Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NetworX NX4 - cannot detect zones.

Thanks

Default NetworX NX4 - cannot detect zones.

Hi,

I have a GE Networx NX4 with 6 sensors installed in my house about 2 yrs ago. Lately I’m having problem to get the unit to detect 2 zones. The little red light would light up when I walk into the room, but when i performed the Walk Test it would not detect it. I also tried use the Master Code to Reset Latched Alarms but it kept beeping which according to the manual the alarms have not been reset.

I don't want to temper the box or the circuit board but is there other any other way to re-activate these 2 zones?

Many thanks.
    Cheers
    TFG.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Wouldnt happen to be wireless sensors with flat batteries?

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

The red LED is driven by a different bit of circuitry than what switches the pelay in the detector to trigger the alarm. Hence the fact that the red LED comes on is only a general indication that the PIR is working. The latched alarms is really an output that powers the smoke detectors. Once the smoke detector has triggered it will latch on until reset by way of a momentary release of power. If you don't want to play around inside the box you had best get a licensed tech , but I would be betting that you have pretty cratty PIRs installed in the system & you have two that need replacing - especially if the system was working ok to begin with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FordTech View Post
    Wouldnt happen to be wireless sensors with flat batteries?
    They are wired sensors, i remember the installer wired them up when we first had them installed. And i can still see the tiny cable at the back of the senors.

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    The red LED is driven by a different bit of circuitry than what switches the pelay in the detector to trigger the alarm. Hence the fact that the red LED comes on is only a general indication that the PIR is working. The latched alarms is really an output that powers the smoke detectors. Once the smoke detector has triggered it will latch on until reset by way of a momentary release of power. If you don't want to play around inside the box you had best get a licensed tech , but I would be betting that you have pretty cratty PIRs installed in the system & you have two that need replacing - especially if the system was working ok to begin with.
    You are right, i remember all 6 of them used to work until the alarm was accidentially triggered after a few incorrect attempts of the user code (my bad). Would it be ok if i try to reset it by turning the power off and disconnecting the battery in the box, and then reconnect it? Thanks.

Thanks

yeh bud if you have the key for the box that will reset the latched inputs. just have your code ready for the tamper

Thanks

proves what you know mums bum, NX4 dont have a key

Thanks

You will need the installer code if you power the whole thing down due to wireless module.

Thanks

So you have a NX4, with 6 Detectors in total ?
    Are the detectors all on individual zones, some nx4's are infact nx8 with zone double EOL's.

Best bet would be to get someone to stand at the codepad, walk past each PIR and ask for confirmation that the zone is / not registering on the codepad.

I Would suggest that if there are a few that arent working, they may all be wired in series (if your panel is a nx-4)

Failing that, it's really best to get someone to come have a look, try and contact the installer if the system is a few years old a service wouldn't harm

Thanks

the 2 zones would'nt happen to be entry/exit zones would they?
    What zone numbers are they?
    As stated by others, if this problem is out of your capabilities then get in a tech to sort it out. Grasping at straws is not going to solve your problem if you are unable to check the basics. It is highly unlikely that 2 pirs would go faulty at exactly the same time unless it was due to damage to the pirs or cable or external influences. Standard basics should be checked and ruled out before adding any further problems into the equation by not knowing what you are doing.
    It comes back to "what price do you put on your security".
    Ring around and get a few prices from a few different companies if it is a cost issue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    I have two smoke detectors in the house, but i'm not sure if they are connceted to the security system or stand alone working on 9v battery. Is there a way to reset the smoke alarm?

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    You will need the installer code if you power the whole thing down due to wireless module.
    Mine is a not a wireless moduel and i don't have an installer code.

Quote Originally Posted by keef82 View Post
    So you have a NX4, with 6 Detectors in total ?
    Are the detectors all on individual zones, some nx4's are infact nx8 with zone double EOL's.
    Yes, i have a NX4 with 6 detectors in total. The two there are not working are number 5 & 6. What's a EOL and how is that related to my current problem? Thanks.

Best bet would be to get someone to stand at the codepad, walk past each PIR and ask for confirmation that the zone is / not registering on the codepad.
    I Would suggest that if there are a few that arent working, they may all be wired in series (if your panel is a nx-4)
    I have done a Walk Test and only detectors 1 to 4 showed up on the key pad. 5 & 6 did not despite i have tried resetting by deconnecting the backup battery and switched off the power supply.

Quote Originally Posted by bss904 View Post
    the 2 zones would'nt happen to be entry/exit zones would they?
    What zone numbers are they?
    Not sure what are entry and exit zones. I have 6 detectors and the two that are not working are 5 & 6. Number 6 is located in the master bedroom where the box is located. Number 5 is located in one of the bedrooms where Number 1 is the garage where the one of the two key pads is.

Thanks

sounds to me like a programming issue mate, at this point i'd call in a professional to have a look at it.

Why are people so tight when it comes to their security alarms !

Yet, i come across customers on a daily basis that will spend hundreds a month to have us come out if their system farts.

Be resonable here, you are out of your league.

Thanks

is there any reason why you havent called the original installation company back to have a look at your problem?

Thanks

Default Security

You may in fact have 4 zone panel, there is little difference between the NX4 and the NX8, you can default the panel by powering down the unit and then power up then enter 971300. the system will be then defaulted back to factory.
    The following is the link for the install in PDF
    Hope this helps
    H

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hardknight View Post
    You may in fact have 4 zone panel, there is little difference between the NX4 and the NX8, you can default the panel by powering down the unit and then power up then enter 971300. the system will be then defaulted back to factory.
    Hope this helps
    H
    Doofus, how the hell is that going to help this guy ?
    What if his alarm is monitored are you going to go and re commission it for free??

you have just told him how to factory set the system, directed him to a manual of a system that he is un familiar with.
    Great thinking!!

Thanks

Doofus, how the hell is that going to help this guy ?
    What if his alarm is monitored are you going to go and re commission it for free??

you have just told him how to factory set the system, directed him to a manual of a system that he is un familiar with.
    Great thinking!!
    If he has got any idea,the manual might help, and if you read his 1st post he does not have contact with an alarm company, or appear to be monitored.
    I thought forums were to aid and help people not just add useless quotes that dont help anybody, and if he needs help, I can organise that for him as well.
    You the Doofus

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hardknight View Post
    Hope this helps
    H
    Hardknight take a bow, you are a useless clown. How do you think that you are helping the guy that has absolutly no idea about his alarm system by giving him info on defaulting his alarm panel. He has a problem with 2 sectors not working and in your clever wisdom, sight unseen you advise him to default his entire panel and leave him to figure out how to get it going again with a link to an install manual when the guy does not even know what an eolr is. If he had any technical ability in security then he would of fixed his problem himself.
    Hardknight, do you think that every problem can be solved by defaulting panels and reprogramming them. All you are doing is adding additional costs to the service call. He will now have to pay a tech to now reprogram and test the whole system as well as having to fix the original problem as well. If this is the best advice you can give then you obviously are not a professional, and if you think you are then it is time to give up and try something else before you give others in the industry a bad name.

Thanks

keef, bss904 well said i agree 100%

Thanks

Default Thought it was about helping

Well I guess you guys ,just dont want to help. just sit on your puter and spout useless posts, that dont help anyone. Anyone can program a NX4 and most alarm panels if they have a manual, and if they get stuck, its would be nice if someone could help them in this forum. Not tell them to get a tech out, because its so difficult to program. You guys would like to make the public believe its rocket science, Well as we all know its NOT.
    Take a bow yourself for just being useless.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Do you have a zone list Family Guy?

The easiest and quickest way for you to identify your zones will be to pop the covers off the PIR's one at a time while noting which LED has lit up on the keypad in the mean time.

This will also Isolate which detectors are not changing state and whether or not the 2 zones in question are in fact smoke detectors.

Try that and get back to us.

Thanks

Well done George, a step in the right direction

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast