Thread: Need for brand new Wii DVD Drive replacement ?

Thanks

Default Need for brand new Wii DVD Drive replacement ?

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to ask some of you installers out there if you had a demand for brand new Wii DVD drives. I mean the complete drive and board to replace for customers that have tried to install a chip and stuffed the whole drive?

We have managed to get some brand new D2C drives from Europe and wondered if it's something that might have a decent demand or not. The price on the bastards is not cheap, around the $170 mark, so I wanted to hear feedback from you guys if you think they will be in demand or not.

There were some whole D2B drives floating around, but they wanted heaps more for them. I did notice on EBay they were selling D2B fairly cheap which I found odd considering the wholesale suppliers for things such as whole drives all have D2B costing a lot more then D2C drives. If any of you have bought some of those cheap D2B drives from eBay I would love to hear from you on them.
    R4 DS The R4 DS is the most popular flash card on the market
    AceKard 2i AceKard 2i Is the Best DSi Flash Card
    CycloDS Evolution CycloDS Is the most feature packed card around
    DSTT TTDS DSTT does what you need at the lowest price

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ModSupplier View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to ask some of you installers out there if you had a demand for brand new Wii DVD drives. I mean the complete drive and board to replace for customers that have tried to install a chip and stuffed the whole drive?

We have managed to get some brand new D2C drives from Europe and wondered if it's something that might have a decent demand or not. The price on the bastards is not cheap, around the $170 mark, so I wanted to hear feedback from you guys if you think they will be in demand or not.

There were some whole D2B drives floating around, but they wanted heaps more for them. I did notice on EBay they were selling D2B fairly cheap which I found odd considering the wholesale suppliers for things such as whole drives all have D2B costing a lot more then D2C drives. If any of you have bought some of those cheap D2B drives from eBay I would love to hear from you on them.
    Dave, I reckon a little bit steep, BUT, considering they have a useless Wii console without it, its prolly the best alternative to fix it.

Being a d2c as well increases the price to remod it for them, might run into $250-300 plus for a new rom chipped with d2ckey.

Mick

Thanks

Yeah I thought the price was high as well, we have been trying to source them from mainland China, but have had no luck so far. We had to get these buggers from Europe.

Guess I will just see how fast these first few move and decide from that. Thought it would be good to have them for any of you guys that need one urgently for whatever reason too.

Lets hope I can get them from Mainland at some point.
    R4 DS The R4 DS is the most popular flash card on the market
    AceKard 2i AceKard 2i Is the Best DSi Flash Card
    CycloDS Evolution CycloDS Is the most feature packed card around
    DSTT TTDS DSTT does what you need at the lowest price