Thread: Meter reading please

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Meter reading please

Uploaded with

Back on the 12th of December I asked how to read your electricity meter (Meter Readings for Dummies)
    Today 30/12, I read the meter again and this time I have posted a pic of the dial to see if I have got the reading correct.
    IF I have read this correctly, it reads 38709.
    IF this is correct, there is one HUGE difference to what they recorded and billed me for to what I am reading now.
    The last account reading was 37185 and if this reading taken today is correct, I have used 1524 kwh since the 15 Nov, this is a bit hard to swallow when the last account was for 100 days previous and showed 550 kwh used.
    literaly 3 times the units consumed in 1/3 of the time !!!
    I hope someone can tell me I am reading this incorrectly otherwise the bill will be skyhigh.
    Natualy I wont be able to dispute the amount because I didnt record the meter when it was read last and they will say I have used it, so PAYUP !!
    The kwh unit rate is $0.189300 for anyone whose better at maths than me to work out.
    And I dont think the bill is due to be read before the end of January either.

NO electric HWS, a Gas Stove,Gas Heater or the Wood burner, NO A/Con,dont use an electric jug, NO welder etc and no major appliances added since the last reading.
    Witht the info I posted before on the 12 Dec, the reading appeared to be 38583 so add 126 to that over some 19 days? = the current reading of 38709?
    If over a 100 days I used 550, that = 5.5 per day, this 128 = about 6.5 a day perhaps?
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 30-12-10 at 03:02 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

2. Look Here ->