Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to install a new map on any TomTom model from scratch. Easy-to-follow steps!

Thanks

ok i figured it i have to download tomtom home on my pc first,
    however according to some googling

1. plug your tomtom to computer

2. run tomtom HOME

3. "Operate my tomtom" in HOME

that download your profile files...then shutdown tomtom home and patch it

That is only reason why you patch it, you can operate tomtom with HOME...

If you patch only HOME you can run it anywhere...

------------------------
    when i click on operate my tomtom in home, I get screen saying
    you can't use this map on this device Australia254 i used this map Australia Map 860.3101

Thanks

heheheeh after that screen, I just closed tomtom home and patched it worked and its all good

thanks man!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hashoom View Post
    ok i figured it i have to download tomtom home on my pc first,
    however according to some googling

1. plug your tomtom to computer

2. run tomtom HOME

3. "Operate my tomtom" in HOME

that download your profile files...then shutdown tomtom home and patch it

That is only reason why you patch it, you can operate tomtom with HOME...
    That's correct. To patch Home, first run TomTom Home, go to the "Operate" function. This will create the dll profile needed in Home. Close TomTom Home. Only then do you patch Home by running FastActivate.exe and press TomTom HOME.

Well done in getting it all working!
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 925.5412, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 925.5412, Bootloader: 5.5244

Thanks

thanks mate, do you have a guide to setup the speed camera alerts? im kind of noob in this and i need step by step guide if there is any that would be good

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hashoom View Post
    thanks mate, do you have a guide to setup the speed camera alerts? im kind of noob in this and i need step by step guide if there is any that would be good
    In the menu, go to TomTom or Live Services - Safety Alerts - Change warning preferences. You can preview and select the warning sounds there.
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 925.5412, Bootloader: 5.5244

Thanks

Unhappy

Hi i have done everything from your post i have downloaded the Australia map and have extracted it from winrar to a folder i have created in the tomtom drive. I have then run the fast auto activate and everything seems fine, it says patched, etc etc but still it says no maps on my device. I dont know what i am doing wrong.

When you say the root what does this actually mean??? Am i extracting the files from winrar and not puttin them in the correct place?

Please help me. I would be very very gratefull as its annoying me why it wont work or am i being stupid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjmwlove View Post
    Hi i have done everything from your post i have downloaded the Australia map and have extracted it from winrar to a folder i have created in the tomtom drive. I have then run the fast auto activate and everything seems fine, it says patched, etc etc but still it says no maps on my device. I dont know what i am doing wrong.

When you say the root what does this actually mean??? Am i extracting the files from winrar and not puttin them in the correct place?

Please help me. I would be very very gratefull as its annoying me why it wont work or am i being stupid.
    It's difficult to work out where you've gone wrong, as I'll only be guessing which step(s) you've done incorrectly. If you can write down step by step what you have done exactly, in your own words and as detailed as possible, then we should be able to solve it for you.

The "root of the device" means simply on the device's drive (while looking at Windows Explorer or My Computer). Root just means directly on the drive's directory, not in a folder.

Thanks

Smile Thanks so much for all your help!!!!

Hi,

I have managed to get it working i dont know eactly what i did but i tried it a different way i made a folder in my device drive and used your step by step guide and advice. Thanks for all your help LEMONFISH i dont know what i would have done without you!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjmwlove View Post
    Hi,

I have managed to get it working i dont know eactly what i did but i tried it a different way i made a folder in my device drive and used your step by step guide and advice. Thanks for all your help LEMONFISH i dont know what i would have done without you!!!!!!!!!!
    GOOD JOB LOVE!
    Glad you got it all sorted out.

Thanks

Hi lemonfish.

I'm using the second procedure you've shared.

I have Navcore 8.351. Do you still recommend using map 860.3101?

PS I'm trying to return my GO730 to factory settings so I can sell it.

Thanx.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skywalka View Post
    Hi lemonfish.

I'm using the second procedure you've shared.

I have Navcore 8.351. Do you still recommend using map 860.3101?

PS I'm trying to return my GO730 to factory settings so I can sell it.

Thanx.
    The latest full featured IQ map at present is 865.3245. As you can see from my current signature, I also own a GO730, running the official 8.351 navcore with the 865.3245 map.

I have since made a new tutorial for the v865 map, which you can find here:

Note that the new v870 maps should be out very soon.

• The Following User Says Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post:

skywalka (09-05-11)

• 08-05-11, 04:27 PM

Reason
    Spam

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jojaankevin View Post
    TomTom ONE have the SD card slot on the bottom with the map loaded on a SD card. The TomTom ONE 3rd edition does not have the SD card slot.
    Hope this helps
    same old china spammer... diff name, same sig spam

Thanks

G'day All,

As you can see I'm new to these forums, so please bare with me.

I've just given Lemonfish's steps ago on my TT Go 950 with the Australia maps (870_3413) and the patching etc... all went as planned. However, when I launched the TT after patching I had two Australia maps, two New Zealand maps etc... Basically all the maps seemed to have been duplicated. Not to mention that the map versions had not been updated.

Now, I didn't install these onto the internal memory of the device. I stalled these to the 8GB Micro SD I have for my device. Also, I made sure that I had removed (deleted) the older 'Australia' maps from the SD...

So as you can see I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

If anyone could assist me in resolving this issue it would be much appreciated.

Keep up the good work guys,

Thanks in advanced!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The.Captain View Post
    G'day All,

As you can see I'm new to these forums, so please bare with me.

I've just given Lemonfish's steps ago on my TT Go 950 with the Australia maps (870_3413) and the patching etc... all went as planned. However, when I launched the TT after patching I had two Australia maps, two New Zealand maps etc... Basically all the maps seemed to have been duplicated. Not to mention that the map versions had not been updated.

Now, I didn't install these onto the internal memory of the device. I stalled these to the 8GB Micro SD I have for my device. Also, I made sure that I had removed (deleted) the older 'Australia' maps from the SD...

So as you can see I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

If anyone could assist me in resolving this issue it would be much appreciated.

Keep up the good work guys,

Thanks in advanced!
    Since this tutorial is a bit outdated, use the most recent one here:

Make sure you use the Australia 870.3406 map. This is the recommended full featured IQ map that works with all navcores 8.2xx or higher.
    (The 870.3413 map has slightly less features and requires navcore 9.02x or higher).

Thanks

Thanks for your quick reply Lemonfish.

In fact I've just finished following the steps listed by yourself in the suggested tutorial.
    I didn't get an error message this time. But I'm just curious, does the system tell you that the maps have been updated? My system is still saying it's on the older maps.

Thanks again,

Cheers!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The.Captain View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply Lemonfish.

In fact I've just finished following the steps listed by yourself in the suggested tutorial.
    I didn't get an error message this time. But I'm just curious, does the system tell you that the maps have been updated? My system is still saying it's on the older maps.

Thanks again,

Cheers!
    If you have removed the older maps and left only the v870 maps in your device, then logically your TomTom should display the latest v870 map under Version info.

Note that you can also switch maps in the menu.
    Last edited by lemonfish; 05-06-11 at 01:43 AM.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Now they're working.

I did know you could change maps in the menu, but I didn't know that the older Australian map will remain there.

Is it at all possible to remove the older Australian map from the selection?

Also, I still have duplications of both Europe and New Zealand.

Cheers!
    Last edited by The.Captain; 05-06-11 at 01:55 AM.

Thanks

Default clean install

Hello,

I did all the clean install things that you mentioned, I installed both USA-CAN map and Turkey map together, it went well at first that I could able to choose map and then it stuck on the start-up screen. US-Can-Mex map was already on GPS before installing new Turkey map. I backed up the US-Can-Mex map before the format and put both maps on GPS and did what you told to do so. I am now formatting the GPS again, btw it is Tomtom XXL IQ route edition. Thank you all btw for useful information in the forum.

thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samsara78 View Post
    Hello,

I did all the clean install things that you mentioned, I installed both USA-CAN map and Turkey map together, it went well at first that I could able to choose map and then it stuck on the start-up screen. US-Can-Mex map was already on GPS before installing new Turkey map. I backed up the US-Can-Mex map before the format and put both maps on GPS and did what you told to do so. I am now formatting the GPS again, btw it is Tomtom XXL IQ route edition. Thank you all btw for useful information in the forum.

thanks
    Since this tutorial is out of date, look at the following tutorial which is for the latest v870 maps:

VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure you use the latest version of FastActivate Premium 1.8.7.0, because the older versions do not work properly with the latest maps.

Another thing that may need to be done is to temporarily remove the file mapsettings.cfg found in the map folder(s), which can cause rebooting problems.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12