Thread: City Navigator Australia and New Zealand NT 2011.30

Thanks

Default City Navigator Australia and New Zealand NT 2011.30

City Navigator Australia and New Zealand NT 2011.30
    MapID: 2355

Travel Australia and New Zealand
    City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT provides highly detailed maps for your device and thousands of points
    of interest (POIs) throughout the region, so you can navigate with exact, turn-by-turn directions to any address or intersection.
    Coverage for Australia includes cities and national roads throughout the entire continent. Coverage for New Zealand includes
    national roads throughout the country and detailed coverage for Auckland, Wellington, Hamilton, Christchurch and Dunedin.
    Route to POIs including restaurants, petrol stations, lodging, attractions and more.

Install mapsource:
    Windows XP:
    Copy "City Navigator Australia And New Zealand NT 2011.30.gmap" folder into
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\GARMIN\Maps
    OR
    %APPDATA%\GARMIN\Maps

Vista and windows 7:
    Copy "City Navigator Australia And New Zealand NT 2011.30.gmap" folder into
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\GARMIN\Maps
    OR
    %APPDATA%\GARMIN\Maps
    (or something like that all other languages)

MapID: 2355

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to pietu For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

aalyasseri (11-02-11),Art (13-03-11),bazzle01 (09-01-11),dat260 (14-03-11),eire23 (14-01-11),freerider (23-01-11),Mark (04-04-11),NoService (08-01-11),puca (22-02-11),Ralfo (23-03-11),SS Dave (08-01-11),Tiny (25-04-11),Twoshots (12-02-11),WhiteOx (10-01-11),Yobbo (18-02-11),zul (13-02-11)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

love ya work mate been using your maps for a while now

NS
    The Early Bird May Get The Worm But Its The Second Mouse That Gets The Cheese!

Thanks

Thanks very much works great in mapsource and on my GPS but my nroute doesn't see the map because it not installed in the registry.

Does anyone know the registry entry required for vista.

cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdad View Post
    Thanks very much works great in mapsource and on my GPS but my nroute doesn't see the map because it not installed in the registry.

Does anyone know the registry entry required for vista.

cheers
    Use this and convert your mapsource to "OLD" format
    after converting you can remove original .gmap folder

MapReverseConverter 4.2

Use City Navigator Europe NT with MapSource 6.13.7

When you install City Navigator Europe NT (or a nüMaps Lifetime update for this map), MapSource 6.15.x will be installed too. 6.15.x is much slower than 6.13.7; on an older PC it might even be unworkable (not to mention the ugly distortion of the maps).
    The problem is that MapSource 6.13.7 cannot use these maps, because the files have a new format (actually the same as RoadTrip for Mac OS X uses).

Some members of the German forum Naviboard.de found a solution to convert the new files to the format that MapSource 6.13.7 uses. Their solution is not so easy to use, so I created the program MapReverseConverter to make te conversion process easier (the actual conversion is done by the program GMaptool, the same as the Naviboard solution).
    MapReverseConverter is an universal program, not only for City Navigator Europe NT, but for any map in the new format.

After the conversion process you will have two sets of maps on your PC, the original and the converted one. If you want, you can remove the original files, preferrably through the Control Panel of Windows. Newer versions of MapSource still work with the converted maps, so upgrading MapSource is always possible.

The program nRoute from Garmin has some issues with several new maps. Sometimes map layers are displaced, for instance water bodies wouldn't be visible. This is caused by the TYP file. The remedy is to uninstall the converted map (not the original!), and to convert again with the option "Don't use TYP file" checked. Converting again without uninstalling first doesn't solve the problem.

When you don't have MapSource 6.13.7 (anymore), you can download it here:

With every update of nüMaps Lifetime you will need to run MapReverseConverter again.

NOTE: After conversion, a NT map is still a NT map. Some people think that MapReverseConverter helps them to use NT maps with older devices like the StreetPilot 2610, but it does not.

Why is it called 'MapReverseConverter'?
    RoadTrip for Mac OS X cannot use maps in the old format. For getting these maps to work with RoadTrip you need to use Garmin's program 'MapConverter', which converts map files to the new format. My program does the reverse, hence the name...

Changelog
    • Copying unlock codes from unlockcodes.ucx to the Windows registry
    • Option to discard TYP file for nRoute

Last edited by pietu; 10-01-11 at 07:12 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to pietu For This Useful Post:

Monkey Man (19-01-11)

Thanks

Thumbs up Tadaaa

You guys rock! My spaceship can navigate all over New Zealand now!

Lister says hai
    A.J.Rimmer

Thanks

First of all thanks for taking the time to upload the maps!
    I downloaded mapsource of garmins website and got it installed ok,
    I also downloaded the unlocked files and extracted them using 7-zip.
    Im trying to transfer the maps to a nuvi 1410.
    What is the next step...im a bit lost!
    Once again thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eire23 View Post
    Im trying to transfer the maps to a nuvi 1410.
    Once again thanks!
    replace gmapprom.img ?

anyone seen Kryton today?
    A.J.Rimmer

Thanks

Anyone having problems with "Mapsource - Unlocked", I have downloaded it 4 times from 4 different sites each one is corrupt.

Edit: Problem solved, I think 5th download also not a valid rar. Changed .rar to .zip unpacked disregarding 1 CRC error. Resulting folder tested in Mapsource and so far so good.
    Last edited by MrRadio; 18-01-11 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Resolution

Thanks

No problems with downloading the data for me, all came through correct 1st time, is the download stalling with poor internet speed at all as I have had zips, RAR's etc corrupted by this...

Regards - MM

Thanks

I was recently away at my dads and he asked me if I knew how to put an updated CN map into his Nuvi.
    I downloaded MS from garmin using the "training centre" method and then downloaded "MapSouce Unlocked" from this thread and followed the instructions. Everything worked perfectly, CN 2011.30 showed up in MS and I transfered it onto his Nuvi which again worked perfectly, so good infact I got my Zumo out and loaded it onto that as well which also worked great.

I loaded the 2011.30 gmap folder onto the SD card in the zumo to bring home with me so I could load it onto my computer, but for some reason I cant get it to show up in MS.
    I have updated CN legitimatly from Garmin twice before and therefore have 3 old versions of CN in the "maps" folder plus now the "new" version, but the new one wont show up in the drop down list in MS. I see the older version folders have a lot more info inside than the newly downloaded version from this thread.

I am intrigued as to why it worked on my dads computer but not mine when I have done exactly the same procedure. I have MS 6.16.3 and I'm pretty confident that would have been the same version on dads computer as I checked for updates after setting up MS and before downloading CN.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Last edited by joe blow; 22-01-11 at 05:34 PM.

Thanks

Anyone noticed anything new in this new map?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe blow View Post
    I was recently away at my dads and he asked me if I knew how to put an updated CN map into his Nuvi.
    I downloaded MS from garmin using the "training centre" method and then downloaded "MapSouce Unlocked" from this thread and followed the instructions. Everything worked perfectly, CN 2011.30 showed up in MS and I transfered it onto his Nuvi which again worked perfectly, so good infact I got my Zumo out and loaded it onto that as well which also worked great.

I loaded the 2011.30 gmap folder onto the SD card in the zumo to bring home with me so I could load it onto my computer, but for some reason I cant get it to show up in MS.
    I have updated CN legitimatly from Garmin twice before and therefore have 3 old versions of CN in the "maps" folder plus now the "new" version, but the new one wont show up in the drop down list in MS. I see the older version folders have a lot more info inside than the newly downloaded version from this thread.

I am intrigued as to why it worked on my dads computer but not mine when I have done exactly the same procedure. I have MS 6.16.3 and I'm pretty confident that would have been the same version on dads computer as I checked for updates after setting up MS and before downloading CN.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

You only have the img file not the Mapsource files so it won't show up
    you need to download all the Mapsource files like you did on your father's computer
    If you can't run with the DOGS, Stay on the Porch

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenA View Post
    Anyone noticed anything new in this new map?
    Couple of things, but a major intersection at Bribie Island Rd Caboolture is still showing a roundabout when it's been a set of lights for over 12 months. Longer than the Clem7 tunnel has been open which showed up on the 2011.20 maps
    If you can't run with the DOGS, Stay on the Porch

Thanks

I am very new to Germin map update and installation. Can I installed in Nuvi250W to Austalian map 2011?

How to start to do. Could you please guide me steps by steps.

Thanks ahead

mg

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaclone View Post
    Couple of things, but a major intersection at Bribie Island Rd Caboolture is still showing a roundabout when it's been a set of lights for over 12 months. Longer than the Clem7 tunnel has been open which showed up on the 2011.20 maps
    Does Garmin put out a list of what updates have been added to a map? I've never been able to find anything.

Thanks

Thank You...the only way I could get a CRC error free download, was to buy RS points?

Thanks

Hi

Does this updated map work with

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Smile Help!

Does this map work with hollowmans tutorial?

Thanks in advance.

G