Thread: BluRay 3D player???

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default BluRay 3D player???

My friend in New Zealand told me Hardly Normal is advertising a 3D BluRay player for $300 TO $400 .
    From what he was saying this is dearer than other BluRay players that have been available because of the 3D playback capabilty.
    Excuse my ignorance but I thought it was the disc that had the 3D component recorded on it and it could be played on any BluRay player and it was that information from the disc sent to a 3D capable TV and it displayed the 3D image?

Is this another bit of 'Creative' advertising like they used to say 'PayTV' or 'Digital TV' ready for TV stes or are there two types of DVD players available ??
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

a 3d bluray player need to be able to play a resolution of 3840(1920* 2) by 1080 or 1920 by 2160 (1080 * 2) so when the 2 veiws are combined you get a full hd (1920 * 1080) picture, the info is on the disc but normal bluray players cant handle the resolution of full hd 3d. now if the picture is half that basically (2*960)*1080 (which is what they call side by side) then the bluray player is not needed and the tv will do it all for you.

so if you wanted to play 3d off a normal bluray player you would have to convert the 3d bluray to side by side then burn to bluray, but you will loose half the resolution. The broadcasted 3d is half resolution.
    Stop being so stupid.. it’s my turn!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ageno2gen1 For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (16-01-11)

Thanks

n a side note, a few blu ray movies of 15GB+ i have been downloading and playing as MKV converted or even a SL BR DVD with a movie burnt to it looks a little grainy to me, compare - say that, to a full HC connection of my desktop monitor to my TV and there's a noticable difference. I also noticed a CRAPLOAD of blu ray moves from stores when ripped are like DL movies, though i wont buy too many DL discs because of the cost, yet downloading something of normal blu ray size, or even soem direct copies really don't look all that flash for 1080 FULL HD...

RoOSTA

Thanks

Hi ,..
    Panasonic's DMP-BDT350 was the best 3D Blu-ray player we saw at CES 2010, as its dual HDMI outputs make it easier to integrate with existing AV receivers.

regards,..