Thread: Jukebox MDF Design.

Thanks

Default Jukebox MDF Design.

after some good plans for a jukebox with 5 buttons hooked to a modified keyboard and a 15" LCD screen/amp and speakers anyone have one or will I have to desing one myself? going to make a video Jukebox
    ---------------------------------------------------
    3 x 90CM Hills Offset, 1.2M Aluminium Offset, 1.2M Offset,
    1.7M Offset.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

You may want to look on as they have lots of cabinet designs mostly arcade though, but why not design yourself? Depending on how big you want it if space is an issue. I have seen some guys on the net in the States and Europe that do replica type designs but never saw any plans for them. I myself would prefer a touch screen kiosk type when I get around to making onemyself
    “I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night.”

Thanks

Hi mate, Ive made about 6 jukeboxes, But I have not made a video jukebox. What software will you use? I looked at doing one but couldn't find any good software to cue up tracks while watching the video of the current song. I think you will need 2 screens, one to scroll through the track list and add songs to the que and another to play the video.
    I use Albumplayer for the software on my audio jukeboxes, Ive tried heaps of other ones and it is the best.
    I install them in homes, wall mount a 21 inch HP touch screen, install the computer in the roof space and install a wall plate for the power/usb plug. Then cable the audio to their home theater amp.

My current project is a stand alone Jukebox/Karaoke machine. I couldn't find plans to fit the amp + speaker setup with Sub. So I just made up my own design.
    It's pretty solid, made from 16mm MDF, on castor wheels, covered in speaker carpet.
    I'll post up a pic for ya.

Cheers,
    Nando.
    Last edited by nando; 05-02-11 at 10:18 AM.
    Go to Google Maps and click “Get Directions.” Get directions leading from China to Taiwan, and look at instruction #48.

Thanks

Cheers,
    Nando.
    Go to Google Maps and click “Get Directions.” Get directions leading from China to Taiwan, and look at instruction #48.

Thanks

I'll be covering the whole top panel with perspex and installing a stainless steel trackball through it:

Don't want some drunk fwit (probably me) spilling a drink all over the screen. :P

Cheers,
    Nando.

• The Following User Says Thank You to nando For This Useful Post:

BillyGoat (05-02-11)

Thanks

this program supports video and karaoke on the 1 screen. Etouch is $25 but you can dry the demo to see if it suits.

This guy supplies flatpacks so you can look at whats available.

No affiliation with either but easy guys to deal with

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nando View Post
    Sorry to butt in, but what's that little round thing on the wall faceplate next to the HDMI socket?

Thanks

Wall plate has a power button for the computer that is installed inside the roof space. It's also not a HDMI socket, it's a USB socket so the owner can just plug in a usb stick and copy new songs onto the system.

Cheers,
    Nando.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acejas View Post

this program supports video and karaoke on the 1 screen. Etouch is $25 but you can dry the demo to see if it suits.

This guy supplies flatpacks so you can look at whats available.

No affiliation with either but easy guys to deal with

Yeah I had a look at freebox jukebox, I don't like the design/layout of the screen.
    I also just had a read in their forums and the only way to do video properly is to have 2 screens, one showing the video fullscreen while the other one can still be used to select songs while the video is playing.
    Last edited by nando; 05-02-11 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks

Default Jukre

Quote Originally Posted by nando View Post
    Hi mate, Ive made about 6 jukeboxes, But I have not made a video jukebox. What software will you use? I looked at doing one but couldn't find any good software to cue up tracks while watching the video of the current song. I think you will need 2 screens, one to scroll through the track list and add songs to the que and another to play the video.
    I use Albumplayer for the software on my audio jukeboxes, Ive tried heaps of other ones and it is the best.
    I install them in homes, wall mount a 21 inch HP touch screen, install the computer in the roof space and install a wall plate for the power/usb plug. Then cable the audio to their home theater amp.

My current project is a stand alone Jukebox/Karaoke machine. I couldn't find plans to fit the amp + speaker setup with Sub. So I just made up my own design.
    It's pretty solid, made from 16mm MDF, on castor wheels, covered in speaker carpet.
    I'll post up a pic for ya.

Cheers,
    Nando.
    you can use the same boxes with a S-Video or Composite Output using a PC or Laptop with a secondary video output.

U want to use aussiejuke its free and it works with a coin acceptor.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    3 x 90CM Hills Offset, 1.2M Aluminium Offset, 1.2M Offset,
    1.7M Offset.