Thread: Geutebruck DVR

Thanks

Default Geutebruck DVR

Does anyone have any experience with the Geutebruck DVR range?

Just after some feedback/reviews.

Specifically the Reporter/Geviscope models..

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by techsquare07 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the Geutebruck DVR range?

Just after some feedback/reviews.

Specifically the Reporter/Geviscope models..
    I have installed, serviced and maintained them, what do you need to know?

Thanks

What is your general opinion of them? Are they user friendly for both the operator and installer? Are they reliable?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techsquare07 View Post
    What is your general opinion of them? Are they user friendly for both the operator and installer? Are they reliable?
    They are the Ferrari of the DVR world in respect to R&D that has gone into them, there is nothing I don't think they can not do. They are fairly simple to get your head around if you have PC Building skills as they are PC based with XP OS. They work on a layer system, where you can buy the DVR as a base unit then add on extras for e.g.

POS interface
    ATM interface
    Access Control
    Alarm System Interface
    Multi Map
    Software development kit
    Email interface
    Internet interface
    Database interface Network interfaces
    Remote interface
    Public interface
    BMS interface

The price tag that comes with these units are fairly priced for the technology that has gone into these units. Plenty of these units in the Government sector.

I have yet to find a DVR that comes close in performance.

GeviScopes handle approx 800fps = 25fps x 32 channels. (recording) and 200fps in live view. As for reliability, the only things that I had to service after install was HDD failure which is acceptable due to the HDD being the only mechanical part in these units. I had one MultiScope II, which was the earlier model, run for 6 years without a hiccup until I powered down the unit. Upon power up the Master HDD (Boot Drive) failed to start.

Thanks

HDD's on DVR's get absolutley flogged! constantly read/write!
    Thats awesome, 6 years!

I come from the land with the ice and snow!
    Thanks

They're the best you can have.

It's just a shame that non-techs (ie, end users) don't think/realise this. (They're expensive, but thats a given, given that they're the Ferrari of DVR's).

They're a dream to run / service. Very well built and a very comprehensive interface to boot.

They do seem a little daunting to those techs who aren't into computers as much. If thats the case for a tech though, all they need is a day to sit and play around with one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyDancer View Post
    They're the best you can have.

It's just a shame that non-techs (ie, end users) don't think/realise this. (They're expensive, but thats a given, given that they're the Ferrari of DVR's).

They're a dream to run / service. Very well built and a very comprehensive interface to boot.

They do seem a little daunting to those techs who aren't into computers as much. If thats the case for a tech though, all they need is a day to sit and play around with one.
    Thats the problem these days, there is not enough education in the CCTV field for people to understand the technology that goes into the equipment out there. It's all about the $$$ and it's a shame that an industry like our should be $$$ focused, I mean can you put a price on security?

Fair enough the DVR may be worth $10K but 6 yrs without a hiccup compared to a $3K DVR that fails after 12 months, do the math.

I still believe this forum should support CCTV more, we have a security alarms section but a CCTV section will not only be an educational resource but only one of few that exists.

DVD modifications section only has 6 threads, I have posted double that on CCTV in this section. I mean do we really need to MOD our DVD players nowadays considering all the DVD ripping and recoding software available?

Thanks

Yeah, definitely not enough informed choices being made about CCTV. Actually, I don't think its even being utilised to its full potential out here. (Take a look at england with their fixed CCTV cameras, most of them are ANPR enabled, whereas we only have cops who set up ANPR traps occasionally).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyDancer View Post
    Yeah, definitely not enough informed choices being made about CCTV. Actually, I don't think its even being utilised to its full potential out here. (Take a look at england with their fixed CCTV cameras, most of them are ANPR enabled, whereas we only have cops who set up ANPR traps occasionally).
    I agree, I have already written up on the cost effectiveness of using Mega pixel technology have a read...

This thread shows that because it is new technology doesn't necessarily mean it's more expensive...

Thanks

The unfortunate thing is that people arent willing to pay the dough fellas. Everyone wants the cheapest and needs it installed yesterday.

Its a shame in a lot of ways cause theres a lot of shit out there

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
    The unfortunate thing is that people arent willing to pay the dough fellas. Everyone wants the cheapest and needs it installed yesterday.

Its a shame in a lot of ways cause theres a lot of shit out there
    So true. Well, most of the general public aren't too educated on this. (Paying for quality).

There's usually only one way they'll learn though, and thats by buying the cheaper option, and experiencing the pitfalls first hand. I've seen it time and again.

Thank god for Pacom's range of DVR's. Very good bang for buck, that's easy to sell!

Thanks

Had a play with the new GeViScope at the show today, very impressed with the level of intelligence they integrated in their client/viewing software.

The software called GscView incorporates a new technology called DLS (Dynamic Live Streaming). By implementing DLS, the video server itself, generates and transmits the data required by the viewing software's display. This is achieved by constantly sending information to the compression hardware on the window size and format required by the viewer for each channel.

This method of streaming results in a substantial reduction in bandwith usage, up to 70% less in some cases. There is also less data to process, which allows each video server to run a greater number of screens. All this is done without compromising the actual images recorded.

DLS also provides faster picture rates and smoother playback, while the low latency MPEG4CCTV compression codec process enhances operational capability by enabling the control of speed dome cameras, which in my experience, many DVR's struggle with.

There are so much more features I can talk about, but DLS is what stood out for me on the GeViScope. Another example that not all DVR's are created equal.

Thanks

Ok so how do we get a CCTV forum in here...does anyone know the admin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cctv_down_under View Post
    Ok so how do we get a CCTV forum in here...does anyone know the admin
    Welcome back, down under.

Have spoken to admin, it has just fallen on deaf ears. You can give it a go, I have tried.

Thanks

send me an email.... seriously george, your about the most CCTV intelligent person i have met, there are so many shoddy installs and by reputable companies....I think a forum is a great idea...what if we start a poll and start to spread the word

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cctv_down_under View Post
    what if we start a poll and start to spread the word
    Like I said mate, been there done that... Have a read.