Thread: Beware of AGL electricity billing.

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Default Beware of AGL electricity billing.

If you have solar and are with AGL I would suggest you check EACH bill carefully.

When I first had my system installed I filled in and returned the feed in agreement but they did not list the solar nor credit anything. Followed up and I was credited. They came and read the meter again which was meant to be free but was charged for at around $40 from memory. More phone calls and that was refunded.

I then notice the feed in rate was wrong.

More phone calls and that got fixed. They then sent me a bill with too lower charge and a few days later sent me an adjusted bill for the correct amount.

That's OK mistakes happen but on the corrected bill they added a $2.88 credit card fee charging me a fee to correct there mistake. More phone calls and the charge was reversed.

Today I get a letter telling me the prices have changed. OK with that except it lists my feed in rate as 19.9 cent per kw ex gst. It should be 60 something. More phone calls where I was told I did not return the feed in agreement.

Err yes I did and I was being payed the higher amount. Seems there is a new one they did not send me. It's now being sent and I will sign and return it and they are correcting the past under payment. This will involve a new meter read which should be free. I will wait and see if it its

I am not complaining about AGL's phone staff they have been nothing but helpful and have sorted the problems out OK but I do wonder how many other people just get the bill and pay it simply looking at the total and not the detail.

Anyway keep an eye on the detail of your bill.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SystemRat For This Useful Post:

viper5150 (09-02-11)

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Cool

For anyone who likes a bet , here's one for you.

I'll bet that as the electricity tarrif increases, the feed in tarrif that they pay remains the same.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    For anyone who likes a bet , here's one for you.

I'll bet that as the electricity tarrif increases, the feed in tarrif that they pay remains the same.
    Thats a sure bet.

Sounds like i will have to keep an eye on my bills then also. We are with AGL and finally had our feed in meters done last week.