Thread: How to configure commercial skip in a Ultra Plus F-9000HD PVR

Thanks

Question How to configure commercial skip in a Ultra Plus F-9000HD PVR

Maybe I'm a bit thick but I cannot see how to configure the commercial skip. At the moment it is 2 minutes but the handbook clearly states there are options of 10sec/15sec/20sex/25sec/30 sec. The 30 sec option would be fine but the present 2 mins is too much.

I cannot find any option to change it in the Configuration menu.

TIA

John
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Hi John,

Setting the Ad-Skip time.

When playing back your recorded programs, you can press the left or right keys on the remote (the navi keys NOT the FF or FR keys) to skip through your programs at a set interval. As you have found this is set to 2 mins by default.
    You change this by doing the following: When playing your recorded program, press the play button. This will bring up a playback progress bar and you will note on the right hand side the time that the skip is set to. By pressing the yellow button on your remote it scrolls through all the different time options. Press this until it's set to 30sec and Exit.
    Now when playing back recordings if you hit the left or right button the show will skip back or forth in 30sec increments.

Cheers,
    Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

best4less (12-02-11),Godzilla (10-08-11),marty 17 (10-08-11)

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Hi John,

Setting the Ad-Skip time.

When playing back your recorded programs, you can press the left or right keys on the remote (the navi keys NOT the FF or FR keys) to skip through your programs at a set interval. As you have found this is set to 2 mins by default.
    You change this by doing the following: When playing your recorded program, press the play button. This will bring up a playback progress bar and you will note on the right hand side the time that the skip is set to. By pressing the yellow button on your remote it scrolls through all the different time options. Press this until it's set to 30sec and Exit.
    Now when playing back recordings if you hit the left or right button the show will skip back or forth in 30sec increments.

Cheers,
    Leroy
    Thanks Leroy - just reset it - very easy. Why the hell couldn't they give those directions in the manual?

Like the Topfield PVRs, the UltraPlus runs pretty hot so I'll do what I have done with the other PVRs - use a USB link to relay switch on a 12V computer fan -> auto cooling whenever it is switched on.

This is a nice PVR but I'll hold off detailed comment till I've lived with it a while longer.

One side issue is the video quality of HD. First up it is brilliant with the ABC & SBS both on SD & HD with feed from Optus D1. But to be frank it is no better than the Topfield 5000 in that regard. And I really cannot detect any picture quality difference with SBS on upscaled SD compared to HD. But of course we need HD to receive some of the channels.

I'm hoping I can later use this UltraPlus for VAST, although the appropriate departments are playing it low key & uncooperative at the moment.

John
    Having trouble configuring the remote to control the cat

Thanks

Manual? Who reads the manual Yes one wonders sometimes.

I'm not sure a cooler is required but the extra heat may also be attributed to the 3.5" hard drive you installed. Some brands run cooler than others. Another option may be a 2.5" laptop drive?

SBS HD may be just transmitting a SD picture to begin with hence you not seeing any improvement. But it's good that you do notice the upscaling to 1080i of the SBS SD picture as this is a feature which attracted me to the UltraPlus in the first place.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Any more word on when an upgraded EPG will arrive? It's about my only gripe so far....not being able to see more than 2hrs ahead (Foxtel).

Phill

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustang137 View Post
    Any more word on when an upgraded EPG will arrive? It's about my only gripe so far....not being able to see more than 2hrs ahead (Foxtel).

Phill
    It's already been released for the Mediastar 1200s. I don't know what the hold up is for the UltraPlus but will find out more next week.

Also this Ad-Skip feature is also on the UltraPlus 980HD and the Mediastar 1200s.

Leroy

Thanks

John,

You can also skip to a percentage through a recorded program. If you wanted to skip to 20% in from the start of a recorded program then when playing back the program, press the play button and you'll bring up the playback progress bar. Press 20 on the remote (you'll see 20% appear on the right hand side of the playback progress bar) and OK and you'll see the playback progress bar move to the 20% position.

Cheers,
    Leroy

Thanks

Cool

You can also skip forward by as many minutes as you want (1 - 9) by pressing the numeric keys on the RC when the progress bar is up and if you press the 0 key, it will skip back by 30 seconds. This isn't in the manual for the 9000 but I found it in the manual for one of the other Ultraplus models (can't remember which one).

It makes me wonder if my machine has other features I'm not aware of and possibly will never be aware of, because it isn't in the manual.

I HATE commercials when playing back a program I have recorded but I have to say that this machine has the best ever trick controls for getting past them. I hope the devs never change it

• The Following User Says Thank You to Shaelz For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (10-08-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shaelz View Post
    You can also skip forward by as many minutes as you want (1 - 9) by pressing the numeric keys on the RC when the progress bar is up and if you press the 0 key, it will skip back by 30 seconds. This isn't in the manual for the 9000 but I found it in the manual for one of the other Ultraplus models (can't remember which one).

It makes me wonder if my machine has other features I'm not aware of and possibly will never be aware of, because it isn't in the manual.

I HATE commercials when playing back a program I have recorded but I have to say that this machine has the best ever trick controls for getting past them. I hope the devs never change it
    It's got great ad skipping functions/options.

From memory commercial skip has to be enabled in the Recording Options / Playback Numeric Funtion menu.

Leroy