbed one off the top of the pallet load. They must figure that there'll be plenty of uptake...

Some one told me that Hardly Normal, Alice Springs will also be supplying these, but I haven't been into that place for a few months, so I can't confirm yet.
    AJM , good to see I've got someone I can compare notes with :-) interesting that the counter folks said that if I lived in town then I would not get the box activated. As for Hardly Not Normal..be 269 +100 (Harvey value add) - 20 (discount)...I seriously hate shopping there as I think they are overly optimistic with what they can get away with and they are not alone from what I've experienced.

Pete

Thanks

Now I have a box authorised for my son - I am looking at a second box for myself and the lowest price I can find so far is - $269 plus freight - can anyone do better?

There are various prices from the same sellers on ebay - price depends on freight method offered or in one case if you can pickup.

One ebay seller also has a website - - it offers a box, including registered freight, at $281 (costs more if you want overnight delivery).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by earlsdon View Post
    Now I have a box authorised for my son - I am looking at a second box for myself and the lowest price I can find so far is - $269 plus freight - can anyone do better?

There are various prices from the same sellers on ebay - price depends on freight method offered or in one case if you can pickup.

One ebay seller also has a website - - it offers a box, including registered freight, at $281 (costs more if you want overnight delivery).
    I bought mine from Sciteq. Shoot them an email sales@sciteq.com.au and see what they will do. Postage was $15 express

Leroy

Thanks

So i picked one up from Micheal's Electronics today $270. HDMI cable did not come in the mail :/. Will have to see if the TV will do 1080i over component.

I registered the card and box on the website. However, can one please confirm if once i press submit if I'm meant to be redirected. All that happened was a box came up saying blah blah blah government bludger going to take 48 hours to press okay. I press OK and I was not redirected.

Now for the fun of installing a new LNB.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast