Thread: Where to buy a legal copy of iGO8

Thanks

Default Where to buy a legal copy of iGO8

Hi all,

I have just purchased a GPS for my car from ebay and it has an illegal copy of iGO8 (8.3.4). I wish to purchase a legal copy but I'm having problems trying to find anyone that sells the product in Australia with Oz maps.

My GPS runs WinCE6.0 and the software is installed on an SD Card.

I tried contacting techrific.com.au but their software only runs on Windows Mobile.

If anyone can tell me who sells the software in Australia it would be appreciated.

TIA

Greg

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Default Buy Igo 8?

Quote Originally Posted by ghines View Post
    Hi all,

I have just purchased a GPS for my car from ebay and it has an illegal copy of iGO8 (8.3.4). I wish to purchase a legal copy but I'm having problems trying to find anyone that sells the product in Australia with Oz maps.

I tried contacting techrific.com.au but their software only runs on Windows Mobile.

If anyone can tell me who sells the software in Australia it would be appreciated.

TIA

Greg
    About 12 months ago I saw Igo8 on a GPS on demo (and available to buy installed on a GPS) in Hardly Normal.

I think it may have been on a MIO gps- but my memory could be faulty! In any case it was an older version of the proggie on my GPS!

I'm fairly sure that you can buy it on various units available from time to time at ALDI.

I've read on other sites the program is not sold by itself in Oz!

Thanks

I've only ever seen any of the iGO variants available for sale as a separate package once in Aus and that was ages ago. These days it is only available installed on complete PNA packages such as those by Aldi, Laser Navig8r & Uniden. NavnGo seem to have made the decision to only sell to OEM manufacturers now days, then they wonder why people acquire copies elsewhere. So unfortunately, I think you are probably out of luck!

Cheers, Ian
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic!

Thanks

Yup, looks like you'll just have to be naughty like the rest of us!! - BlindPete

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghines View Post
    Hi all,

TIA

Greg

err, why

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlindPete View Post
    Yup, looks like you'll just have to be naughty like the rest of us!! - BlindPete
    Does look that way. Thanks everyone for all your comments.

Greg

Thanks

Available on ALDI gps.

Bazzle

Thanks

Not possible to buy legaly. I even contacted IGO direct they were not interested.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jards88 View Post
    I've only ever seen any of the iGO variants available for sale as a separate package once in Aus and that was ages ago. These days it is only available installed on complete PNA packages such as those by Aldi, Laser Navig8r & Uniden. NavnGo seem to have made the decision to only sell to OEM manufacturers now days, then they wonder why people acquire copies elsewhere. So unfortunately, I think you are probably out of luck!

Cheers, Ian
    As with Jards, I have only seen it on uniden products only though (they even make mention to naviextras on their site) and more recently as, prob implied by someone else, it is seen on the new Subaru ad, as a feature on the new Liberty I believe.
    Cant blame you for wanting a legal copy though, Im very impressed with all the Igo products, and in hindsight, cant understand why only the big 3, TomTom, Garmin and Navman are the only ones advertised in the likes of JB's & Harveys etc.
    Why dont you consider selling your gps a buying a uniden if you feel that strongly about getting a legit copy of Igo?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peekay34 View Post
    Not possible to buy legaly. I even contacted IGO direct they were not interested.
    ALDI one is, even comes with Latest maps, poi, etc etc, where do you think the maps and stuff you get on here come from....... heaven?

Bazzle

Thanks

Ha!ha!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bazzle01 View Post
    ALDI one is, even comes with Latest maps, poi, etc etc, where do you think the maps and stuff you get on here come from....... heaven?

Bazzle
    You can buy a unit with maps on it Bazzel but to buy the maps individualy no....thanks for the sarcasim...so it becomes illegal

Thanks

If you buy a legal unit you can then update the maps legally at a price. But legal maps can easily be used illegally, so Bazzle was just using Aldi as an example. Remember that Aussie maps are not as easy to come by as other countries are. Because of NavnGo's policies it is impossible to buy a legal copy of Primo without purchasing hardware to go with it. Talk about encourage piracy! This has been represented to NavnGo many times in the past and they don't give a damn, their profits from the sale of hardware with pre-installed Primo software must be enough to keep them happy as once the hardware is sold they keep exclusive control over the map updates, not the manufacturer.

Cheers, Ian
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jards88 For This Useful Post:

bazzle01 (25-03-11)

Thanks

Totally with you on that one Jards I know it is shit that you can't buy the software. I bought a unit with legal mapping and igo update site does not even recognise it.... so much for trying to do the right thing. Anyway if it wasn't the dedication of some of the people on sites like this one we would not have anything.....since the manufacturers won't support their own product.....I would be happy to pay for it if I could I can't so therefore ...well I think you know the answer

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by victoro View Post
    Sadly that link will send you to the fruit-store in two clicks!
    Why they will sell software-only to the sheep who have ithings and not for genuinely useful automotive and handheld pna devices is beyond me..