Thread: Stumped

Thanks

Default Stumped

I've made two new copies of Primo 1.1 with Vladgrand's data file v2.3, one for my 7" hand held unit and one for the 2DIN unit in the Patrol.
    Both cards work in the hand held but for some reason I can't work out, the 2DIN unit comes up with an error message saying it can't find the global_cfg file.
    I'm sure it's something staring me in the face but can't see it, anybody got any clues?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

don't suppose the problem is a different path to the sdcard? Some devices call it SDMMC, some SDCARD etc.

Thanks

Default Stumped

Hi geograzza,
    Thanx for your interest but I had the nav path covered as the unit plays dumb until you set the path.
    Got it working by trashing the sys tex file, same one that works OK in the hand held job. Maybe a differnt baud rate.
    So working well and finding sats without any sys tex. Guess I'll wait and see how it goes.

Thanks

Most of the time Primo will find the correct port and baud rate without setting it in sys.txt. The problem you were originally having was probably being caused by an incorrect path setting in sys.txt. Removing the file obviously resolved that problem. Too often you will find entries that will work for one person's set up but not another's. Its always best to add stuff to sys.txt only if you need a particular function as lot's of stuff you find in some versions is the default anyway and is simply not needed.

Cheers, Ian
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Jards88 For This Useful Post:

letrabob (25-01-11)