Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vast decoder universal LNB

Thanks

Default Vast decoder universal LNB

I am looking at getting a Vast STB for my friend.

his setup is all dishes run 9,750/10,600 universal LNB's
    will the decoder work with a universal LNB and can the settings be changed in the box, or if not is there a work around for this as he does not want to change lnb's

Thanks
    1 x VU+ Duo HD Twin Tuner PVR, 2 X AZbox HD, 2 X Opticum 9500 HD, Unotelly DNS & VPN, 2 X Roku Media players, 3 X WD-TV Media Players, and some shitty Vast STB's

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,075 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sat 49 View Post

will the decoder work with a universal LNB and can the settings be changed in the box, or if not is there a work around for this as he does not want to change lnb's

Thanks
    In the VAST thread, several people have tried a universal LNB and found they don't work., so he'll need either an 11300 or 10700 (I'd go with the 10700, personally).

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

sat 49 (03-03-11)

Thanks

Must be a crap box then, even the old crap Foxtel pace box you can change to universal settings
    1 x VU+ Duo HD Twin Tuner PVR, 2 X AZbox HD, 2 X Opticum 9500 HD, Unotelly DNS & VPN, 2 X Roku Media players, 3 X WD-TV Media Players, and some shitty Vast STB's

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    In the VAST thread, several people have tried a universal LNB and found they don't work., so he'll need either an 11300 or 10700 (I'd go with the 10700, personally).
    When I first got my VAST box, I set it up with a Universal LNB. It worked fine... except that the OTA updates failed. I then installed a 10700 LNB and the OTA updates then succeeded.

I have since been advised by UEC that this was caused by intolerance of 'drift' experienced with older (universal and 11300) LNBs. Apparently, they have attempted to remedy this with their latest OTA upgrade. If this is correct, then possibly if you can get the firmware up to date first, you may then be able to re-install the universal LNB and still get future OTA updates.

So initially, a 10700 LNB is the way to go. The next OTA update (if you wanted to check correct operation with universal LNB) may be a while.

• The Following User Says Thank You to AJM For This Useful Post:

sat 49 (03-03-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sat 49 View Post

Thanks
    Yes Universal (Or dual frequency) LNB's are supported - set the LNB type to 'DUAL' in the menu's. The latest firmware addresses the frequency drift issue as well - if you cant get the OTA update to complete successfully you can download the firmware from and do a USB update.

Cheers,

RD

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RDX For This Useful Post:

Sandgroper1 (27-04-11),sat 49 (03-03-11)

Thanks

Thanks RDX, for your useful information.

your link is broken

Firmware download

Code:
    http://www.uec.com.au/au/manuals/DSD4121_V2.22_l36.zip

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sat 49 For This Useful Post:

tristen (04-03-11),Xplorer (05-03-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RDX View Post
    Yes Universal (Or dual frequency) LNB's are supported - set the LNB type to 'DUAL' in the menu's. The latest firmware addresses the frequency drift issue as well - if you cant get the OTA update to complete successfully you can download the firmware from and do a USB update.

Cheers,

RD
    Thanks, this just fixed my signal problem by selecting 'dual'. I am listing both at 10700, is this correct or should I have 10700 and something different?

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sandgroper1 View Post
    Thanks, this just fixed my signal problem by selecting 'dual'. I am listing both at 10700, is this correct or should I have 10700 and something different?
    Settings depend on the particular LNB, but universal LNB's generally use Low 9.75 GHz and high 10.6 GHz (or 9750 and 10600)

Edit: I've explained the settings and differences in your other thread on the subject.

Last edited by mtv; 27-04-11 at 12:22 PM. Reason: added info

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Sandgroper1 (27-04-11)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

mine works fine with a universal lnb.

just select dual and fill in the appropriate frequencies, mine are 9750/10600.....

Thanks

Default confused with universal LNB in WA

hi there,

digging up this slightly old thread:
    I'm interested to hear from anyone successfully using a universal LNB, especially in WA.

UEC DSD4241
    defaulted to single 10700 - no signal detected
    updated lnb setup to dual 9750 10600 to match the universal lnb in use (confirmed lnb settings from config of the Strong SRT 4900+ stb that this unit is replacing).
    firmware updated 2.22 firmware via usb

Can successfully view just two channels:
    the info 800 channel
    & ABC 3 (SE)
    tv guide shows all the ABC & SBS channels for all states, however all appear scrambled, even after settings UEC timezone to WA.

VAST Smartcard was successfully registered about a week ago.

Done various rescans and power cycles w/o any change is channel selection. My understanding is that GWN, WIN, 1, 7mate, Go should all be up.

located in SW of WA.
    Last edited by enderwa; 29-08-11 at 06:45 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink Never the twain shall meet!

Quote Originally Posted by enderwa View Post
    hi there,

digging up this slightly old thread:
    I'm interested to hear from anyone successfully using a universal LNB, especially in WA.

UEC DSD4241
    defaulted to single 10700 - no signal detected
    updated lnb setup to dual 9750 10600 to match the universal lnb in use (confirmed lnb settings from config of the Strong SRT 4900+ stb that this unit is replacing).
    firmware updated 2.22 firmware via usb

the info 800 channel
    & ABC 3 (SE)
    tv guide shows all the ABC & SBS channels for all states, however all appear scrambled, even after settings UEC timezone to WA.

