Thread: KIS 2011 Parental Control

Thanks

Default KIS 2011 Parental Control

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure the parental control function in KIS 2011 to limit to access to a particular website, namely facebook.

I can completely block facebook for ever and a day but doing this is simply defeating the purpose, However, what I am not trying to do is "limit" the amount of time throughout the day that facebook can be accessed, for example,

"facebook can only be accessed between for a two hr period between 3.30 - 5.30 each afternoon"

So, does anyone know if this functionality exists with KIS 2011? I guess the other way around this is to manually allow access each someone wants to go on facebook....

If anyone has had success in configuring KIS in way I'm seeking please share or any other suggestions I can try?
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I have no idea how but this functionality do exists,I have seen one of my friends doing it..
    hi

Thanks

Pretty sure you can't restrict one site for an amount of time with restricting complete access to the internet.....I am having the same drama - at a particular time I want only one address allowed.

Yet to work it out....does KAS 2011 do separate profiles? (per logon) Maybe create a separate "Facebook" logon....?

• The Following User Says Thank You to berlinabydesign For This Useful Post:

osci (08-04-11)

Thanks

Update...

I haven't yet managed to configure KIS to do want I'd like it to do, So for the time being, facebook and a number of other dangerous websites (what I consider dangerous) are permently blocked with facebook being manually unblocked when myself & the wife choose to allow, I know its not the answer to what I'm seeking but its worked so far for us.

Now the other thing I "looovvvve" about KIS 2011 is, becasue we have parental control is enabled and I only discovered this tonight it actually creates a hard record of the facebook conversation , This is very handy feature indeed, So we may have solved part of problem at least with this feature.
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination