Thread: Really dumb beginner's question

Thanks

Default Really dumb beginner's question

Hi All,

I got my DSD4121 today. I plugged my dish in (I have been an Aurora user for many years now) and tried a satellite scan, but nothing happens. It just sits there scanning forever.

I really don't know what I should be looking for, but the settings on the box are currently:

Satellite Installation
    Frequency 12567
    S/R 30000
    FEC 3/5
    Polarisation Vert

LNB Setup
    Type Single
    LNB Frequency 12728

Signal Detection 86%

Do I need to change any of the above settings?

I thought from what I have read that I should at least be able to receive ABC and SBS while waiting for my card to be activated.....is this correct?

Sorry for what are probably pretty dumb questions, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 61gerry View Post
    Hi All,

I got my DSD4121 today. I plugged my dish in (I have been an Aurora user for many years now) and tried a satellite scan, but nothing happens. It just sits there scanning forever.

I really don't know what I should be looking for, but the settings on the box are currently:

Satellite Installation
    Frequency 12567
    S/R 30000
    FEC 3/5
    Polarisation Vert

LNB Setup
    Type Single
    LNB Frequency 12728

Signal Detection 86%

Do I need to change any of the above settings?

I thought from what I have read that I should at least be able to receive ABC and SBS while waiting for my card to be activated.....is this correct?

Sorry for what are probably pretty dumb questions, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
    The LNB frequency must match that of the LNB you are using, either 11300 or 10700.

Others using a universal LNB have had problems and needed to replace it with a 10700.

Also, there are reports that many of the new VAST decoders do not have ABC/SBS pre-enabled and that you need to register the decoder & smartcard and have activation approved, before the decoder will operate.

Assuming your existing dish/LNB installation is set up correctly, any or all of the above may be the problem.

Thanks

Default More info

I have checked my current Aurora box, and it's frequency is set 12728...? Also, when I set the time zone on the new box it doesn't pick up the correct time. Don't know if this helps, or means anything....!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Cool

I have checked my current Aurora box, and it's frequency is set 12728...? Also, when I set the time zone on the new box it doesn't pick up the correct time. Don't know if this helps, or means anything....!
    As advised above, LNB Frequencies should be 10700, but may be 11300 from your Aurora setup, but should still work.

12728 V
    tp 10
    DVB-S
    Irdeto 1
    Irdeto 2
    24450-1/2
    105-8

NA
    42-50
    Benhsau
    That is the transponder Frequency, not the LNB Oscillator Frequency.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Thanks

Default Success

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried changing the frequency but had no luck on the satellite scan. Eventually I gave up, did a 'factory reset' and when it rebooted it worked!....well, up to a point. It did a big software upgrade. I was then able to access the TV guide, but the only channel that actually worked was ABC3. I suppose I need to wait for my card to be authorised now. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. It's nice to know there are people out there willing to provide assistance. Much appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried changing the frequency but had no luck on the satellite scan. Eventually I gave up, did a 'factory reset' and when it rebooted it worked!....well, up to a point. It did a big software upgrade. I was then able to access the TV guide, but the only channel that actually worked was ABC3. I suppose I need to wait for my card to be authorised now. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. It's nice to know there are people out there willing to provide assistance. Much appreciated.

Could be a long wait unless you ring up for authorisation for your location or quote your Aurora card No.
    Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Thanks

It should eventually download another update, then you will have the Info Channel (800), and all ABC & SBS Channels.
    Obviously the commercial channels will come through when the box is activated.

Cheers.