Done various rescans and power cycles w/o any change is channel selection. My understanding is that GWN, WIN, 1, 7mate, Go should all be up.

located in SW of WA.
    G'Day Cobbers,
    I cannot understand why members have a penchant for Universal LNBs, when they are superfluous for the Optus Satellites.
    Even if you have a motorised dish, the Skew is different for Optus and other Satellites.
    The only way that it is practical, is with a Multi LNB holder with the Skew independently set for each LNB when using a single Dish.
    Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Edit:- You cannot simply change the LNB configuration in set up without changing the LNB itself. What's written on the LNB, is what you use in Set Up.

Last edited by beer4life; 29-08-11 at 07:56 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to beer4life For This Useful Post:

bodgie (30-08-11)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

the info 800 channel
    & ABC 3 (SE)

The Info Channel & ABC 3 SE are currently broadcast FTA, the rest of the Vast Channels are encrypted,

So if your getting channel 800 & ABC 3 SE, your setup is probably OK,

Maybe you just need to do an Online Re-Activation (at the link below)

make sure the card is properly inserted (contacts facing down), the STB is turned "on" & on a vast encrypted channel, then go to the website & re-activate, then wait a little while & watch for results

failing this, call vast & ask them to check, are you activated & what is the problem

Good Luck
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 29-08-11 at 08:09 PM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

Thanks

The box needs to be connected and viewing the signal (eg ch800) BEFORE you register. The smartcard isn't going to receive it's activation messages if the box isn't connected...

• The Following User Says Thank You to ant999999 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (29-08-11)

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ant999999 View Post
    The box needs to be connected and viewing the signal (eg ch800) BEFORE you register. The smartcard isn't going to receive it's activation messages if the box isn't connected...
    many thanks to those providing very prompt feedback.

my post might have been a little unclear:
    The UEC obviously come configured for a single 10700 LNB.
    I've since reconfigured it to dual mode 9750 / 10600 to match the LNB actually up on the dish.

the activation was done without the system hooked up and online, Parents could never get any signal until I'd reconfigured it following advice on here and dtvforum. The activation is what I'm looking into now...

I was a little confused that the UEC detected a whole swag of ABC & SBS channels (all encrypted/scrambled) for all states, but no sign of GWN, WIN or the new "freeview channels. A rescan on the Strong box, that I reconnect to keep Dad quiet, shows all these new channels (scrambled obviously).

Thanks

Until your smartcard is properly activated, you might not see the commercial channels (WIN etc) in the UEC box's channel line up. The card will not yet have the correct bouquet/region information. Once you do the smartcard reactivation from the myvast website, everything should come good within a couple of minutes.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ant999999 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (30-08-11)

Banned
    Thanks

I'm in WA and did not have any problems do as the boys have said and change your LNB an turn it on and contact VAST, vast.administration@mysattv.com.au
    and get them to check it out for you.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

If after connecting the STB you still havent been 'activated', you should have a number to ring for the STB to be 'Hit'.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

many thanks to those providing very prompt feedback.

my post might have been a little unclear:
    The UEC obviously come configured for a single 10700 LNB.
    I've since reconfigured it to dual mode 9750 / 10600 to match the LNB actually up on the dish.

the activation was done without the system hooked up and online, Parents could never get any signal until I'd reconfigured it following advice on here and dtvforum. The activation is what I'm looking into now...

I was a little confused that the UEC detected a whole swag of ABC & SBS channels (all encrypted/scrambled) for all states, but no sign of GWN, WIN or the new "freeview channels. A rescan on the Strong box, that I reconnect to keep Dad quiet, shows all these new channels (scrambled obviously).

The symptoms of you speak of are very similar to that of 4121 with an older version of the firmware.

If you only receiving the ABC/SBS bouquets, hit the TV button on the remote and see if you have the full bouquet listing.

If this be the case, go into the main menu and perform a software down load.

The latest version can be manually downloaded.

If you STB was not authorised for the commerical services, it would display a not authorised service and apposed to the services not exisiting in the bouquet.

Thanks

hey guys, sorry to bump this oldish thread again (and point me in the right direction if there's a more appropriate thread)

im having some issues with installing my VAST stb, although different to beer4life's, basically i have an existing aurora setup which works well, but i bought a new altech uec vast box recently, however i am unable to get it to find the sattelite, it wont scan and i am unable to get channel 800 or any others, i have tried playing with LNB settings, but im not really sure what im doing with that so i have returned it to its default "single 10700MHz" setting. any suggestions as to how i can get it to scan or what i should configure the lnb to? or how i can find out the correct lnb. i am also located in south west wa btw

cheers in advance

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unclemikey View Post
    hey guys, sorry to bump this oldish thread again (and point me in the right direction if there's a more appropriate thread)

im having some issues with installing my VAST stb, although different to beer4life's, basically i have an existing aurora setup which works well, but i bought a new altech uec vast box recently, however i am unable to get it to find the sattelite, it wont scan and i am unable to get channel 800 or any others, i have tried playing with LNB settings, but im not really sure what im doing with that so i have returned it to its default "single 10700MHz" setting. any suggestions as to how i can get it to scan or what i should configure the lnb to? or how i can find out the correct lnb. i am also located in south west wa btw

cheers in advance
    You won't know which setting to use until you confirm what the local oscillator (LO) frequency is of the LNB you are using.

Considering your Aurora decoder is working OK, check the LNB settings in the Aurora decoder and set the VAST box LNB configuration to the same.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast