Thread: Austar transpost stream changed?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Default Austar transpost stream changed?

Just trying to throw ideas around. It appears that gammas and legit subs are working because you get the green 'I' on the info bar on a Dreambox.
    Chatting with mates they reckon the transport stream may of been changed.
    Could there of been a codec type over the air firmware change made to the Austar boxes to accomodate this? It wouldn't of been a big update because a mates Austar box hadn't been used for a couple of months and it came to life with his sub fairly quickly.

Leroy

Look Here ->
    Thanks

there was an update earlier this week or late last week(Happened to someone i knows box), you may be on the right track here.

Thanks

Has anyone tried scanning for an OTA update?

Thanks

Yeah, I think it's a stream change, Dreambox was working fine till last night, plugged in the sub box with sub card, and had pics in minutes. Put the sub card back in the Dreambox, get the ecm messages and Green "I" - but no pics. Tried various Cam versions- no joy. Maybe need an updated Cam to fix this - anyone working on it . Just had my DM7020 working like a Dream till now..

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

Would dumping the Austar box firmware to a computer before and after the update happened and comparing them help?

Thanks

When I plugged my Au* box plus sub card back in, it actually took about 1hr to show pics. Heaps of E30 msgs. Should I still leave my whitey plugged in?

HAKMAN

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pheggie View Post
    Would dumping the Austar box firmware to a computer before and after the update happened and comparing them help?
    yep sure would - include the eeprom as well as the flash just remove the box serial number from the eeprom bin

as all the working provider boxes have been addressed via the decoders serial number rather than via an OTA update and the perfect place to hide a new box key is within the eeprom

Thanks

What frequency and PID are the Austar OTA updates on?
    ag
    Energy is the father of creation

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agarol View Post
    What frequency and PID are the Austar OTA updates on?
    ag
    channel 101 or tv1 this is the right one , not sure of freq as at work right now . but guy think were on the right track here . seems the only problem we have is the cam wont talk to the crapstar steam not the card it self . have tried an old pace box , uec , strong ( all versions )

do have a old crapstart box but cant figure out how to change the lnb to 10700 , it only has an option for lnb power on/ off and cant change freq either any help would be great .

can we somehow change the serial numbers on our boxes to fool the ota update into flashing a strong cam ? could be way off here smack me on the back of the head if I am . ( oooch )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adamg26 View Post
    channel 101 or tv1 this is the right one , not sure of freq as at work right now . but guy think were on the right track here . seems the only problem we have is the cam wont talk to the crapstar steam not the card it self . have tried an old pace box , uec , strong ( all versions )

do have a old crapstart box but cant figure out how to change the lnb to 10700 , it only has an option for lnb power on/ off and cant change freq either any help would be great .

can we somehow change the serial numbers on our boxes to fool the ota update into flashing a strong cam ? could be way off here smack me on the back of the head if I am . ( oooch )
    I don't want to be a smart ass but , if you can't chane your LNB number on your box , just try another LNB with 11300....... if you got one

Bitola

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adamg26 View Post

What model?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mandc View Post
    What model?
    Lol , Sorry should have posted that , will post tomorrow , will check tonight . is there a fix for these old models ?

regards

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bitola View Post
    I don't want to be a smart ass but , if you can't chane your LNB number on your box , just try another LNB with 11300....... if you got one

Bitola

Yeah thought of that but by then had had a few to drink and was "told" by the missus that "your not going up there, What happens if you fall , Remember tonight is our special night " , AN I"M NOT DOING ALL THE WORK " she said Lol , so guess who won that one ! . lol

Might try that when I get home if it not raning , Live in fnq and well rain hasnt stopped in months