Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meter reading please

Thanks

Hey Gordon

I would ring up and ask for a copy of my bills for the last 2 years - if you have done nothing new you will see a pattern of your usage and the average daily usage is a really good indication of what is happening.

Have a really good look at the meter - you will see there is a number of turns/kwh on the meter (266.6/kwh) meaning the thing has to go around 266.6 times to consume 1k/wh

so over 24 hours - it needs to go around 4212 times for 15.8kwh's
    86400 seconds per day which means it takes 20.5 seconds for that black strip to go around once

so it isnt going around very fast........

keep daily or weekly tabs - make up a spreadsheet and watch it like a hawk

hope this helps

f
    有段者

2. The Following User Says Thank You to freakee1 For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (15-01-11)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Due to my filing system which I have used for over 40 years, I have bills going back some YEARS !!!.
    I use a wire 'spike', a piece of old fencing wire or a wire coat hanger about a foot long and as we pay a bill, it and any receipts attatched are 'spiked'.
    The spike has the sharp end bent over to form a hook and its hung on a wardrobe door where its easily accessable.
    When the 'spike' is full, I make up a new one and put the old one away untill I am satisfied enough time has elapsed to safely destroy those old Bills etc.
    The only fault with this methord is everything is on the 'Spike' but it is in chronological order and that has been helpfull over the years.

Freakie1, being a lazy bugger I should have ratted out the old accounts and did as you suggested and cross compared them.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 15-01-11 at 06:37 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

freakee1 (16-01-11)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12