Thread: New Wii D2C Chip Rumours

Thanks

Default New Wii D2C Chip Rumours

Just thought I would pass this info on to you guys here.

As some of you may already know, they have just managed to clone the D2CKey. Personally we wont be selling these chips, but something that has come of it is interesting.

We got word this morning that D2CKey guys have something under their belt to combat it. We have not heard anything about it from the official channels as yet, but came from a very reliable source. The rumour is they will soon announce the D2CKey Lite chip, which is said to have 15-wires or less. If this is true, I have the feeling they had the ability to make them that fewer wires in the first place and just took the opportunity to hold onto that technology until after the D2CKey was cloned or another chip took a large amount of their market. Anyway, keep an eye out for the new low wire count D2CKeys.

Also another little bit of info I found interesting was talk from Team Cyclo about a new chip that would support all models in one chip. This has not been confirmed directly, but once again the source was pretty good. From what we were told the new chip will be 5 wires on all older wii and 7-wires for the new D2C. They have apparently attacked the D2C models in a different fashion then D2CKey or Infectus. Once again this info is not confirmed and we will all just have to wait and see. But interesting to hear what's floating around.
    R4 DS The R4 DS is the most popular flash card on the market
    AceKard 2i AceKard 2i Is the Best DSi Flash Card
    CycloDS Evolution CycloDS Is the most feature packed card around
    DSTT TTDS DSTT does what you need at the lowest price

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ModSupplier View Post
    Just thought I would pass this info on to you guys here.

As some of you may already know, they have just managed to clone the D2CKey. Personally we wont be selling these chips, but something that has come of it is interesting.

We got word this morning that D2CKey guys have something under their belt to combat it. We have not heard anything about it from the official channels as yet, but came from a very reliable source. The rumour is they will soon announce the D2CKey Lite chip, which is said to have 15-wires or less. If this is true, I have the feeling they had the ability to make them that fewer wires in the first place and just took the opportunity to hold onto that technology until after the D2CKey was cloned or another chip took a large amount of their market. Anyway, keep an eye out for the new low wire count D2CKeys.

Also another little bit of info I found interesting was talk from Team Cyclo about a new chip that would support all models in one chip. This has not been confirmed directly, but once again the source was pretty good. From what we were told the new chip will be 5 wires on all older wii and 7-wires for the new D2C. They have apparently attacked the D2C models in a different fashion then D2CKey or Infectus. Once again this info is not confirmed and we will all just have to wait and see. But interesting to hear what's floating around.
    good stuff Dave, thanks for the headsup.

Reckon this might create some fierce competition on the prices a bit too

Cheers
    Mick

Thanks

They are calling it a D2PRO from what I am hearing Dave.
    some details I found:
    A very reputable source has just provided information that a new chip for the D2C chipset will be available before the end of this month. It only uses 15 wires, but is reported to be as stable as D2Ckey without the audiofix and DRE's plaguing Argon. D2PRO is using the Actel A3P architecture, and is fully updatable via D2prog, an external USB programmer.

Thanks

Wow, interesting news...

Some competition will be welcome if it pushes the prices down to more realistic price points.
    What would you do if your server was stolen or failed beyond repair?
    http://www.2000cn.com.au/shadowprotect.html

Thanks

I am not sure if we are talking about the same chip or not Mick. Let me know if yours is another one. The one I was talking about is the D2CPro chip. Looks exactly the same as D2CKey, there was no connector for upgrading it tho, which is why I asked if it maybe different.

I would say they will iron out the bugs with argon with firmware updates, all the stock out there now is running that v1.1 firmware, which is already been outdated by the v1.2. A few of my guys will have their hands on Argon this week and I will have some more on the ground feedback. The programmers for the buggers don't ship until around the 18th.

I imagine the D2CKey guys will make this new model cheaper to compete like you said Mick, so D2C chips should come down a bit in the next 60-days.

Thanks

I would say they are mainly concerned about argon and will go for a lower wire count chip ASAP. I have had that many customers come to me with botched D2C-key installs it would make your hairs curl, the demand for lower wire count from lesser skilled installers would be great.

I would like Argon to iron a few of their bugs out before I give them a run.

So far I have had zero trouble with D2C-key

Thanks

Yeah I would have to say the D2CKey is close to flawless. I mean, yes it has high wire counts, but we had a chip for Christmas that worked without any problems, so we do have to be happy about that.

Also know what you mean about Argon and the bug's, I just found out today that there is a problem with all region on the things, word is a new firmware is on the way.

Personally I am really looking forward to this D2Pro or whatever they will call it. Got sent a photo of it today to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ModSupplier View Post
    Yeah I would have to say the D2CKey is close to flawless. I mean, yes it has high wire counts, but we had a chip for Christmas that worked without any problems, so we do have to be happy about that.

Also know what you mean about Argon and the bug's, I just found out today that there is a problem with all region on the things, word is a new firmware is on the way.

Personally I am really looking forward to this D2Pro or whatever they will call it. Got sent a photo of it today to.
    Dave, just as an fyi, that D2C that was giving grief before Chrissy turned out to be the chip as I swapped for a new one and now fine! Still a good strike rate 2 out of 1500 chips

Thanks

There is a pic of the D2Pro here showing the 15 wire install.

What would you do if your server was stolen or failed beyond repair?
    http://www.2000cn.com.au/shadowprotect.html

Thanks

Is it just me or does that pic look fake?

Where are the via from the connector down, there are no tracks leading away....Some of the components look "pasted"

Why would they not be marketing this chip already if they had prototypes like this?

Hope I am wrong

Thanks

It does look a little fake around certain areas....but don't worry about it.
    D2ckey dont mess around with this stuff. Will be available in Feb.

Infectus posted a fake picture on their site with the Argon over a month ago, and stock just hit Australia a couple of days ago.
    If the picture is fake, its probably to delay ideas from cloners.