Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C&K System 236 help...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alarmman View Post
    Just out of interest, who suggested to either replace or disconnect (bypass) the tamper switch? You or the technician? I hope it wasn't the technician, as he should know better than that. Bypassing the tamper switch lowers the overall security of the installation - why would you compromise the security of the premises (and possibly breach Australian Standards) when weather-proof, reed style tamper switches are now readily available (eg Bosch), are reliable and will continue to provide a first line-of-defence against physical attack.
    My bet is yet another cowboy suggested the disconnect. I cant wait for the day the donkeys like that have their licences revoked for such rubbish.

Thanks

Whilst I do not advocate removing faulty siren tampers altogether, and habitually specify them, I wonder whether they are still significant in unmanned residential applications.

A siren running barely attracts attention these days so I wonder whether the criminals care that much they'd risk being spotted on the outside of the building, rather than just getting on with the robbery and GTFO.

There's no question they are a maintenance headache, although I acknowledge that the magnetic ones are likely to present less headache than the mechanical style. Similarly, a monitored horn speaker connection, such that there's no chance of component failure but if the siren is cut, it will still trigger an alarm.

Aside from anecdotes, has anyone got any hard experience with siren housings being tampered with prior to a crime?
    Last edited by downunderdan; 14-07-11 at 12:19 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

I've had 3 in 15 yrs. Every one of them was mounted in a position that made them easily accessable.

Thanks

Default Well, Mate....

[QUOTE=MJK KESO;403162]I've installed a few of the C&K panels back in the 90's, 238 & 236 and always had great success with them.

If you are in need, believe it or not, I have several NEW never used C&K 236 Panels. They come with 1ea keypad.

They are still a GREAT panel for light-weight jobs.
    I have 3 up in operation right now and never a problem.

I have 5 new .....DT450TC units but no box. You want to send me the box, or would you like me to send you the detectors? I can't find any decent systems in the US anymore.

Thanks

Default Panel 238

Hi - i am in a jam with my C&K 238 panel and was hoping you could help if you are still out there? I am the original owner - user and I did not turn on the installer lockout. I made a key in error and for some reason it is not letting me use the installer code. I know exactly what I keyed in when I changed the user code - PLEASE help if you are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by WIDEMR View Post
    There are several ways to default the installer code and the whole system.

1st, power the panel down for min then power up again (this depending on how the panel is programmed may reset the installer code) see if the default installer code works 012345 * 0 # if all the power, service and power lights flash then your in programming, to exit press * and #

2nd If that dosent work, power the panel down, short the 2 solder tabs JP1 (top of board, sorta middle IRRC) keep it shorted as you power the panel up, hold it shorted for about 10 secs then remove the short, then try the default installer code (WARNING - this will default the WHOLE panel includign the installer code, but if the option 'installer lock out' is turned on, this will NOT defualt the installer code, so your left with a defaulted panel you cant program!)

3rd If you do the above and still locked out, if you have a version 2 chip in the panel, yes you can use a version 1 chip (know as default chip) by powerign down, putting in ver1 chip, do 2nd step above and will work, then power down and put the ver2 chip back in

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12