Thread: Energy metering

Thanks

Default Energy metering

I've just ordered a Wattson Energy Meter.

Does anybody else out there have one or other similar unit and can give their opinions?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I have one of these to keep an eye on our consumption.

Thanks

I went for the Wattson so I could also monitor the solar from inside and also because it is supposed to be able to determine wether we are importing or exporting. $235 with an extra clip delivered from Neco. Cheaper than a communication package for the Sunnyboy SB3800 inverter.
    Has the cent a meter helped influence others in your household or is it just for your benefit.

Thanks

I have turned the alarm function off as it gave all of us the Sh*#s. it is handy to see what the cost of running the air con is .. I think the novelty has well and truly worn off now thou.

Thanks

yup they give u an idea of what is happening and u can see the diff when u turn things on and off, a novelty yes but useful

Thanks

Received my Wattson and trying to hook it up.
    1st problem - Differentiating between exported and imported power.
    Our house has electric hot water so has its own supply from a separate time switched terminal coming from the EM1200 meter. It appears the EM1200 is a bidirectional sensing so does not have a seperate import terminal so only net generation is measured.
    The Solar output is connected to the main circuit breaker that supplies all the other circuits in the house except the water. The supply to the other circuits is achieved with a bus bar.
    It looks like to capture import and export I am going to have to use three probes and get another main breaker fitted.
    As I can't clamp a probe on the bus bar coming out of the breaker to capture the load current I will need to combine the solar and main supply from meter on the additional breaker then place a probe on the conductor running from this to the original breaker. A second probe on the hotwater conductor and the last probe on the solar output.

2nd problem is that the Wattson tariff structure does not include day of week tariff option. 23:00 Friday to 07:00 Monday is all off peak.