Thread: "Contact your Dealer" message

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default "Contact your Dealer" message

It seems I do not have much luck. On the weekend whilst I was driving my 2006 WM Statesman i had a message come up on the console saying "contact your dealer" plus "anti skid off" or some message like that.... with a big annoying cross !!

I felt a bit of a "slip" or change in the rear wheel power after which I noticed that the auto seemed to be in a single gear e.g. 2nd gear (or possibly not past 3rd gear). Fortunately I was not far from home. When I got home turning the car off and on again made no difference ... i.e. the message and cross was still there.

The next morning the "contact your dealer" and annoying cross was gone - an engine alarm indicator light was still on though. Driving the car around the block was fine.

The next time I got in the car the engine alarm indicator light had also gone - the car has been OK since.

This same thing happened over 6 months ago - the mechanics could not find anything except asking for money (for doing nothing !) and "resetting" an alarm.

Not sure what to do... what if this had happened when I was out on a long trip in the country ??

I have RACV cover but I do not think this would cover this. Was thinking today if I had disconnected the battery to the car would this have "reset" the pain in the arse alarm and gear issue? I have a gut feeling this may have been a "get home" mode to cover or resolve some issue with the anti skid detectors?

Anyway I am asking around to see if others have had this experience and further to this what advice others may have here for this problem I have experienced.

Any ideas?

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Sounds like limp home mode.

Better get the error codes pulled off the ECU to identify what its crying about, it may point back to something as simple as a ABS or speed sensor not working.

Edit, a little digging reveals the luxury models use to drain power due to needing a software update, when that failed a new battery usually fixes it.

Last edited by Godzilla; 21-02-11 at 10:10 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Thanks Buddy

ECU error messages, Battery and Head unit software upgrade are a good start.

I have posted the same message over at the LS1 forum just in case there are other updates from there.

As I have the original battery in the car (and it is a big battery too) it is possible it may be just that...

Premium Member
    Thanks

I have managed to get the error codes off the ECU today

- P0700 Nil Request from TCM (traction Control Module)
    - Power supply module low voltage (ABS) ... or similar

The Nil request from TCM message had also happened about 6 months ago.

Unfortunately the mechanic had his battery tester away getting fixed so we could not test the battery (not just a voltage meter test.. it is something more complex than that)

At the moment I will keep waiting and check the battery when the tester returns at the mechanics...