Thread: wanted: modded ps2

Junior Member Feedback Score 0
    Thanks

Default wanted: modded ps2

I've had a terribly bad run with ps2's with mod chips. Paid $150 to get my ps2 modded in january - the lens died 2 months later (i'd only used it for 2 hours). Bought another ps2 ($95)from eb games to get modded - installer said he'd double check the laser to see if he could just swap them, he merely flipped open the lid of both of them, said "nope that won't fit" then charged $50 for the "service". He ended up installing a mod chip (i supplied it) for another $100, when I got it back from the shop, it didn't work and the laser scratched any game I put in there. Non-refundable apparently, because it was a service.

Got onto ebay and bought a modded console for $100: the listing was removed after I paid (bank deposit in the guys' branch, so no hope of getting that back) - I can only hope for the best, since I've only had a reply from 1 of my 4 emails.

Anyway, does anyone have a modded playstation 2? Since I've paid $400 in my quest to find one (they simply aren't available in TAS), I just want to get one with a decent laser that will hopefully last a few months or more, and be done with it. Preferably one with a mars pro chip or modbo (i need to use the action replay max cd... matrix infinity apparently has problems with this). I've only been able to find consoles for $180-$280 at mainland mod shops, and one of the stores doesn't answer emails or phone calls.

I'd be greatful if anyone was willing to part with a console, I do have a 79002 here that I could send (but I've had trouble finding modbo/marspro install diagrams), but I'd just prefer to get another console and be done with it.

EDIT: The only advertised modder in TAS only touches 360s and wiis. According to him, it definately isn't a soldering job for a newbie such as myself, otherwise i'd give it a go.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

U after spare lens? I got a bunch of PVR-802W lens sitting here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    U after spare lens? I got a bunch of PVR-802W lens sitting here.
    It might have been useful, but the store that was working on the one with the stuffed lens didn't bother to put it back together again - plus they'd taken the mod chip out anyway. I either need a modded console or someone that's willing to solder in a chip.

Senior Member Feedback Score 85 (98%) urban_s0ulja's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi,

Sucks to hear about the bad run you had.

Whats the model number of the motherboard, might be able to dig up the diagram for you. BUT don't attempt installing if you are not confident they are not easy to do.

PS2's aren't for people who can't solder, only very few people in Australia will do them. Compared to all the clowns offering Xbox360/Wii mods, which anyone who can read and follow instructions can do.

If the PS2 was scratching your discs it means the F*wit couldn't even put your consoles back together properly. He charged $50 for a service and he didn't even replace the laser far out. I would have told him where to go.

Ive got some brand new PS2 90002's (latest model) ready to go all pre-modded with Mars Pro 816HD they work really well and are very reliable they come with a warranty as well. Installations been done to a very high standard, have a look at the installers thread here to see the quality of .

But yeh post up the mobo number. You can also try looking for Modbo 4.0 diagrams and just adapt to match.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by urban_s0ulja View Post
    Hi,

Sucks to hear about the bad run you had.

Whats the model number of the motherboard, might be able to dig up the diagram for you. BUT don't attempt installing if you are not confident they are not easy to do.

PS2's aren't for people who can't solder, only very few people in Australia will do them. Compared to all the clowns offering Xbox360/Wii mods, which anyone who can read and follow instructions can do.

If the PS2 was scratching your discs it means the F*wit couldn't even put your consoles back together properly. He charged $50 for a service and he didn't even replace the laser far out. I would have told him where to go.

Ive got some brand new PS2 90002's (latest model) ready to go all pre-modded with Mars Pro 816HD they work really well and are very reliable they come with a warranty as well. Installations been done to a very high standard, have a look at the installers thread here to see the quality of .

But yeh post up the mobo number. You can also try looking for Modbo 4.0 diagrams and just adapt to match.
    it's a 79002, unfortunately that electrical repair place had the mars pro chip with them, and i bet they're going to charge top dollar to merely say "sorry we couldn't make the chip work".

How much are you after for the 90002's?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigertoddy View Post
    it's a 79002, unfortunately that electrical repair place had the mars pro chip with them, and i bet they're going to charge top dollar to merely say "sorry we couldn't make the chip work".

How much are you after for the 90002's?
    Whats the name of this repair shop so I don't accidentally send any tassy customers that way.

90002's are

One in stock at the moment, pre-modded and ready to go.

Thanks

The PS2 with the bad lens, is it a slim or a fat ?

I got a whole bunch of spare parts here, can probably patch together a zombie lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by urban_s0ulja View Post
    Whats the name of this repair shop so I don't accidentally send any tassy customers that way.

90002's are

One in stock at the moment, pre-modded and ready to go.
    Hobart Electronics.

Oh, and I've tried to phone and email hillsdistrict without any reply on either - (it's been about 2 weeks now, by email) - I take it you work there, and that there are indeed no second-hand pre-mods (as indicated in the catalogue)?

If there aren't any second-hand pre-mods in stock, I wouldn't mind looking at the installation service - I have a 79002 (can't find a mars pro diagram for it though) and the 70002 that's in pieces here atm. If you could pm me an email or phone number of someone I'd be able to talk to from there, I'd more than likely buy that new console, hopefully being able to get it out to me before the weekend.

I'm using this memory card exploit, that does allow playing backups, but it simply won't allow cheat devices, etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigertoddy View Post
    Hobart Electronics.

Oh, and I've tried to phone and email hillsdistrict without any reply on either - (it's been about 2 weeks now, by email) - I take it you work there, and that there are indeed no second-hand pre-mods (as indicated in the catalogue)?

If there aren't any second-hand pre-mods in stock, I wouldn't mind looking at the installation service - I have a 79002 (can't find a mars pro diagram for it though) and the 70002 that's in pieces here atm. If you could pm me an email or phone number of someone I'd be able to talk to from there, I'd more than likely buy that new console, hopefully being able to get it out to me before the weekend.

I'm using this memory card exploit, that does allow playing backups, but it simply won't allow cheat devices, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok
    The PS2 with the bad lens, is it a slim or a fat ?

I got a whole bunch of spare parts here, can probably patch together a zombie lol.
    Slim, 70002. However humpty dumpty needs putting together again.

Thanks

Dw I assemble them with eyes closed. Also 70002 prob fried because it doesnt have diode fix. Very common back in the days.

Thanks

Dw I assemble them with eyes closed. Also 70002 prob fried because it doesnt have diode fix. Very common back in the days.
    If I got it to you, I'd still need to get a chip in it.

Thanks

Hi

Yeh 70002 really needs a decent laser fix,

Op resend a email.

Phone is really only answered when I'm in the workshop.

I can organize a install for you.

Regards

Junior Member Feedback Score 8 (100%) sirhrt's Avatar
    Thanks

l have one slimline Ps2 brand new never use for sale model no SCPH-77002
    Comes with console, power suply,power cord,controller.user manual av cables and is moded to $150 posted let me know