Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [WA]: Places to buy Hardware??

Thanks

Default [WA]: Places to buy Hardware??

Hi Guys!

First of all thanks everyone for tons & tons invaluable info on satellite systems. I am about to take the plunge and am looking at options to DIY due to budget constraints.

Just wondering if there are any recommended retailers, online or not, based in Perth i can purchase directly from?

After looking thru the numerous threads, i have found these two mentioned several times,

(Perth)

(Qld/Vic)

The reason why i am requesting specifically from WA, is that i would prefer a local installer (any recommedations anyone used??) do the dish install & alignment (as im after a motorized 2.4m unit), and also shipping costs from over east say for a 2.4m dish would not be as cheap as delivery locally.

I have pretty much combed thru the Newbie/General/Decoders/Dreambox & FTA threads and have a rough idea what i want. Any suggestions on where and who to approach would be greatly appreciated!

Aim is to have a good reliable signal primarily(but not limited to) towards Measat 3, to receive Astro Malaysia, with a valid sub card on a DM500s.

Thanks in advance!!

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Norsat, welshpool.........

Thanks

The Mod Shop is pretty good i hear.

Thanks

Ask for Matt at Sciteq he will be able to help you out.
    What would you do if your server was stolen or failed beyond repair?
    http://www.2000cn.com.au/shadowprotect.html

Thanks

49 Great eastern hwy Rivervale WA
    or
    2 Commodore drive Rockingham WA

8.30am - 5pm Monday to Saturday
    Here is one i found on ebay, sounds pretty good, prices seem to be quite decent.... Not sure of the location being close to you or not...

1/2 way between C1 & D2 inclined @ 2.4 deg
    Thanks

Have been dealing with this guy for the past 8 years. Knows his stuff real well and in my experience, the price is right.

Operates from Osborne Park, doesn't do too much advertising I noticed so I guess that's why he is pretty competitive- word of mouth means a lot.

good luck

Thanks

Sciteq is a solid supplier - got my Relook200s from there.

KK

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HyperZ View Post

Aim is to have a good reliable signal primarily(but not limited to) towards Measat 3, to receive Astro Malaysia, with a valid sub card on a DM500s.

Thanks in advance!!
    Astro Malaysia is on KU band. Not sure where you are in WA but I don't think you will be able to receive it although you will never know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patella80 View Post
    Astro Malaysia is on KU band. Not sure where you are in WA but I don't think you will be able to receive it although you will never know.
    The new dish will be setup in Atwell, WA.

I have organized a DM500s for testing purposes thru one of the ebay sellers last week. I have mates with dishes in Canning Vale, Kardinya and Booragoon so ill swap their FTA STB with the DM500s (Hopefully with PLi configured otherwise i have more fiddling to do hehe) and give that a go with the Astro Sub.

I believe Astro are currently on Mediaguard2/Seca, with plans to move onto ND$ ...

Should that be the case, based on several threads i read with F0X73l (ND$) & CCcAM (Not CSing on DM500s), the card needs to be placed back in the UEC/PACE box every now and then?? Do you guys think that will be the case with the Astro Sub?

On the other hand, i read somewhere else if using NewCS + CCcam the valid Astro Sub card will update itself, but there will be breaks & pixelation of some sort?

So if Astro remains on Mediaguard/Seca, it should be fine with any SoftCAM on DM500s, however say in xx mths time if they change to ND$, would it be correct to say that ill use ccCAM to view everything normally, and when/if it doesnt work, start changing config to hav ea combination of NewCS + CCcam and leave it overnight and *hope* it will update the legit card??

Apologies if im all over the place, i have info scattered all over my brains too! hehehe

This is all so exciting, and btw, if you guys cant already tell, im doing this for the fun of it (need a challenge every now and then) rather than commercial purposes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z80 View Post
    The Mod Shop is pretty good i hear.
    I actually rang Mod shop, but the guy i spoke to (when i specifically requested to speak to someone knowledgable with sat tech) the moment i rang up, didnt seem to be too confident in what hes talking about.

I know they specialize in mod chips but not too sure about how switched on they are about sats...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Australia is a big place made smaller by the internet. I wouldnt buy from someone because they are particuarly from my state unless its was an item with a huge freight bill.

I would suggest typing the name of any company you deal with in to BEFORE you deal with them. If they are arseholes or have a bad reputation a simple Google search will usually bring up someone complaining about a transaction.

" The Mod Shop " ......if you did a Google search on them you would find this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabiz View Post
    Here is one i found on ebay, sounds pretty good, prices seem to be quite decent.... Not sure of the location being close to you or not...
    Thanks mate, thats the mob that i linked on the first post, 1st link Appreciate your ebaying efforts tho!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    Australia is a big place made smaller by the internet. I wouldnt buy from someone because they are particuarly from my state unless its was an item with a huge freight bill.

I would suggest typing the name of any company you deal with in to BEFORE you deal with them. If they are arseholes or have a bad reputation a simple Google search will usually bring up someone complaining about a transaction.

" The Mod Shop " ......if you did a Google search on them you would find this
    Whoa, thanks for the heads up, for future reference,

Scroll half way down to, "FOXTEL Management Pty Ltd v The Mod Shop Pty Ltd"....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HyperZ View Post
    The new dish will be setup in Atwell, WA.

I have mates with dishes in Canning Vale, Kardinya and Booragoon so ill swap their FTA STB with the DM500s (Hopefully with PLi configured otherwise i have more fiddling to do hehe) and give that a go with the Astro Sub.
    are you saying that your mates are getting ASTRO in Canning Vale off Measat 3? I find it hard to believe. What dish size do they have?

Thanks

Looking at the link above under Astro Malaysia, how can i tell whether its on KU or C Band??

Would some members from WA mind try to scan for the Astro Freq and see if they get a scrambled/encrypted signal? I actually have the Astro card with me now, so if you are not too far away (pref SOR) and dont have too much on today being Anzac day public hols, ill be happy to pop by and give it a go. PM me for my mob number

Thanks

are you saying that your mates are getting ASTRO in Canning Vale off Measat 3? I find it hard to believe. What dish size do they have?
    They are receiving RTM1,RTM2 and TV3 in C'vale as they only have FTA boxes. They are on 2.4m dish i believe. Are you in the area?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    Would you mind sharing some retailers you have had good experiences with sir?

TIA

Thanks

Hi, Sorry to burst the bubble but ASTRO is only for Malaysia so the beam will only cover Malaysia with maybe Singapore thrown in. Its KU so it has a targeted beam. If you look at the lyngsat reference you will see underlined the beam information. Click on that and you see the actual coverage map.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xln747 View Post
    Hi, Sorry to burst the bubble but ASTRO is only for Malaysia so the beam will only cover Malaysia with maybe Singapore thrown in. Its KU so it has a targeted beam. If you look at the lyngsat reference you will see underlined the beam information. Click on that and you see the actual coverage map.

Hope this helps
    Ahhh i see, now i know where to find whether its a Ku or C Band type Beam.

Looks like i cant get Astro no matter what im going to do

Thanks

Stay away from The Mod Shop & ITech World (same mob).

Bottom line is you can`t go past Sciteq as mentioned above. Just as an example, I bought a 90cm Azure Shine dish several months ago for around $55 without the packaging. They have a small shop front, but a fairly well stocked warehouse.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast