Thread: Another sat finder question

Thanks

Default Another sat finder question

Hi all,

I've been following various threads because i'm after a satellite finder/meter which will power the LNB to make it easier to set up my Optus dish when traveling in the caravan. At the moment i use one of those cheap meters which needs to be powered by the decoder. The wife sits in front of the screen to tell me if i'm on the C1 satellite cos it gets a signal.

I was looking at 1 of those finder/meters on Ebay for about $120. Does anybody have any comments about them? I'll only ever be using it to find the C1 so don't want to spend too much. I want something to speed the process up and not have to worry about the wife telling me it's green etc. She can look after the bub or cook dinner while im doing the important things like setting up the sat dish so i can watch the footy from the middle of the Tanami.

The options i have are below. I questioned the sellers and they are reluctant to say if the meter will find the C1. Unsure why? They both have signal meters for signal strength and satellite info can be manually input. And it has a small screen which will show the Optus info and shopping channel which suits me fine for setting up purposes.

Or

Let me know what you think? Bare in mind this will only ever be used for setting up a portable dish when traveling or realigning the house dish after cyclone has been though up here in the Pilbara.

Thank you for your advice in advance.
    Last edited by merchant; 17-01-11 at 01:34 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The cheap satellite finder should easily find C1. Just make sure it is behind the dish. It should only take a couple of minutes - on your own - and voila!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink

G'Day Cobber,
    If you understand what you are doing, the el Cheapos are usually adequate.

If you insist, this may better suit your needs.

Kindest Regard, " The Druid ".