Thread: Backup Disc Help

Thanks

Default Backup Disc Help

Hey guys need a bit of help here from the experts ......

I recently had my 360 flashed/modded, and i bought a Samsung SCH-162D with Kreon firmware, as i have a number of originals which the kids are not treating as kindly as i would like. I use Xbox Backup Creator, and IMG Burn but every one i have tried gives me an "unplayable disc" error. I spoke to the guy who did my 360 and he says it is because of the type of firmware he used, ixtreme i believe so that i can play games online, which means i cannot make a straight backup, even though i have checked my ISO's with dvdmulleter etc etc and all say ixtreme compatible ........

he has offered to change the firmware to another so my backups work, yet this will mean no online play, which at some time could be an issue, so i would like to keep things as they are but not make coasters, as you can imagine DL disc coasters are not nice, kinda gets expensive, so i was wondering if anybody here knows and can tell me what to do in simple english, I have a Pioneer DVD DL burner the 111D with 1.29 firmware, and i am using Ridata DVD+RL discs.........

so guys and girls, step by step please, what do i do to make working backups of my discs, without losing the ability to play them online.......I know i can put in the original if i want to play online, but i wanna back them up and lock them away for a possible sale later down the track.

T.I.A
    DoggyStyle

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I was under the impression if you had the latest version of XBC that it made ixtreme compatible backups?!

Mind you I'm not an expert when it comes to XBC. I prefer to use Schtrom for my backups, I've never had a problem making ixtreme compatible backups with it. Maybe try it out and see if you get the same result, providing you don't mind possibly making another dud disc..........tez

Thanks

what layer break are you using

Thanks

Mick - - isn't the layerbreak set in the .DVD file which IMGBurn selects, i checked one using notepad and it was set to 1913760, i did not set layerbreak manually should i have done so ????

Tez - - i guess one more coaster would not hurt, although i used schtrom to stealth check my images, which XBC created, and they passed ?????

Thanks

I've never had to touch the layer break settings in ImgBurn, I think you used to have to change it but after a certain version of ImgBurn you could just leave it set at 'Calculate Optimal' and it would work.

I only use Schtrom cause it seemed easier to use than XBC when I first started and it never gave me any problems. I think it all comes down to what you're most comfortable with.

Also (which you probably already have) but make sure you've got the latest versions of either XBC or Schtrom. Schtrom is at 3.4, XBC is at 2.8.0.275.

Thanks

yeah mate i am using v2.8 build 0.275 for XBC and i have 3.4 schtrom but not used it yet.

and i thought this was gonna be a piece of cake, just get the right hardware, click on this and that and play, yeah right lol

Does what this guy say makes sense to you, that the backups i have already tried to make, will work if he changes the type of flash/mod he installed, especially as both XBC and schtrom should have already stealth patched them for this very reason, or does it sound like he has done something wrong ??????

another quick question Tez ..... if i made an image using XBC and then made an image of the same disc using schtrom, would the two image sizes be different if schtrom made a working copy, and XBC did not ( trying to avoid another $3 coaster lol )

Does anybody know if i should select SPTI mode or ASPI mode using XBX, it defaults to SPTI but i never noticed it until now

Thanks

It sorta should be a piece of cake! Once I flashed my Sammy with the Kreon FW it was smooth sailiing - I have never made a 360 backup coaster and I, like most people, normally make at least one coaster during the learning process!

With your backups, if it is the ixtreme firmware that is the problem then your backups would work if your drive was flashed to an xtreme FW. I flashed my drive with ixtreme then found some of my earlier games wouldn't work anymore. I don't play online so I flashed it back to the last xtreme before ixtreme came out and they worked again. ixtreme is designed so that it won't play any discs that haven't been stealth patched whereas the xtreme FW doesn't care!

My XBC defaults to SPTI too but not sure enough about your XBC questions to give you a defiinitive answer (though I can understand you not wanting to make another expensive coaster). Might have to wait for someone with more experience with it to come along........tez

Thanks

just tried using schtrom and get error every attempt at 3% "cannot extract ss bin" so turning again to my old mate google lol

Thanks

Well if both progs are not doing what they should than maybe it might be the Samsung drive? One of the experts in here should have a better answer than 'maybe'.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyStyle View Post
    just tried using schtrom and get error every attempt at 3% "cannot extract ss bin" so turning again to my old mate google lol
    Good luck trying to get that program to work mate..I was getting the same error and couldn't come up with a work around..See

Have kept using xbox back up creator and haven't looked back..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Have kept using xbox back up creator and haven't looked back..
    Yeh, forget all other progs except XBC and you'll be right .

Thanks

Thanks for all replies guys, one more quick question ..... i was told that XBC may have issues with Vista, can anyone confirm or deny this please, as i have vista installed but will readily go back to XP if it will fix my problem

Thanks

WooHoo fixed my problem, did exactly the same as every other attempt, but this time used a Verbatim disc, and the bloody thing worked fine, seems like my xbox drive don't like ridata..

Many thanks for everybody's help on this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyStyle View Post
    WooHoo fixed my problem, did exactly the same as every other attempt, but this time used a Verbatim disc, and the bloody thing worked fine, seems like my xbox drive don't like ridata..

Many thanks for everybody's help on this
    thats wierd on a Xbox

360 OK
    8. Signatures or user profiles containing commercial advertising for any web sites or advertising commercial goods will be removed , as will your account if you persist in doing it. This does not apply to Premium Members. Advertising banners are not permitted in signatures by any member group. A small logo may be permitted but if deemed to be too big will be removed at Austech's discretion.

Thanks

DoggyStyle ya still having succesful burns ?
    Trust thyself only, and another shall not betray thee.

http://s18.postimage.org/h9xu3rrhx/fb_sevapers.jpg

Thanks

Yes mate, all 100% since switching to Verbatim. I spoke to the guy who did my mod, he has had a few people with same problem, all have same xbox dvd drive, and all were solved by using Verbatim.

Thanks

i thought making backups was illegal?