Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: The Rest of Remote Australia?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rodnic View Post
    In discussions on the Caravaners Forum, WA residents have said they have got activation. The application has a tick box to select the eastern state of your PRIMARY AREA OF TRAVEL. Bear in mind there are only north and south zones.
    I think he meant travellers auth for WA channels. I don't think they're allowing them just yet.

| www.SatTVGuide.com.au |

Volunteer, non-profit online TV guides for VAST viewers.

Thanks

They are allowing travelers access for WA folk venturing across the boarder and have been for some time. My folks are grey headed old so and so's are currently are up in the NT some where and they got access just as they left.

Thanks

Hi I have just had a look at the spy report. Which came out on tuesday, 3 may 2011 which states. Remote viewers in Western are in for a dramatic increase in services by the end of the year, following confirmation of the rollout of the new satellite service for remote and reional areas. The new View Access Satellite Television (vast) service replaces the existing AURORA service and will offer new channels in two stages. The commercial channells WIN, GWN7 and TEN WEST are available now, while the remaining multichannels - including 7MATE and ELEVEN - will become available by the end of the year. However, the VAST service will not be available to all viewers: only those in areas that will never receive over-the-air digital signals are eligible at this stage. Viewers in other areas like Bunbury will need to wait until terrestrial services begin before they can receive the new channels. In his announcment on Tuesday, the communications minister Stephen Conroy said that funding would be available to assist those in areas currently receiving television by "self help" transmitters. The goverment has also agreed to support WIN and GWN in building their digital transmitters; cost has often been cited as the reason for previous delays in expanding services to major centres. "All households in regional and remote Western Australia will have access to the same number of digital TV channels as is available in Perth through the digital switchover prgram," Senator Conroy said. Viewers in areas unable to receive digital transmissions- including blackspots in Perth and in other centres covered by digital transmissions- will need to wait until six months prior to analogue switchoff before becoming eligible for the service. I hope this maybe of some help

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wyalkatchemsat For This Useful Post:

billy t (15-06-11),gordon_s1942 (04-05-11)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I think its great for WA to have at last a more accurate forecast of the availablity of VAST than the current 'Soon'.
    I am also pleased that they are going to be allowed to access all 3 commercial channels immediately, albeit in their basic form rather than waiting untill all the 'extras' are available.
    From a brief reading of the rest of the announcement it is pretty much a rehash of what has been said before except its now GWN,TEN WEST and WIN are the names of the broadcasters.

What remote viewers of VAST WA and Regional Terrestial areas of WA will have to do is not let them 'Forget' to keep their promise of delivering the same number of Digital channels to them as are available to the Metropolitan Viewers.
    Regional SA viewers are still waiting (Dec 15th, 2010) and VICTORIA officialy turns OFF thats States Regional Analog transmissions TOMORROW, Thursday 5th of MAY.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 04-05-11 at 02:38 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Smile

I have a Aurora card which activated for WA, but it seems when I enter the details for registration at the vast site. I am in a black spot area

Your search indicates that you are in the:
    REGIONAL AND REMOTE WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    switchover area, which switches by
    2nd Half 2013

You will be able to apply for access to the interim Western if you currently receive commercial television services via the Aurora service. Viewers of the interim VAST service will be moved to full Western VAST service when it is launched in the state.

I filled out the online details for activation, but they only activated ABC and SBS channels. which I thought was strange as other members have stated they are getting Win GWN SD channels

Can anyone confirm this?

Also noticed the statement by them..see below.

WESTERN AUSTRALIA: PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS FOR COMMERCIAL SERVICES OF VAST ARE NOT YET BEING PROCESSED AND AS SUCH THESE SERVICES WILL NOT BE AUTHORISED FOR AN APPLICATION FROM WESTERN AUSTRALIA - ABC AND SBS MAY STILL BE REQUESTED.

So have they stopped activating the commercial channels?

Thanks
    Last edited by sat 49; 12-05-11 at 10:19 AM.
    1 x VU+ Duo HD Twin Tuner PVR, 2 X AZbox HD, 2 X Opticum 9500 HD, Unotelly DNS & VPN, 2 X Roku Media players, 3 X WD-TV Media Players, and some shitty Vast STB's

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sat 49 View Post
    So have they stopped activating the commercial channels?
    It's looking that way, but I tell ya, MySwitch needs to get their bloody act together. So much conflicting information. On one hand, they're saying no commercial services will be approved. On the other hand, they're "allowing" interim access from April 2011 onwards. So what is it, MySwitch?

Ok, so using a WA address, you get this in the Satellite Eligibility tab:

VAST eligibility

Applications to access all the channels on the VAST service are not currently being accepted in Western Australia. VAST applications in this area will open up in two stages. Firstly as an interim service and then later this year a full service containing all of the channels.

If you are already receiving the commercial services via the ‘Aurora’ satellite television services or if you intend to travel through remote Western Australia areas you can apply for access to the interim service.

Alternatively you can apply now for the ABC and SBS services on VAST.

To apply please check back on mySwitch after the interim service has commenced.

To apply, click here.
    WTF? So although I can apply with my legit Aurora card, I still need to hold off until after the full list of services is available? That's not how the previous paragraphs read.

Clicking apply shows this information:

Applications to access all the channels on the VAST service are not currently being accepted for Western Australia.

An interim Western VAST service is expected(??) to be available from early April 2011 and will offer the three main commercial channels offering content from Seven Network, Nine Network and Network Ten, the full set of digital television services of the ABC and SBS will also be provided. The full Western VAST service is expected to be available in the second half of 2011.

You will be able to apply for access to the interim Western if you currently receive commercial television services via the Aurora service. Viewers of the interim VAST service will be moved to full Western VAST service when it is launched in the state.

If you simply want to access the ABC and SBS services, and not the commercial services, you can apply to access ABC and SBS on VAST now.

If you are travelling through remote Western Australia and only seeking temporary access to VAST.

If you wish to apply please select your application type below and click APPLY at the bottom of this screen. You will be asked to confirm your application, which will be sent to the broadcasters.

Please note that applications for commercial services of VAST in Western Australia will not be processed until the interim service has been launched. You are advised to wait until the interim service is available before lodging any application in Western Australia, with the exception of ABC and SBS only.
    So now we're presented with pre-April 2011 information. It reads like Stage 1 hasn't even launched yet. In fact, no mention of stages at all.

What the hell is going on at MySwitch?

| www.SatTVGuide.com.au |

Volunteer, non-profit online TV guides for VAST viewers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smacca View Post
    What the hell is going on at MySwitch?
    Site design and maintenance has been handed over to alanh.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpankedHam For This Useful Post:

viewer (13-05-11),vk6xlr (13-05-11)

Thanks

How true

Quote Originally Posted by SpankedHam View Post
    Site design and maintenance has been handed over to alanh.
    1 x VU+ Duo HD Twin Tuner PVR, 2 X AZbox HD, 2 X Opticum 9500 HD, Unotelly DNS & VPN, 2 X Roku Media players, 3 X WD-TV Media Players, and some shitty Vast STB's

• Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567